Expertise

Your challenge is simple make one of the following cards:
Padeem's Expertise
Gonti's Expertise
Pia's Expertise
Oviya Pashiri's Expertise

They must follow the same rules as the other expertise cards. (Sram, Baral, Yahenni, Kari Zev & Rishkar.

OR
You can make a cheep (4 mana or less) white rare legendary creature for the Kaladesh set and an expertise for that legendary.

Prizes are as follows:
1st. 5 likes
2nd. 3 likes
3rd. 1 like

Here is a link to the original expertise cycle: http://gatherer.wizards.com/Pages/Search/Default.aspx?action=advanced&name=+[expertise]&set=+["Aether Revolt"]

1 entry per person.
Happy creating!

Comments

• (Judging later)
  • edited May 2017
    Edit: Oops, mastery... not expertise. (Liliana's Mastery)

Also, post a due date & a judging date!
  • What does Oops, mastery mean?
    Contest closes: 20th May. (Unless there aren't enough entries.)
    Judging: About a week after the contest closes.
  • edited May 2017
    I initially wrote Liliana's Mastery as an expertise, misplacing one for another.

Edit: I'd post those dates in the challenge itself as well.
  • how bout this card for Pia's Expertise.
    https://mtgcardsmith.com/view/pias-expertise
  • @duece08 You may want to leave a small comment under each of your cards, this way you'll get notified when you receive a comment on your card since people can hit the reply button ;) I reviewed a few things about your card if you want to take note ^^
  • edited May 2017
    @ningyounk
    You just gave us a great idea for a future feature request on MTGCardsmith. (Once they're done with their current matters!)
  • edited May 2017
    @Beydin13
    The card must have the following.
    "You may cast a card with converted mana cost N or less from your hand without paying its mana cost."

Then replacing N with a number one less than the converted mana cost of the spell.

Although, in your case it could be the following!
    "You may cast a card with converted mana cost X plus one or less from your hand without paying its mana cost."
  • @modnation675 Of course.
    Edited**
  • edited May 2017
    @Beydin13
    Make sure to type the "or less". Otherwise, it's difficult to use.

I know it looks weird. But it's the most efficient way of formatting it with the variable cost.
  • @Beydin13 - Is this still open?
  • Either that, or there wasn't enough entries and discontinued/closed the thread.
  • Maybe the design space for the challenge was a little too narrow? Creating an expertise mainly consists of choosing a staple effect and then adding "You may cast a card with converted mana cost [CMC-1] or less from your hand without paying its mana cost." There isn't a ton of design space here, and even fewer designs interesting enough for a challenge.
  • @ningyounk
    I think the issue is mostly that people don't want to make cards with the same name as other cards. But yes, that is also an issue.
  • The problem I find is finding good/relevant art.
This discussion has been closed.