Masterpeice Challenge - FINAL ROUND!

Welcome to the FINAL ROUND of the Masterpeice Challenge. (Note: you CANNOT JOIN. Only these stated participants may join:Participants for FINAL ROUND:
Participants: (15)
@Gryphon1114 @DarthPon3 @theimmortaldeath @ShadowKnight1224 @LyndonF @kltmtg29 @Rednaxela @DomriKade @unicornsareevil13579

Prizes:
1 (First Place): Aether Revolt Booster Pack (x1) + 1 x Foil (Prerelease Promo) Yahenni's Expertise + 10 Favourites + Follow
2 (Second Place): Aether Revolt Booster Pack (x1) + 10 Favorites + Follow
3 (Third Place): 10 Favourites +Follow
All other participants get 5 favourites and a follow.

At the competitions conclusion, a trophy will be made for each participant.

-----------------------
This rounds challenge:

CREATE THREE MASTERPEICES AND PROVIDE A STORY FOR THEM. BONUS POINTS IF THE STORY IS WITHIN THE MTG UNIVERSE.

-----------------------
> Judging will be much harder this time.

Current rules:

- The artifact must be worded properly.
- If find-out-able please provide any and all artists.
- Proper templating.
- Rarity must be mythic.
- The card MUST be an Artifact or Artifact creature, or a Legendary Artifact. Anything as long as its an artifact really.
- Must be three and ONLY three cards submitted.
- No changing cards after the closing date.
- No copying other submissions, or making something HIGHLY resembling another submission.
- No reprint cards (Cards must be made specifically for this competition, and must be original.)
- The story given can be a filler-in of the MTG universe, E.g. Jace's adventures or something.
- No entries = Disqualification.
- No joke cards
- Use realistic artwork - as I said, pixelated hurts my eyes. Relevant artwork scores points too.

Scoring
> Total of 0-30/30 points

- 0-5 points for Artwork.
- 0-5 points for Wording.
- 0-5 points for Originality.
- 0-5 points for Flavour.
- 0-10 points for Balancing.

Good luck cardsmiths!

Comments

• @TastyCheez Do we have a time frame?
  • Ends at first day of the next month, or 01/04/2017.
  • That's April 1st for those of you who think that looks like we'll be time travelling to January 4th, 2017
  • That's right... you damn americanos!
    Why put the month first anyway its more confusing. Than again, you use yards and inches...
  • We tried Meters, but couldn't figure out how to spell it... is it meter or metre? Just too much work!
  • Looks like everyone is going to submit on the last few days/week... xD... i hope... :(
  • @TastyCheez when's fudging also sorry Ive been busy this week
  • I can't believe this is getting close to a conclusion! I think I know which is my favorite already!
  • Oh man, I can't wait to see the admissions...
  • XD bunch 'o smartasses XD
  • @TastyCheez I'm planning to submit closer to the deadline. I prefer to have everything done all at once and post when it's ready. Sorry we seem inactive!
  • I've got two so far. Looking to build lore and wait to see if I make better ones to replace them.
  • Just a reminder for everyone, theres only 3 days left. the contest is shut on that day for me, which is in Australia so ill be slightly ahead...
    I hope all the participants submit, because if you don't you won't get the attendance favourites and follow.
  • Part one, a crystal ball that sends heroes on harrowing journeys:
  • edited March 2017
    Part I

“I don’t feel cut out for thievery.”

“I’m beginning to feel there’s not much we are cut out for, Havel.”

Havel shot a dark look back at Tibor. “We were cut out for legion duty but someone threw that away.”

“Don’t look at me,” Tibor held up his hands defensively.

“You beat the daylights out of a lieutenant!” Havel growled.

“And, might I remind you, you helped. She was wrong to treat you that way.”

“I didn’t ask you to—”

Tibor waved him off. “Look, we’ve already done this a dozen times. What’s past is past. We have a job to do now so let’s get it done and get back to real life.”

The viashino glowered pointedly but held his tongue. The duo continued trudging through the dusty brick tunnel. Light from their torches flickered off long-unused sconces and empty picture frames. The symbol of the Izzet league loomed at measured intervals on plaques and etched pristinely into the brick. Every so often the passage would wind up or down a flight of stairs or branch off into a myriad of classrooms, but the pair knew their route.

A large double door of faded wood marked the end of a passageway. Havel pushed them open and a cascade of dust followed. Torchlight flooded into the room as the two former soldiers stepped inside. The room was large and round, framed by bookshelves and miscellaneous brassy instruments. The roof was a massive inverted bowl and it looked like it had once contained windows. Shadows bounced off a large, indistinct mass covered in a heavy canvas that dominated the center of the space.

“That must be it.” Tibor’s voice echoed dryly in the open room as he began lighting the meager wicks of candles on desks.

Havel nodded grimly and began fishing through his cloak. “Let’s get this over with. I’m not so keen on using this again.” The viashino produced a deep black orb that seemed to glow softly of its own accord. His claws clicked against it as he paced over to the covered object. Taking a deep breath he swept the canvas back.

Tibor couldn’t help but let out a low whistle as the device came into view. The enormous telescope-shaped device pointed skyward, shining in the candlelight. Its coppery metallic surface was dotted with various gauges and pipes that spiraled down into its base. A dented panel hung at a strange angle revealing a narrow gap below the eyepiece.

Havel made his way toward the opening, drawing the sword from his belt and muttering curses under his breath. He drew the blade across his palm, opening a deep cut. As the blood began to pour over the black sphere, it began to pulse with an unearthly yellow light. He staggered slightly, feeling lightheaded. It had to be draining more than his physical strength – it felt like it was sapping his essence. He gritted his teeth and dropped the orb into the opening.

A deep click resonated out of the machine and then the whole device seemed to spring to life as gears and levers whirred to life. Instrument panels flickered to life and the room seemed to shake, casting off the dust of disuse. The eyepiece swiveled in place and the whole machine hummed – ready for use.

Tibor shook his head, running a hand through his black hair. “I never would have believed it. A device that can see magic. The Izzet think of everything!”

Havel steadied himself against the base of the machine with a hand. “Yeah, enjoy the view ‘cause as soon as we find our mark we’re getting out of here. There’s a reason this facility was abandoned in the first place and I don’t want to mess with it long enough to find out why.”

“So, once we find out where it is, we just go get it. Then we’re done.”

“Yes, once we get it… and give it to our employer,” Havel spat out the word. “Then we’re done.”

Tibor nodded impatiently. “Yes, well, let’s get on with it.”

Havel slumped down onto the floor. The stone felt smooth and cool against his scales. “Why don’t you do this part? I’m feeling a bit used right now.”

Tibor shrugged and stepped over to the eyepiece. He pressed his face against the lens and began fiddling with the knobs on the panel in front of him. As he fine-tuned the instruments, the cylindrical telescope rotated ever so slightly. He frowned as he made the adjustments.

Havel eyed him curiously. His vision seemed a bit blurred. “Did you find it?”

Tibor considered before answering, still looking through the machine. “If I’m doing this correctly, yes. But it’s not where she thought it would be.”

“Where is it?”

Tibor stepped away from the device, pursing his lips. He slowly paced over to a cluttered side of the room. He began shifting fragmented parchments and broken chairs, tossing them out of the way. After a moment, he had cleared the floor and the wall behind it. He paused, looking around and scratching his head, clearly frustrated. He turned back to Havel and held out his arms. “I don’t understand.”

“What do you mean?”

“I followed the instructions and it should be right here.”

Havel huffed incredulously. “Here? As in, this room? She said it would probably be out in Gruul territory by now.”

“I know what she said,” Tibor said, frantically sweeping through debris again. “But if that machine is right… she may have her information wrong.”

Havel’s hands felt heavy. The ritual had taken a great toll. “What now?”

Tibor straightened up to answer. Then with bulging eyes he looked down at the blade that protruded from his gut. He opened his mouth to say something, once, twice, then crumpled to the floor.
  • edited March 2017
    Part II

Havel watched, stunned as the dark-cloaked woman stepped over the body of his human comrade. She pulled back her hood to reveal pale skin, covered with unsightly scars, and liquid black hair. Nela, their employer.

“Couldn’t wait for us to come to you?” Havel coughed bitterly.

“I’m not the patient type,” Nela cooed as she wiped the blood from her blade, pacing toward him. “I had a feeling you two would bungle things up somehow so I decided to tag along. Rest assured your scouting work made things much easier for me.”

Havel became acutely aware that his sword was too far away to reach without moving. When had that happened? He struggled to sit up straighter. “Scouting work? You told us this place would be abandoned.”

Nela stopped to consider this, then shrugged. “I also told you the basilica where the bloodstone was would be unoccupied.”

Havel barked out a laugh. “Technically, you were right if you don’t count ghosts.”

Nela’s voice floated as she stroked the blade’s edge with a finger. “I needed someone to be a foil, someone to clear the path. Two meat-headed soldiers were the perfect fit. Disavowed by the legion, nobody to check up on them. I deal in the illegal, the buried, the unknown. It’s a dangerous game but I play it well.”

“Now we’re involved.” Havel blinked to clear his vision. It felt like he was choking down bile. “Three can play that game.”

“I don’t like complications. Simple methods are the best methods. Which is why I need to kill you both.” She paused. “Well, just you now.”

Havel ignored the biting remark. “Why is that? Can’t trust a viashino with a secret?”

Nela knelt down in front of him, smiling. “You can’t trust anybody.”

“You can’t even trust humans to stay dead.”

Nela’s head whipped around at the sound of Tibor’s voice. Havel took the moment of distraction to muster his strength into a flailing kick that sent Nela sprawling. He took great joy in thinking that it was the most unprofessional she’d ever looked.

Tibor stood shakily, holding his bleeding abdomen with one hand and holding what looked like a glass globe with the other. The strange sphere looked like it contained a tiny tree. Behind him, a trapdoor stood open revealing a crawlspace beneath the floor.

The strength in Tibor’s voice didn’t reveal the extent of his injury. “This doesn’t have to end in death. We give you what you want, you give us what we want, and we all walk away from this.”

Nela cackled as she rose to her feet. “What I want? How would you know what I want? Idiots like you always want money or prestige. What I want is beyond simpletons like you. Power beyond imagination. Access to worlds beyond this one.” She extended a slender finger toward the globe. “Have you heard about the experiments they were doing here?”

Tibor involuntarily tightened his grip on the object as she continued. “Other realms. Not just other cities like here on Ravnica. Entire worlds of new life, new death.” She shuddered as she spoke the word, caught up in the thought. She relished the moment then shrugged again. “Oh well, you wouldn’t understand.”

She dashed forward, swinging the blade in a tight arc toward Tibor’s neck. He reflexively leaned out of the way and shouldered past her. He met Havel’s eyes as he tossed the glass bauble gently toward him. As it floated through the air he scooped up a broken chair leg and turned just in time to block Nela’s blade, still holding his stomach with his other hand. Splinters flew between them as Havel caught the globe.

Nela dislodged her scimitar and made another strike but Tibor met it with the chair leg. He smirked. “Not used to a fair fight?”

She growled angrily and swung again. As Tibor moved to defend, she quickly pivoted her wrist to slice in the opposite direction. Blood splattered on the floor as the blade cut deep across his chest. She smiled in triumph.

With the bloody hand from his wound, Tibor reached up with surprising speed and wrapped his arm around Nela’s neck, flipping her away from him. He brought the chair leg back and ran her through.

All was quiet for a moment. Blood dripped softly from the protruding splintered end of the chair leg and from Tibor’s injuries. Tibor breathed heavily through his nose while Nela gasped silently for breath that wouldn’t come.

Havel locked eyes with Nela and she struggled to find the right emotion to express. Anger, sadness, and confusion flashed across her face before she settled on... glee.

“Vraska sends her regards.”

Nela’s choked benediction was accompanied by the metallic whir of the blade as she hurled it right into Havel’s heart.

Or, what would have been Havel’s heart. At that moment, the orb in the machine hummed distantly, fueled by his blood. The tiny leaves of the encapsulated tree (was it really a tree?) rustled, disturbed by some unseen wind. An overwhelming pressure built inside Havel’s head and seemed to pull him into itself from behind his navel. He was, at one moment, immediately present, then, in the next, immediately elsewhere.

The knife clattered harmlessly against the base of the giant telescope. Tibor let go of Nela’s body and it dropped, lifeless to the floor. His heightened pulse pounded in his ears as he took stock of his injuries. They were bad. He had lost a lot of blood. He knew the way back but it was a long walk and he needed to get help quickly. He looked over to where Havel had been slumped just seconds before. What had just happened was beyond his understanding. Like Nela said, he thought.

Somehow he knew Havel was fine. He knew he wouldn’t be if he didn’t hurry to get help. Casting a final glance to where his friend and the strange glass globe once were, he began the trek back out of the facility.
  • @DomriKade Welp there goes my chance of winning
  • Wow, that's a lot of text. XD
  • Entries:
    imageimageimage

My new cards use a new mechanic of Markings. Cards or players can be marked by other cards usually with restriction to an area such as the battlefield, graveyard, stack etc. Something marked by a permanent is considered marked by that permenent for as long as the card it is marked by is on the battlefield unless specified otherwise. Multiple cards or players can be marked by the same card at once. At this stage Markings is a blue, white and/or black mechanic due to is controlling like ability. This is also due to the fact that the new plane only consists of white, blue and black mana.

Marked cards with blue often refers to wizards searching for the perfect spell. (E.g Marked instant costs {3} less to cast.)
    White refers to healing or stopping opponents creature. (Marked creature can't attack or block.)

Lore:
    We start our story in the new plane of Illardo. Illardo is a plane divided by three kingdoms trapped in and endless war. These three kingdoms are Kibbo, Roginor and Talf.

- Kibbo - (Blue mana)

- Roginor - (White mana)

- Talf - (Black mana)

For centuries this kingdoms have senselessly fought over The Idol of Inner Markings.
    The idol of Inner Markings
    No one within the plane knows the true origin of The Idol. But everyone within the three kingdoms knows and fears it's power. The kingdom which controls the Idol has the ability to siphon the the power of a long dead planswalker called Illaria. This gives it's controller planeswalker like abilities temporarily.

Hogin, The Marked
    Many years ago, Hogin was a beautiful maiden from the kingdom of Roginor. She was trained by her father in the art of herbal healing. During this time Roginor were the owners of The Idol. Because of her skills Hogin was sought out by the court to heal and care for injured soldiers.

One day the prince of Roginor become severally injured from an assassination attempt. He was immediately rushed to Hogin and because of her healing, he was nursed back to health. After spending so much time together the prince and Hogin fell in love despite the disapproval of courts. After a year Hogin fell pregnant. So the prince and her ran to an elderly lady within the courts to see the future or their to-be-born child. The lady told them that their child would be a daughter. She would follow a dark path and cause great destruction to Roginor. Angrily the prince attacked the fortune teller with his knife, blaming her for her evil predictions. As Hogin desperately tried to stop the prince, he turned around and stabbed her in the eye. Frightened and in shock she ran from the prince and escaped from the castle, with the knife still in her eye. Later she fled Roginor and traveled the barren plane to Talf. Upon arriving into Talf she was taken by the guards to Talf himself.

Talf, Reaper of Souls

Unlike Kibbo which is run by council, or Roginor which live under rule of their king, Talf has ultimate power and control over his kingdom. As Hogin sat kneeling before him,
    Talf did not consider her pain nor needs but rather how he might exploit her. Hogin told him her story. Talf offered her security and shelter for her in and her child in exchange for information on Roginor's weaknesses. True to their words, Hogin was given a a place in Talf palace and Talf was able to retrieve the Idol in a massive attack on the Roginorian kingdom. This gave Talf, who was already a planeswalker, the power he needed to become a major threat to the other kingdoms.

For 18 years Hogin and her daughter Misona grew up in luxury. However it wasn't enough for Hogin. Anger grew inside her. She longed for revenge on the man who had marked her. So she, with the help of Talf trained her daughter.

Misona, Lethal Headhunter

Misona shared her mothers hate for her father, and for the entire Rogonorian kingdom. After she had mastered many techniques in killing and torture she began to kill many royals on the Roginorian and Kibbotin kingdoms. Sometimes for money, other time for practice. She always killed her targets with the knife her mother was stabbed with. It symbolized her hatred towards her father and reminded her who her real target was.

Misona's Blade

On night Misona lead a hit on the Rogarian kingdom and captured her father. Without hesitation she killed him and carried his head, as a trophy, back to Talf. She brought his head back to her mother who then performed an ancient dark ritual. After cutting off her own hand, she trapped the old kings heart in a vial so that he could not escape to the afterlife.

Vial of Tortured Souls

This particular ritual caught the attention of Sorin Markov who was an old friend of Illaria. (If i continue this plane we will see an encounter between Sorin, Hogin and Talf as well as development into the kibbo kingdom and their leader.)
  • Forgot to mention that black marking is often used to represent graveyard stuff or revenge. As show by my cards.
  • Looking amazing so far guys.
  • Contest ends in 4 hours.
  • edited March 2017
    Thank goodness I'm not late. (pants) I'm not sure what I did is what was requested, but oh well. If no one enters, I'll at least get 3rd place(lol)
    Here's the story of Tezzeret and how his spark ignitied.
    As a young child, Tezzeret had been dreaming as a mage, in order to seize the power and have nothing taken away from him. He started out low -- salvaging metals from cesspools with his father. During this time, his father was not only lazy, but also punished him for stealing etherium. In the end, he fled his father and left his hometown.
    After being an apprentice for less than a normal period of time, he fled and found
    through the city. Only with these etherium were he able to join the Mechanists' Guild and receive proper education. Excelling and outshining his classmates, again, he completed his tution early and performed to ritual as completion:
    Along with his achievements, he rose in ranks, joining the Academy of the Seekers. This wasn't enough for Tezzeret though, for he wanted to be on the top. Unfortunately, during a duel with Silas Renn to prove his strength, he lost. Trying to argue that his quality was sufficient to join the Seekers of Carmot, the headmaster expelled him instead, because (surprise) due to his low birth status. In rage, he murdered the headmaster and continued training.
    Years pass and no one has suspected him of murder. Right after Silas Renn returned with an etherium heart, Tezzeret had it enough. Breaking into the Codex Etherium, he searched for:
    which claimed to have essential clues to make more etherium. The Codex proved to be a fake, but this wasn't the only bad news to Tezzeret -- his trepass was found and ought to be punished. And when he was just about to be beaten -- he planeswalked to Grixis instead.
    And this is how Tezzeret's planeswalker spark ignited.

P.S. Good luck to all other contestants! :D
  • Alright the submissions are shut. No changing thwm either now. Judging willb be posteposted in a few days.
  • Judging Results

@Gryphon1114 @DarthPon3 @theimmortaldeath @ShadowKnight1224 @LyndonF @kltmtg29 @Rednaxela @DomriKade @unicornsareevil13579

Participants that entered:
    @LyndonF
    @DomriKade
    @kltmtg29
    @unicornsareevil13579

------------------------------------------------

This rounds challenge:

CREATE THREE MASTERPEICES AND PROVIDE A STORY FOR THEM. BONUS POINTS IF THE STORY IS WITHIN THE MTG UNIVERSE.

Rules criteria:

- The artifact must be worded properly.
    - If find-out-able please provide any and all artists.
    - Proper templating.
    - Rarity must be mythic.
    - The card MUST be an Artifact or Artifact creature, or a Legendary Artifact. Anything as long as its an artifact really.
    - Must be three and ONLY three cards submitted.
    - No changing cards after the closing date.
    - No copying other submissions, or making something HIGHLY resembling another submission.
    - No reprint cards (Cards must be made specifically for this competition, and must be original.)
    - The story given can be a filler-in of the MTG universe, E.g. Jace's adventures or something.
    - No entries = Disqualification.
    - No joke cards
    - Use realistic artwork - as I said, pixelated hurts my eyes. Relevant artwork scores points too.

---------------------------------------

Scoring rubric:

Scoring
    > Total of 0-30/30 points

- 0-5 points for Artwork.
    - 0-5 points for Wording.
    - 0-5 points for Originality.
    - 0-5 points for Flavour.
    - 0-10 points for Balancing.

Each card will be judged separately and within its inclusion (reference) of the story, then each contestant will have their cards averaged to provide a final score (Out of 30)

---------------------------------------

Entered Contestant #1 (@kltmtg29)

Submission #1

Manteia, Fate's Instrument

Im a little let down, kltmtg29. You had promising talent in the previous rounds, but only submitted one masterpeice with no story in the final round.

The masterpeice is balanced, but I consider it not strong enough to be a high-tier staple or artifact. For a CMC 4 colourless artifact I would suggest making it stronger and have a more unique effect rather then just adding +1/+1 or -1/-1 counters, and a greater impact on the creature should be in effect.

Score:
    Artwork : 3/5

Wording: 5/5

Originality: 1/5

Flavour: 0/5

Balancing: 8/10

Score of 11/30.

No other submissions. (You got 0 for both other masterpeices because they were nonexistent, so the total score is the average of 0, 0 and 11)

Total score of 3.7/30

----------------------------------------

Next contestant: DomriKade

Submission #1: "Leyline Oculary"

'Leyline Oculary' is a strong but balanced card which deserves the recognition it recieved.
    It looks cool, too =). But in all seriousness the flavour is strong too while also having strong blue traits which contributes to the traditional izzet-based storyline from which the card is based.

Score:

Artwork: 4/5

Wording: 3/5

Originality: 4/5

Flavour: 5/5

Balance: 8/10

'Leyline Oculary' scored 24/30.

Submission #2: "Bloodstone Battery"

I consider this card a work of art, it strongly represents the mana-rock category of masterpeices. Its extremely balanced at how you only get as much as you put in - But its you who suffers.

Considering that you could turn 1 drop a land that gives you a life, turn two drop Bloodstone Battery paying 10 life and turn three tap it to hit yourself for 10 and give yourself 10 mana to drop a big eldrazi or something, this is still very balanced but could be extremely powerful. Im suprised I was the only one to favorite it.

Score:

Artwork: 4/5

Wording: 4/5

Originality: 5/5

Flavour 3/5

Balance 10/10

= 26/30

Submission #3: "Realm Decanter"

Hm, I like it. Though I think it would be balanced more as a 2 drop (or if you gave it another ability, a 4-drop) that has some good qualities of flavour in reference to the story.
    I think its strongly original but does resemble a landfall mechanic .

Again, i love the flavour. Excellent wording and templating on the card.

Artwork 5/5

Wording 5/5

Originality 4/5

Flavour 5/5

Balance 7/10

Total card score = 26/30

Average score of Contestant = 25.4

@Domri Kade Scored 25.4 / 30

• PART 2

----------------------------------------

Contestant @unicornsareevil

Submission #1: Misona's Blade

WooooO! This is really cool, much like a sword. I think if you could make more cards for it from the set, they would also be like swords! I also really like how it ties into the story on the new plane. Though... shouldn't it be a legendary artifact?

Artwork 5/5

Wording 3/5

Originality 4/5

Flavour 5/5

Balance 9/10

Total score of Misona's Blade = 28/30

Submission #2: Vial of Tortured Souls

Ties in extremely well with the flavour/origin story and even matches the artwork. Vial of Tortured souls also commits to the black traditional reanimate theme, but there would be a few adjustments i would make, such as making it a Legendary artifact, or an enchantment artifact. I would also change its ability by making it to retrieve the creatures from exile, which would truly make the card a masterpeice in its specific strength but without being overpowered (Otherwise its just a static killspell and retrieval of a creature everyone owns...). Maybe you could also make it instead of paying two life, the creatures re-enter when Vial leaves the field. But who am I to change the card, your the masterpeice designer!

Artwork 5/5

Wording 4/5

Originality 3/5

Flavour 4/5

Balance 7/10

Vial of tortured Souls score = 23/30

Submission #3: Idol of Inner Markings

This is an odd one. An expensive tutoring card that gives a bonus to the card tutored.
    Apart from a few minor miswordings I would claim it to be unbalanced so far as it is not strong enough. Remember, Masterpeices are masterpeices for a reason. Theres a reason why they reprinted Mox Lotus, Mana Vault etc. I often refer to my own concept of what cards are worth in the way of a game with reference to staples. (E.g. Gitaxian Probe USED to be a modern staple but was banned. But Gitaxian probe shows us that one card draw is worth two life, and that the card itself being in your hand is worth 2 life. One mana for two life. Two life for a card draw. Each mana wasted brings you down 2 life in the ways of a competitive continuity.)
    Enough blabbling though. Its quite a cool card. Perhaps if you made it fetch for >1 card it would be stronger.

Artwork 4/5

Wording 3/5

Originality 4/5

Flavour 5/5

Balance 6/10

Total score for Idol: 22/30

Participant score for unicornsareevil: 24.4 / 30

@LyndonF

Submission #1: "Etherium Cache"

I actually really like this card, in the fact that it is balanced, original and flavourful. Although there is quite alot happening on the card, perhaps the middle ability could have been left out.

Artwork 4/5

Wording 3/5

Originality 4/5

Flavour 5/5

Balance 9/10

Etherium Cache total score of 27/30

Submission #2 : Tezzeret's Etherium Arm

You should probably state you can attach the equipment to a planeswalker or artifact, otherwise its kinda implied it can't. I like the abilities and such, but i think its a bit too op. Considering you can make a Turn 4 Tezzeret, Agent of Bolas into an 8/8 creature planeswalker indestructible, i think you might need to tone down on that part. Maybe just make it an artifact that ONLY equips to planeswalkers? That would be super cool.

Artwork 3/5

Wording 3/5

Originality 5/5

Flavour 5/5

Balance 6/10

Total score: 22/30

Submission #3 : Crucius' Teachings

Wow, i really like the concept of this card and how it actually cycles back into your deck when you use it. Ofcourse, this card could be monstrously abused by I think its balanced because of its ability, and how its actually overpowered but not stupidly so. In fact, i'd like to continue this concept of the 'teachings' mechanic or whatever if you don't mind.

Artwork 5/5

Wording 3/5

Originality 4/5

Flavour 5/5

Balance 8/10

Total score for Crucius' Teachings - 25/30

Participant LyndonF's total score: 24.7/30

--------------------

WINNER LISTINGS

1-3rd Places

#1 : @DomriKade (First Place) With 25.4 out of 30 Score!
    Winnings: 1x (Foil Prerelease) Yahenni's Expertise + 1x Aether Revolt Booster Pack + 10 Favourites, Follow

#2 : @LyndonF (Second Place) With 24.7 out of 30 Score!
    Winnings: 1x Aether Revolt Booster Pack + 10 Favourites, Follow

#3 : @unicornsareevil (Third Place) With 24.4 out of 30 Score!
    Winnings: 10 Favourites, Follow

BONUS PRIZE:
    A well kept secret up until now. It goes to the player with the BEST story / Plane for their submissions.

Bonus Prize Winner: @unicornsareevil

The bonus prize was decided by me post-results and was configured to suit the story designed by the bonus prize winner.

The bonus prize is:
    Black Legendary Creatures Pack

Includes:

1x Yahenni, Undying Partisan
    1x Gonti, Lord of Luxury
    1x Tasigur, the Golden Fang

1x Aether Revolt Booster Pack

---------------------------

I hope the participants are happy with the results, it was very hard to decide the winner and judge the submissions. I know the contest didn't get much publicity and popularity and many of the participants left and didnt continue, but im happy that the remaining few stuck true to their word, if even just for the prizes C:

For all the prize winners, ill message you shortly about the shipping.

For favourites, please let me know on which cards you want favourites. (Note: Only PARTICIPATED contestants get favourites. If you didnt submit anything you dont get any favs.)

• @TastyCheez Thanks for the awesome contest and awesome prizes. Messaging you shortly. Also I'll make a card of you since this was really fun. Playstyle? Again I'll talk in messages.
This discussion has been closed.