Trophies

I'm making this thread so that the winners of my contests, who all get custom-designed trophies to match their cardsmith personality, more recognition. Also, the old trophy thread has gone missing and I wanted to put all the trophies together in one place.

Comments

• edited February 2017
    Balgeron won this contest.
  • edited February 2017
    LyndonF won this contest.
    KrazyKobold98 won this contest.
  • edited February 2017
    Beeswax won this contest.
    Animist (The Great) won this contest and they are well on their way to winning the circuit challenge too.
  • edited February 2017
    @RohanDragoon won this weird and difficult challenge by making a really cool set and some interesting lore to go with it. (The lore came in two parts.)
    Here is the set.

(Art by flaviobolla.)

"My plane is called Satheaux, and it is a plane of unmatched diplomatic/political dominance. It is headed by two primary empires: Denasai and Kirvitch. Denasai (blue/white) is an empire of considerable extravagance, dominated by a handful of wealthy noblepersons, all vying for more power. They love their masquerades and balls, but do not mistake their fancy for weakness. Everyone of importance in Denasai plays the game, and they do so well. Denasai prides concealment, wit, and political sagacity. One slightly wrong word in Denasai, and you'll soon find yourself either poor and defamed, or dead.

Kirvitch (Red/Black) is an empire of domination. Their political game is not about concealing your actions, such as Denasai, but rather prides itself on the outward expression of such intentions. It values power, power, and more power, and any method of obtaining such power is not only permitted, but encouraged. But, this is no group of savages. The laws of Kirvitch bind this interaction into its own game, and Kirvitch is wrought with backstabbings, murders, espionage, demon-summoning, and overall frenzy, where you'll know who's coming for you, but you won't know when. Or how. Or why.

The empires themselves are surprisingly good friends (on the surface of course. We are in a political game, of course) who enjoy their own political games so much, that they seek not to disturb the others' but at the same time, both constantly seek to undermine each others' authority over the land simply for the resources there (Denasai seeks gold, silver, gems, and other valuables, while Kirvitch seeks ancient troves of past demon worshippers.

But there is one more group of people caught in the middle; the normal peasants (green). They outnumber both the Denasai nobility and Kirvitch nobility tenfold, but pacts signed by both the Denasai and Kirvitch with an unknown celestial being who instantly steals all magic powers from any peasant born anywhere on the plane. The Denasai and Kirvitch are in complete control, and the chances of them losing that control is slim..."

"I introduced a green dragon named Nurinduir. The story here is that a few years ago, whispers from the void told the leaders of Denasai and Kirvitch that the dragons sought to undermine their power, and if the games of Denasai and Kirvitch were to continue, the dragons must be defeated. So, both Denasai and Kirvitch teamed up and eliminated all dragons, except for one, whom they never could defeat. That one is Nurinduir, a dragon who imposes pacifism on all of those in his presence. Both Denasai and Kirvitch in their vies for power have exploited the land, destroying much of the beautiful nature that existed on he plane. Nurinduir, and some of his remaining nature allies seek to keep these remaining lands safe from Kirvitch and Denasai.

Additionally, I should mention that the being from the void has an extensive influence on the plane; so much that any whispers are instantly acted upon by Denasai and Kirvitch in order to keep their positions. But, there are some among Kirvitch and Denasai who are beginning to see the problem. So, two of these individuals, one from Kirvitch and one from Denasai, seek out a myth; a shaman by the name of Feren Iadekus, known as either the Eternity Sage or the Eternity Seer. It is said he is so powerful that neither Denasai nor Kirvitch will go even remotely close to him. But he is perhaps the most knowledgeable on Satheaux regarding this "being of the void"

And so, the story line of this set is not a continuation of this status quo. In fact, it is the alignment of one from Denasai, one from Kirvitch, and one from the wilds, to overthrow the tyranny of a being they can neither see nor fight, but whom they hope to draw out through extensive conflict. Those inflicted by the magic restrictions of this being quickly rally behind this cause, as do the remaining protectors of the wild, but when the time comes, will Kirvitch and Denasai be able to throw down old allegiances to this being, or will they stand against the rest of the plane? Can Denasai and Kirvitch look past their political games, and fight against tyranny, or will they stay pawns of this corrupting being?"
  • OMG! What happened to the -TROPHY- Account!?
    http://mtgcardsmith.com/user/-TROPHY-
    Oh... Whew! I got nervous for a moment!
    XD
  • @Corwinnn, I never got the password for the trophy account.
  • That's strange, did you look under the welcome mat?
    XD
This discussion has been closed.