Post your cards here. Actually see what others think.

Comments

• @KorandAngels Right fine, lemme build something then.
  • And I'm gonna post after Kor, I have some things that need fine tuning.
  • edited February 2020
    So here's a hodge-podge Dragon commander instead, whatever it is then.

• edited February 2020
    @Fallen_Lord_Vulganos I don't know if Jund has more dragons than any other combination of colours that include red, but that card looks pretty cool. The Different names Clause basically cements it even further into Commander, and it seems very flavourful in the first ability. Faved.
    Next up:
    And
  • edited February 2020
    So, @KorandAngels , I think that Hurried Bureaucrat doesn't need haste if it has defender, and the ability seems more blue, as I am guessing that it would be mainly used for time counters. Scavenging Djinn is a bit more complex, as my thoughts on it is that it is useless. Untap, upkeep, draw step. You reveal it, then put it in your hand. You can then discard two to get another card. Rather red, but unless you are running madness (which is mainly in black-red, and secondary in blue, so slightly out of color pie) or hellbent, it isn't that great. Also, it is a really weak body. Make it a 2/3 maybe?

Ok. Thoughts?
    https://mtgcardsmith.com/view/recreation-1
  • edited February 2020
    @KorandAngels Heyy thanks mate!

(Also for anyone else just ignore this message and go on with the commentary thing.)
  • @DrakeGladis, I think I would word it as "Destroy target non legendary creature you don't control. Target token creature you control becomes a copy of it."

Thoughts?
    https://mtgcardsmith.com/view/sporoloth-mastermind
  • @Temurzoa Very interesting concept here. I don't know how viable this could be, but I like this very, very much. I feel like it having shroud though makes it kind of unfair though.

Up next: Give it a fave and/or comment, then post up to two cards of your own.
    imageimage
  • edited February 2020
    @Revan - The King in Yellow: The card's text doesn't look good and is a bit hard to read because the abilities and reminder text aren't separated by empty lines. I also think that the first act goes into a never ending loop, since it is an ability that allows players to draw cards. The text could also need some adjusting so it's in proper MTG language. Something like this might work:

(As this Saga enters and after your draw step, add a lore counter. Sacrifice after III.)

Player's have no maximum hand sizes.

I: Until your next turn, if a player would draw a card, they draw two cards instead.

II: Starting with you, each player puts the top X cards of their library into their graveyard, where X is the number of cards in their hand.

III: Exile all graveyards. Transform The King in Yellow.

- - - - -

Hastur, the Unspeakable One: I don't like the idea that this can return ANY exiled cards back to the game, even if they just go to graveyard. The Eldrazi returned only your opponents' exiled cards to the graveyard in Battle for Zendikar & Oath of the Gatewatch. Methinks the abilities should be put this way so they're in proper MTG language and that they work properly:

Hastur, the Unspeakable One's power and toughness are equal to the number of cards exiled with it.

Hastur can't attack. You may put four cards exiled with it into their owners' graveyards to ignore this effect until end of turn.

- - - - -

Here is mine. Comment on the card and/or favorite it if you like it before posting your card(s). Would like to know your thoughts about the first mechanic:

Beckon _____ (When this creature enters the battlefield, return target 'card type' card with lesser converted mana cost from your graveyard to your hand.)
  • @TenebrisNemo Thanks for that feedback.
  • @Tenebris_Nemo, nice Phoenix tribal card. If I want to get picky, I don't think Beckon needs to be keyworded. I guess one could make an argument with Soulshift, but Kamigawa had a lot of mistake mechanics, and ultimately I don't know. Understandable if it was for a contest or similar.

Thoughts?
    https://mtgcardsmith.com/view/wizzig-flectra-chrono-sage

• edited February 2020
    @Temurzoa
    I left a comment on the card page.

Next Up:
    image image

Comment on the Angel or the Demon and/or give one a favorite, then post up to two cards of your own!

• @Faiths_Guide I don't really like the concept of a control angel.
    Next up:
    image image
    (One card)
  • edited February 2020
    @KorandAngels
    I like the idea of this, but it is probably too overpowered.

Up next: Give it a fave and/or comment, then post up to two cards of your own.
  • edited February 2020
    @Fantastickill7 Solid card, not much to say. Looks straight out of the game! Maybe its ability could hit power a bit more to symbolize the "mist," but otherwise fantastic!

How's this one? I was originally going to have it as 5 toughness but that seemed a little too powerful.
  • @Mrbobblehead
    The "mist veiled" is kinda referring to how he just sits there killing little creature that can do nothing to stop it.
  • @mrbobblehead Although this seems very red, it might have been done in black if you changed devotion from red to black, and dealing damage to losing life.
    Next:
    imageimage
  • @KorandAngels this card is way to slow to work. Unless you have an untap effect, then you would probably have to wait until turn 17 at the earliest for it to transform. And then what? It's just a worse version of Lost Vale which is a lot harder to get to.

Next up: leave a favorite and/or a comment on this card, then post up to two of your own!
    Bane of Civilization
    P.S. I got the reminder text wrong on the nonbasic landwalk. it should say "Defending player" instead of "Opponent". My bad.
  • edited February 2020
    @ous94501an unblockable 3/3 that also destroys a land feels a little too strong as a combination. Trample and Double Strike in-particular could make that card a bit much. I'd probably leave the unblockable, but change the combat damage to when it dies.

Next Up: leave a favorite and/or a comment on this card, then post up to two of your own!
    https://mtgcardsmith.com/view/complete/full/2020/2/21/1582322920179704.png
  • @ouser94501 I think it would be a fair card without the landwalk.
  • edited February 2020
    @KorandAngels I said something along this line to you in your card's comment section.

I think it should be three counters on the front and probably cost 3 or 4. Even so it would not see much play.

It's a really really cool card.
  • I have a card here where I think I did a really good job on it but not a lot of people looked. Maybe it has too much text; maybe it just got buried behind my other cards.

You can make a comment on the page by clicking the card.
  • @Scott_Anderson Fateseal was described as a broken mechanic, but your card pulls it's effect of very flavourfully. Favourited.
    Next up:
    And/or
  • I have a question that doesn’t have a card to go with it.

If there was an aura that said “enchanted land is a Swamp” in the current color pie, would that card necessarily be blue? Could it be black?
  • Absolutely! Contaminated ground, evil presence, and tainted well are prime examples of this. enchantments that turn a land into a different land type usually are the colors of the land type in question.
  • Can I have some feedbacks?
  • @KorandAngels I did take a look and I posted the feedback on Ukhal on the card. And favorited it!
  • Oh sorry. What cards are next?
  • I have a design hypothetical to ask and I don’t see a thread where we talk about hypotheticals. But I also don’t think my question warrants a whole thread of its own. Is there a place for such questions?
  • I don't think so.
    @ouser94501 Do you want to post cards, since it seems your next?