Spreading of the Pontifices

This is my first time doing something like this and I wouldn't necessarily call it a contest or challenge since there won't be any actual winners but I would like it if you could make "Pontifex" cards. For those of you who don't know, a Pontifex is "(in ancient Rome) a member of the principal college of priests." An example of a Pontifex I made is this:

The request: Make a Pontifex
The rules:
1) It must have the "Pontifex" subtype, any other type is up to you.
2) Any color combination is allowed.
3) It must have "When *name* enters the battlefield, put X Faith counters on it where X is your devotion to [color(s)]."
4) It must have at least one other ability that interacts with the Faith counters, it doesn't matter how it interacts though. It could add/remove Faith counters, it could get bonuses for having them, or anything else.

If you have any questions just ask and I will do my best to answer as soon as I can. I hope you enjoy it.

Comments

• Not to be negative or anything, but considering what a Pontifex was in ancient history, couldn't it just fall under the Cleric subclass?
  • edited February 2020
    Pontifex of Spring
  • edited February 2020

A note: "Devotion to phyrexian mana" is defined as "a numerical value that a player has, equal to the number of phyrexian mana symbols in the mana costs of permanents they control."

Another note: zero faith counters is a legitimate choice for the tap ability. Yes, this does mean you can tap it, choose zero, then cast a removal spell to "recharge" faith counters.

Edit: Wait. I'm an idiot. Please stand by as I realize that I forgot to add the Pontifex subtype.
  • @Ranshi It could be but the way I thought of it was that clerics get their powers from Gods and Gods get their power from the people (devotion). But what about a being who is close to a God but not actually one? Pontifices support the Gods just like Clerics (I.e. the religious nature of both groups) but the Pontifices also have the ability to draw power from the people like a God instead of just drawing power from their faith. If you need a better/different explanation then just say.
  • Void Pontiff aka wild card for your tribal pontiff decks

• Thank you all for your entries.

@Corwinnn You can close this now.
This discussion has been closed.