Guess Where! (Semi-Ongoing)

This contest is directly inspired by something I did in @Rednaxela's Geoguessr challenge. So while his challenge doesn't involve cards, I think you should participate in it anyway. The idea of this challenge is that one person will post a card that references part of a real-world culture (past or present), and then the next person tries to guess which culture that card is based on without looking it up, and then makes their own card. It can be any aspect of any culture: its food, its ideals, its monsters, or its quirks. BUT, you cannot make a card whithout making a reasonable guess at the card before. Also, to prevent clutter, I recommend PMing the guesser the answer.

This contest will end at some point and prizes given, but at this point when has not been determined yet. Most likely it will end sometime in the future.

Prizes:
1st place: 4 Favorites, a follow, and a trophy
2nd place: 3 favorites
3rd place: 2 favorite, the privilege to choose an honorable mention.
Honourable mentions get 1 favorite each (I'll choose in addition to whoever gets 3rd place.

So, I want you to start from this card and continue onwards on your tour of the world.

Comments

• edited February 2017
    From Wikipedia "Kelpie, or water kelpie, is the Scots name given to a shape-shifting water spirit inhabiting the lochs and pools of Scotland. It has usually been described as appearing as a horse, but is able to adopt human form. Some accounts state that the kelpie retains its hooves when appearing as a human, leading to its association with the Christian idea of Satan as alluded to by Robert Burns in his 1786 poem "Address to the Deil"."

This one isn't too hard...
  • I say greek, 'cause in ancient greece owls symbolized wisdom and knowledge. That's why this card enables you to scry :p
  • LoL @Mila!!
    GREECE!!!
    Now she gets to make a card!!!
  • @Mila @Corwinnn Nope, not greek. I will give you a couple of hints:

It is from an empire that no longer exists.
    It is from a place somewhere between Idaho and Northern Colombia.
    It is from a native culture.
  • Well, greek was kind of a joke. That's why I made no card. It should be Maya or Inka, regarding the name, but I couldn't withstand interpreting it wrong...
  • It's not Atlantis? This is awkward!
    XD
  • @Corwinnn Yeah, this is clearly going nowhere. (This was a really good idea at 1 in the morning, I should really wait until day to post contests.)

This contest is closed.
This discussion has been closed.