I Guess This Is Kinda a Ripoff, But Who Cares?

Ok, well you know the Tavern? I guess this is kinda like that, but I may have just misinterperlated @Tomigon's suggestion, but this is the idea I committed to. Everyone gone? Good! Ok this is how this will work:
-You create a custom mechanic or nominate someone else's. (Remember to @ them.)
-I will design a card with that mechanic, or at least mechanically using it, if you catch my drift.
-That's it.
-I'll probably give faves as thanks for inspiration.

Comments

• I'd like you to use my Horde Ninjutsu:
    Horde ninjutsu - Whenever this creature attacks and isn’t blocked, you may pay [cost] and return this creature to its owner’s hand. If you do, create N ____ tokens that are tapped and attacking.
  • I'm getting such Naruto vibes from this.
  • Just created this mechanic for the cleric contest thingy, not sure if it makes any sense but whatever:

Entropic (If this card would be put into your graveyard from anywhere, you may exile it instead. If you do, return target card which shares a card type with it from your graveyard to your hand.)
  • I believe this is my newest mechanic:

Spatial strike (Whenever this creature deals combat damage to a player, exile that many cards from the top of that player's library instead.)
  • Using this as a base: https://mtgcardsmith.com/view/disparo-arma-rebel-leader
    Make a card with unique counters
  • Try this out:
    Siege Monster N (As this enters the battlefield, you may sacrifice any number of lands. This creature enters the battlefield with N +1/+1 counters on it for each land sacrificed this way.)
    It's pretty much Devour, but with lands.
  • Something I randomly came up with

Headbang X (Whenever this creature fights another creature, it get +X/+0 until end of turn).

Benefits for beating up other peoples creatures.

• @KorandAngels, this seems like a good way to show why I said "Design" instead of make. In some cases, whether because the only thing I can think of isn't something I'm all too proud of, or if I want to save it for a rainy day, I will simply design the card in text.

Ambush Master | {u}
    Creature - Human Ninja | Rare 
    Horde ninjutsu - Whenever Ambush Master attacks and isn’t blocked, you may pay {3}{u}{u} and return Ambush Master to its owner’s hand. If you do, create three 2/2 blue Ninja creature tokens that are tapped and attacking.
    1/1

I'm saving this one for a rainy day and when I find good art!
  • @Bremtreaty, I think I already made something with that.
  • @Daedalus_The_All_Father, isn't that just a better version of Injest from BFZ?
  • @Bowler218, I'm a little confused. What are you suggesting?
  • "Kagebunshin" sounds like a better name for "Horde ninjutsu"

• @WarriorCatInAhat, I'm not too fond of the name, but I do like the concept. Just a sec; I'll edit in the concept when I am done with it.
  • @Ranshi a card that uses counters that aren't on any other card
  • @WarriorCatInAhat, I hope you don't mind that I didn't use the name.

Gorging Hydra | {1}{r}{r}{g}{g}
    Creature - Hydra | Mythic Rare
    Trample
    As Gorging Hydra enters the battlefield, you may sacrifice any number of lands. It enters the battlefield with three +1/+1 counters on it for each land sacrificed this way.
    0/0

@Abu_Jafar, I'm a little confused. I believe that you were asking something that I believe already exists. Secondly, when you say fight, do you mean "Fight" or simply be engaged in combat?

@Bowler218, I was asking about mechanics, but I guess I could make something...
  • @Ranshi I mean as in "Fight". Like on Pit Fight or Hunt the Hunter
  • @Ranshi huh, I guess it's not that unique of an effect. How about this:

Alter Fate X (As you cast this card, you may pay X. If you do, change its text by replacing all instances of 'unless' with 'and')

In the context I originally created this for, the 'x' was always a payment of life 'cause it was meant to represent blood magic, but it could be any kind of cost.
  • Hows this?
    Shifting {Cost} (At the beginning of your
    upkeep you may pay {Cost} if you do this creature loses all abilitys and becomes a copy of target creature an opponent controls until youre next upkeep.)
  • can I suggest something like a white card with Prowess?
  • Things to come:

@Bremtreaty's request for a card with:
    Alter-fate {cost} (As you cast this spell, you may pay its alter-fate cost. If you do, change its text by replacing all instances of "unless" with "and".)
    This one is bound to get interesting, seeing as unless and and are something of opposites, seeing as one is both a negative and a conditional, and the other is positive and inclusion-based.

@Dizzydude's request for a card with:
    Shifting {cost} (At the beginning of your upkeep, you may pay its shifting cost. If you do, this creature loses all abilities and becomes a copy of target creature an opponent controls until your next upkeep.)

@Xero0, I'll make a card like that, but I was more meaning things with Custom mechanics. That's basically the only thing that makes this not a complete rip-off of Faith's Tavern... If it helps, you don't have to make the mechanic, nor does it need to be new, just a custom mechanic you want to see me make a card with.
  • @Ranshi I've got one for you.
    Divinity - Whenever _______, create a Treasure token.
    Created by me, I envisoned it being used mostly on Gods or Demigods, but could see it on some Elder creatures.
  • @Revan, aren't variable effects like that based in the trigger, not the result? 
  • Probably. I was trying something different.
  • Pierce (This creature can deal excess combat damage to another target creature defending player controls.)
  • I like that one!
  • @Bremtreaty, I hate to tell you this, but I tried. Everything that I could think of was just a more complicated thing that could use Entwine. That was something I was afraid of when looking at it, but after consulting with other Smiths, I'm certain of it. Sorry. It was a fun idea though. Here's a card for the troubles.

@Dizzydude's request for a card with:
    Shifting {cost} (At the beginning of your upkeep, you may pay this creature's shifting cost. If you do, this creature loses all abilities and becomes a copy of target creature an opponent controls until your next upkeep.)

@Revan, I'm not sure if you want to request something new, I mean... you don't have to have made the mechanic...

@spookoops's request for a card with:
    Piercing (This creature can deal excess combat damage to another target creature defending player controls.)
  • @Ranshi Naw, that's fine. I'll dig up a mechanic from somewhere.
  • Here are some questionable mechanics:

Destiny (When you draw this permanent, put it onto the battlefield and draw a card.)

Spellcraft X (When you cast this spell, you may pay an an additional X. If you do, search your library for an instant or sorcery spell with cmc X and cast it without paying its mana cost, then shuffle.)

Mastery X---When this creature deals X or greater damage, [EFFECTS].
This discussion has been closed.