COLONISERS: Season 5!!! (Colonisers of Mystik)

Comments

• edited February 2020
    In the highest peak of Sandir Syr Tibalt's Council meets.

(This is a lore card)
    (This is a lore card)
    (This is a lore card)

Syr Tibalt was annoyed, despite his best efforts the 7th crusade had so far been... underwhelming. Their discoveries had been rudimentary and repetitive, the new generator? A slight improvement. The Songbirds? Boring... All of his calculations and studying led him to one conclusion... that this would be a failed crusade... Expanding was slow, knowledge was slow, everything was slow and at this rate they would have to retreat form Mystik! He turned to his council.

"Well?" His tone was calm and demanding "Why haven't we gotten anywhere?" We've barely managed to colonize our island? We've barely gotten anywhere!" He turned to Syr Gars "Why has expansion become so slow?"

Syr Gars stood up and faced his leader "The problem is this plane", he sounded annoyed at Tibalt's accusations "You yourself told us to be wary of the dangers here, This place is almost uninhabitable!" Gars turned to the other council members You two know just as well as I do! Any time we solve on problem their is another! Wild Beasts, Natural Disasters! We were even chased off by a giant flaming hippopotamus once! It's unpredictable and uncalculatable and because of that are efforts of discovery and exploration have been slowed!"

Syr Meadra turned to Tibalt this time "Syr Gars speaks the truth... The plane seems to be actively changing and fighting against us... the soldiers and citizens are finding it harder to expand by our usual methods because of this"

Tibalt turned away from the council again and silently starred out the window over looking Sandir, the city was his greatest creation to date, it's ability to traverse the blind eternities was impressive but his favorite part was that each district, neighborhood, and street had been meticulously planned and calculated for the optimal use of space, transport, and housing. Many of the naysayers on Yxe (Home plane of the Endorsan) criticized the government for it's lack of creativity and support of the arts but to Tibalt this was art. But he paused at that last line... something had felt wrong with their efforts ever since they had landed on Mystik, it all felt... done before... he thought about what Syr Gars and Maedra had said... that was the problem! He turned back to the others,

"This plane is trying to show us something! I know what we are doing wrong! We try to fight back against Mystik's randomness with our calculations and logic but that will not help us. In order to truly embrace discovery we must need to embrace the uncalculated! he turned to Gars "We must change our methods of expansion, I want you and the E.S.L to send small parties into the mists to document what they find... we must begin to embrace this place for what it rather than change the way it works to fit our needs... and maybe we will learn something new..."

Tibalt looked back out the window and over Sandir again he spotted one of the Aether refinement factories the side facing him was drab just a grey wall with nothing of interest, just a few seconds age it looked good to him, it fit into the puzzle of the city like a perfect puzzle piece, but maybe he could contact a muralists to change that...

(This is my entry)
  • edited February 2020
    When in doubt, the Knights simply set flame to whatever bothers them. Under the orders of Flair, they seek to smite any and everything that is an inconvenience, no matter how trivial. To us, this is overkill—I mean, do you set fire to mosquitoes, or simply smack them?—but to them, it is normal and necessary to maintain order and power.

(Submission.)

However, as has been mentioned, Flair's Knights aren't emotionless like he is. Soulless, yes, but they have a conscience similar to that of most sapient members of the multiverse. The razing of worlds, the burning of innocent animals, and everything in between has its burden, and yet the Knights remain blindly obedient to Flair. Without a breaking point in sight, there is likely no end.

Now, some of the ranks are haunted by hallucinations of the realization of their regrets. Some of them suspect it is the plane itself manifesting strong emotion into physical existence. Flair dismisses this, and his anger grows and turns on some of his own—a rare, though not unheard of, occurrence.

• @SammySammyson got to tell you, one of the highlights of my week is seeing in what way Flair will just set the problem on fire this time.
  • edited February 2020
    @IzItTru I know, right?

When in doubt, the Knights simply set flame to whatever bothers them.- @SammySammyson, 2020

• edited February 2020
  • ...I entered?
  • edited February 2020
    @IzItTru Haha, thanks. *ahem* Sammy don't give any spoilers. Sammy don't give any spoilers. *ahem*

@AxNoodle Yep, they're Mardu. If you look at my initial post, it covers that they are primarily red, but dip into white and black on occasion. One of the submission cards is Boros colors and another is mono black.
  • @ThatOneCat

Ah, sorry! Accounting error. HeroKP Clone No. 98763 is to be fired on the spot.
  • You’re good.
  • "Kendel?"
    Ezorael approaches the northern border to see a battle raging. The elf turns around.
    "Nothing to worry, Ezorael. The dragons will make sure nothing gets through. Our scouts warned us ahead of time."
    "So what attacked this time?"
    "A pack of mutants. Our druids couldn't make contact with them before they turned hostile."
    Soon, the fighting ceases. Ezorael and Kendel hear footsteps behind them.
    "Sorry if I'm interrupting, sirs, but something is approaching."

imageimage
  • will be posting soon, unfortnately I havent found the most fitting art for what I wanted
  • Working on that.
  • //I still want review of my card; I feel like it might could use some edits, but anyhow...

All of the Banned are casters of some sort who were kicked out of their original homes for practicing magic that may have been off limits or searching for information that the rest of society deemed too dangerous to have. Any one of them could deal with most threats to themselves. The general public is the army is the police force. As such, all responses are either experimental or efficient and professional.

https://mtgcardsmith.com/view/informed-response
  • Also, I did deviate from journal entries for this because it isn't story related- just lore based. I expected to have grown a bit farther out than this, so I will guess that this takes place quite early in the actual story...
  • When it comes to matters of health the acrean health system prouds itself in it's organisation and the prioritasiation of the betterment of the empire's health over anything.
    And doctor Lean Wood is famous for his caring personality and ambitious goals, and is the face of medicine in the city of Dalaran.

And when it comes to more personal matters, or matters of lifesearching, the acrean education system is renouned for it's success in educating and helping students find their ambitions and place in society; many people frequent this insitutions to learn as a past time or to find solutions to problems they come to face in their lives, or just to read new books and hear new stories.
  • edited February 2020
    okay okay okay okay okay okay okay

After a gruelling judging period, we have done it. With tears in our eyes, we have selected the next least beast competitor. I'm sorry, @Aggroman15, but second death is knocking at your door. Your pirates and their ghastly shanties gave us many a smile, but in the storms and tempests, the other, more serious factions proved just a little more competitive. Thank you very much for entering, but it is finally time to pack up all of that calcium and HEAD HOME!

• The rest of you, you may notice something on the map. As you slide closer and closer to the north of the map, things are getting a little crowded. Indeed, TERRITORY!

For next tuesday, you have to make us a card that shows you getting territory, be it unconventional exploration or conquest. You have to grow SOMEwhere, so where would that be? Two things become possible.

1. Firstly, CIRCUMNAVIGATION! You can go around Mystic now, both from south to north and vice versa, but the west and east as well!

2. Secondly, and most importantly, you can now DECLARE WAR! For newer players, this works exactly as you think it does, but a detailed guide to war with examples from previous season will go up soon.

Go FORTH!
  • hmm I wonder where the floating city might be in the map haha
  • this is not the entry since I entered it before, but terramorph https://mtgcardsmith.com/view/terramorph-2?list=set&set=49345 is part of how the empire gains territory, by making the land adere to their will and changing it to better suit their needs
    you dont wanna fight an enemy that can make the ground you stand on attack you lmao
    least not unprepared
  • also I gess cause of the way that the acrean empire takes territory it's likelly to go to war with the eldraken empire now that they are sharing a landmass haha
    what do you say @Stryk3r ? red/green vs red/green/white?
  • Well, that's unfortunate. I suppose it's time for one last log.

Skuleayr's Log #4

Evening Thursday

Well, as much as I hate to say it, we seem to have overstayed our welcome. Natural disasters and enormous beasts have plagued our cities for far too long, and reinforced bones can only do so much against a creature the size of a building. Marraro has begged me not to give the call, he says that he can find out a way to protect the people, but by the time he figures out a sufficient way, we may not have much of an empire left to protect. And so we say farewell to these strange seas, and return home. And to anyone else out there in this strange, dangerous world, may your ships stay sturdy, and the waters you sail be calm.

End Log

And with that, the crossbones fleet is off back home! Good luck to all the rest of you!
  • edited February 2020

Starr Ekisha to his Zealots...
    "There are so many ways to be brave in this world. Sometimes bravery involves laying down your life for something bigger than yourself, or for someone else. Sometimes it involves giving up everything you have ever known, or everyone you have ever loved, for the sake of something greater.

But sometimes it doesn't.

Sometimes it is nothing more than gritting your teeth through pain, and the work of every day, the slow walk toward a better life.

That is the sort of bravery we must have now."

• @Aggroman15

Amen. Thanks for being on the show. :)
  • Rules of warfare?
    Just curious. I want all my options; there are so many...

As the name implies, we will be exploring the northern part of Mystik. Finishing off the island we have not fully explored then moving both east and west from that island. We have also spotted a tiny island just north the tip of our current island that we believe may be worthwhile to explore.
  • You can’t adventure without somewhere to go back to — you need a home base. And the realm has had a booming industry for foldable bases, made to be transported to new colonies. It generates supplies and sends radar to allow further travel. The King has mandated they be littered around the whole realm.

• @DrakeGladis @Xero0 @Stryk3r It is here!

DISCLAIMER:
    The people showcased during the following message were roleplaying. In normal conversation they are all very nice people who would never commit mass genocide if real lives were at stake.

WITHOUT FURTHER ADO:

A GUIDE TO COLONISERS WARFARE!

Our story begins back in Season 1 of Colonisers, where lots of things happened. What I did was, shortly, I pretended the players were figurines, and I smacked them together. I lined people up and forced them to compete with each other directly.

This is by far not how warfare works nowadays, and I am now going to stop talking about it.

The real fun started in Season 2, on Edgerim (which, by the way, is the most viewed and commented season thus far), where people knew what to expect from the series, and so started to bring their own roleplay to the table. And roleplay almost always leads to rivalry.

These tensions quickly escalated when actual cards started being made.

This banter quickly escalated to an arms race, where some players started to exchange more and more cards with aggressive intent.

These cards began transforming into direct attacks more and more quickly.

Eventually, one side committed fully to war.

Now, I sat there, kicking back, enjoying the show, but I didn't do anything really to show active warfare. The only standard way to acquire territory from another nation at this point was to absorb them as they get eliminated, which is what eventually brought us from this (Yes, I know, we have come a long way in terms of production value):

To this:

Warfare didn't really become a standardized activity until Season 3. Now the Colonising of Krystel brought lots of changes to the trends of how people roleplay their parts, which I will talk about in detail in the sappy memoirs about the history of COLONISERS that I will eventually write, but it also made warfare more dynamic. EXAMPLE:

The Empire of Cyni had just acquired some islands, when suddenly, it found itself under attack.

You see, the Empire of Striders had sent a "peaceful missionary cohort" and the people just so happened to "switch sides". This started a bloody trench war between the two sides.

Eventually, the Empire of Cyni evacuated their people and sent a bunch of titans to take care of the Striders.

The Empire of Cyni had plans to reconquer the islands, but this did not happen as they were unfortunately eliminated a few challenges after. This is what a war nowadays would look like.

Finally, before we go, an example from Season 4 to show that wars DON'T HAVE TO BE FIGHTS TO THE DEATH, even though that's the usual outcome. Here's what the map looked like:

But then, in an arc you must definitely read if you want to learn how to win through the power of LORE POINTS, the Stargazers made their move.

The astrals immediately reciprocated with a cloaking maneuver.

However, after that burning exchange, @Lujikul and @ThatOneCat sat down and privately discussed the matter, and then agreed to forgive each other be allies for the rest of the game.

• edited February 2020
    "You see, the Empire of Striders had sent a "peaceful missionary cohort" and the people just so happened to "switch sides". This started a bloody trench war between the two sides."

Are you sure? I don't think pacifist elks start trench wars.

(nice guide by the way)
  • edited February 2020
    @AxNoodle

Thank you, and no, the Elks started no war. They peacefully took over some of an opponent's land. It's not their fault if the opponent retaliates.
This discussion has been closed.