What are the Aether Revolt Inventions going to be?

We all know the Kaladesh Inventions, but what are the Aether Revolt ones going to be? Well, that's why I'm here. I am going to list my predictions for the Aether Revolt Inventions.

Note: There will be 20 Inventions in Aether Revolt, but I'm going to list 10 because top ten lists.

1. Etched Champion

Yes, Etched Champion. It's one of my personal favorite cards, but I'm not saying it should be an Invention just because I like it. I'm saying it should be an Invention because it could clearly fit as a Kaladeshi creation. Just look at it! It's so cool!

2. Platinum Angel

Yup. Platinum Angel. Sure, it would break Limited, but we've seen that many times before in CN2, Some core sets, and of course it's origin set, Mirrodin. There are clearly Angels on Kaladesh (i.e. Angel of Invention), so Platinum Angel would make a fine choice for an Invention.

3. Arcbound Ravager

I know I'm taking a shot in the dark with this one, but Arcbound Ravager makes complete sense as an Invention. Look at the set name: Aether Revolt. Doesn't that sound a little bit chaotic? Arcbound Ravager is a chaotic card, so printing it here would make sense.

4. Mindslaver

Yet another shot in the dark, Mindslaver is next. It's broken. Stealing a turn is a powerful effect. But, once again, Aether Revolt is the set's name. Chaotic? Yes.

5. Skullclamp

It's banned in Modern for a reason! Skullclamp is a stupid card draw engine and is, well, just that. Stupid as in BROKEN. So many shots in the dark are being made...

6. Chalice of the Void

It's a hefty price to pay for you to counter any spell cast of a chosen number (excluding you, zero, one and two), ESPECIALLY if the format is Limited. Chalice would look very pretty as an Invention. You agree right? ...Right?

7. Ratchet Bomb

Ratchet Bomb, huh? Wow. Also, another chaotic card in a chaotic-named set. A very famous card in Modern, so it would look cool as an Invention.

8. Lotus Bloom

Lotus Petal is an Invention... so where's the rest of the Lotus?

9. Sword of Body and Mind and Sword of War and Peace
imageimage

I sort of cheated on this one, but the other Swords deserve a spot as Inventions. They printed the other swords (Sword of Feast and Famine, Sword of Fire and Ice, and Sword of Light and Shadow) as Inventions, so why can't the other Swords be Inventions too?

10. Caged Sun

Uhh... What? This is actually a Gauntlet of Power for yourself only, at the cost of a single generic more! How fun!

Well, those are my predictions. What are your predictions? Tell me in the comments! Let's see if we got anything right.

Comments

This discussion has been closed.