The Expanse; or What Happens when you Planes-walk to the Wrong Places (RPG)

Comments

• Disappears till noon
  • Rhogar stepped into the bar. There was quite a weird mishmash of creatures there- a wolf mutant thing, a giant elephant dude, and more. But then again, he was quite a strange creature himself, being a dragonborn mutant. Rhoagar seemed to fit right in.
  • That seems like the beggining of a joke... He thought. A wolf, a dragonborn, and an elephant walk into a bar...
  • "Huh, another Simic experiment."(Also, yes, that is a joke...)
  • Rhogar didn't bother ordering a drink. He'd learned his lesson multiple times. His large claws would crush the glass, and if they didn't, he probably still wouldn't be able to pick it up.

He suddenly flinched at the sound of a voice. It had come from the wolf hybrid. He looked in that direction and realized it was talking about him.
  • Bayul notices the dragonborn and the Wolfman, and starts watching interestedly.
  • (Keen hearing.)
    *goes back to drinking*
  • It has been sometime since Damascus was last in this sector of Ravnica. Not fully sure of why he chose to come back in the first place, he doesn't have any current contracts in the area. But, something draws him to the old tavern. 

Damascus quietly (stealthily) enters the tavern. Being one who doesn't need sustenance, but understanding social norms, he orders a simple whiskey. While waiting on his pour, he gives a quick scan of the room to check for any abnormalities. 
  • Darien has entered the bar
  • edited March 2020
    @EnvyReaper ;
    You are Darien I presume?  And what about Biren?  Care to describe this Darien?

• @DrakeGladis @WarriorCatInAhat

Oops! I meant Biren! I accidentally slipped and mentioned the wrong NPC.

@spookoops @DrakeGladis @WarriorCatInAhat @KorandAngels @IzItTru

I am back on, sorry I have been gone for so long, we are in the process of moving and I had to continuously clean the house.

Biren eyes the strange figures and also presumes that they are of Simic creation.

"This is perfect." He thought to himself

He walks up to you and requests that you all come with him to a table, he also walks up to Zanazos and Bayul and bids them to come to the table as well.
  • Othello puts his things back in his bag and follows.
  • edited March 2020
    Rhoagr seems skeptic, and growls at the strange man, but reluctanly follows, as the wolf man, the elephant, and some others are doing the same.
  • "Certainly I will come.  Would you care to introduce yourself?"
  • Damascus knows not who this man is, nor why he beckons. Handing his whiskey off to a random patron he steels his resolve and follows the group to the table.
  • (still moving?
  • @DrakeGladis @spookoops @WarriorCatInAhat @IzItTru @KorandAngels

Alright, so news...

I have to do online classes, we have to constantly clean the house for buyers, our town might be quarantined because of COVID-19 if we get more cases of it, I will get the story bit in here soon.
  • @EnvyReaper no rush! That stuff sounds pretty important so take your time. 
  • We are home for Covid too.  For three weeks.  What am I going to do?  Also, it was forbidden for assignments to be given.

• I'm also home. School was cancled indefinently for me until this whole thing clears.
  • I live in Japan, we are going about our lives normally. Sorry, to hear y'all are stuck.
  • edited March 2020
    @spookoops @DrakeGladis @WarriorCatInAhat @KorandAngels @IzItTru

I presume that you all do not have duties to attend for your guilds at this time?

The group nods, and follows him to the table, when they all get there, he asks each of them who they are and who they are associated with.

"My name is Bayul, and I associate with the Gruul Clans."

"My name is Othello Zanazos, and I associate with the Orzhov Syndicate."

"My name is Rhogar, I am guildless, but have some ties to the Simic Combine and the Izzet League."

"My name is Damascus Stone, and I associate with no one."

"My name is Talore Esulin, but you can call me Tal, I too am guildless, but I have ties with the Simic, Dimir, and the Azorius Senate."

..."You are familiar with the Azorius? Can you still read law runes?"

"Yes, do you need me to translate something"

"I do, but first, let me introduce myself, my name is Biren Torendal, I am a planeswalker, my family died when Nicol Bolas invaded a few decades ago, recently, I have succeeded in experimenting on my spark and, while I thought that I have successfully gained the ability to planeswalk to the layer between life and death in Ravnica in order to retrieve my family, it appears to me that I have found something much more strange and horrifying, because when I got there, I appeared to be in some stone maze with what appeared to be Azorius law runes on the walls, one big cube which was covered with them had huge gashes all over them, while I was inspecting it, a sensation appeared out of the corner of my eye, constantly dodging my gaze, I couldn't make it out, but whenever it was in my vision it felt like my s̴̤̹̼͌͠͝ä̴̺̭n̶̪̼͐̌͒ī̷̫̯̠̿́̌t̵̥̩̘͎̊̈́y̷͙͆̐͗͝ ̸̲͔̏͠w̵̻̟͎͌̎͒a̴̬̜͂̿̉s̷͍̗̠̓̑͝͠ ̶̢̯͉͇͊̆͠s̸̖̤̰̄͐̆l̶̖̈́ḭ̶͇̙͒̋ṕ̴̘͔͙͈̾̉p̴̦̲̠͈͒̀̽͆ḯ̸̜͉̯͎̿̈́͂n̶̢̟͎͌̾g̷̺͈̎͒̈, eventually I felt so threatened for my safety that I had to get out of there"

Biren hands Talore the drawings...

-An hour passes-

While the group watched Talore translate the runes, a growing sense of unease begins to envelop the occupants of the table, finally, when Talore is finished translating what he could, his face paints a clear picture of horror.

"Tal, please, tell us what it is." - Biren

"You Azorius are not so easily faltered, what is the matter of this that is creating such horror in you?" - Othello

Talore gulps down his drink and SLAMS down the translation onto the table, the group looks at them and begins sweating bullets...

"They were runes dictating the rules of reality, they were specifically also mentioning trapping some... thing, inside the big cube, them being gashed through implies that something terrible is happening." - Talore

------------------------------------------------

After Report:

The group automatically passes any sanity and frightened checks, Talore takes one level of exhaustion from the encounter until Biren treats his mental wounds with a good old fashioned feast for the group.
  • I got back, my schooling might end up becoming suspended indefinitely, so I might have more time for this.
  • @EnvyReaper
    How is Biren not completely intimidated  by a dragonborn mutant and a giant elephant man?
  • @WarriorCatInAhat because those things are considered normal on Ravnica. It’s a city where elephant people and mutants just walk the streets normally do everyone knows they exist and aren’t intimidated by them.
  • @IzItTru
    Guess you're right.
  • ((Is there something we need to respond to?
This discussion has been closed.