Battlerealm

Comments

• edited May 2017
    I thought the coin flip idea was bad, which is why I hadn't entered. It's likely others have felt this way as well.
  • I think the contest idea is good but some of the entries seem really overpowered. If I enter, I will try and make my entries underpowered for a change. Really I think there should be a random mana surge, but if there is, both players should get a bonus, so maybe flip every round for both players with the same coin.
  • @modnation675, did you know Everyone is a person? Corwinnn is sort of inviting a specific individual.
  • @MrRansom I noticed that too, though it probably wasn't intentional.
  • @Jyagaimasu As I understood it, everyone DOES get the bonus. If you think about it, every person flips on their second turn, meaning each person flips on their second turn. And if that isn't the case, there's still a possible mana surge every second turn, and it was never specified that the mana surge favors a player.
  • The original design of mana surge was kinda dumb, but the idea was that during it yours and your opponents creatures could either become more powerful or weaker (I haven't seen anyone have a strong creature become weaker during a mana surge yet) perhaps the arena design needs some tweaking, but this was just a dumb concept and could never actually be played, it was a test to see if RNG could be added to the game, the answer is probably: "non".
  • But eitherway, thanks to everyone that's submitted so far, you can tweak your cards as many times as you want and even totally get rid of submissions you really don't like, i'll probably be closing this off on either Wednesday or Friday, depending on how many people submit a card.
  • @hivelord3 I actually love contests like this. Would it ever be played in tournament Magic? Probably not, but that doesn't matter. I really enjoyed the concepts you put forth and don't care that much about their balance because it's just for fun to me. I like the forums that challenge creativity and don't make people stick to the regular rules, because those are the most entertaining to me.
  • @Lujikul - It was specifically intentional to invite the individual @Everybody and at the same time, invite more people to join in!
  • edited May 2017
    @hivelord3 I'd love to join but I don't have the opportunity to make any cards until the weekend. Could you keep it open until then?
  • @Brainifyer No problem, although it is losing steam, so i'll probably close it on Saturday at 5:00 pm local time (I live in the UK, so I have no clue what that is for you guys!)
  • @sanjaya666
    @syntheticreign
    I didn't understand that you started the game with the lands we made, so I was under the impression that there was a one in sixty chance of getting these cards.
  • @NokiSkaur That would explain it haha. He says at the beginning that they're Arena lands. You can only have one in play at a time, and you start the game with them tapped
  • @syntheticreign
    Well, I should probably work on fixing that one. Is there anything specific that I should change about Privon or the creature?
  • @NokiSkaur I'd recommend either bumping the creature cost or lowering the damage done, because potentially 6 damage every mana surge is pretty brutal. Privon seems fine, and I like your theme of odd and even damage determined by life total. I'd just say balancing the creature just a bit via cmc, or modifying the damage it does in some way.
  • @hivelord3 The chance of me being able to make another card before Sunday is very slim. Pleeeeeease extend it until then!

Btw I live in Australia, 9 hours ahead of the U.K.
  • @Brainifyer
    australia buddies!
  • @Brainifyer Yeah I don't mind extending the date, although this forum needs a bumb because its lost a lot of its steam, yours will (probably) be the last one.
  • Should've avoided the coin flip mechanic.
  • Yes, because it's not like the Wizards have made plenty of cards with coin flip mechanics or anything and the RNG notion is actually a pretty cool idea, especially considering all of the creatures are built around it so it gives all players benefits evenly.
  • Not in actuality and most players hate coin flips, so that's invalidated.
  • They can hate coin flips, but this one so far hasn't had a drawback. Either the flip gets the mana surge, and all players' creatures benefit from it, or there's no mana surge, and neither player is punished.
  • I am currently in the Top 8, so no one else should enter this!
  • @Corwinn I won't be banned if I do, right?
  • LoL - Absolutely not! @Brainifyer
  • Welp, I think this forum is nearing the end of its life, I will be closing the contest on Friday and announcing winners on Sunday!
  • I entered so super biased toward my own, but I wish @Nokisaur would would have balanced his cards since I love the ticker thing, but as is, I would say @Brainifier had the most realistic cards. Love this idea, including the coin flip!
  • @Brainifier Really love your cards, however I did state a non-humanoid creature, however due to the transformation mechanic, i'll allow it, as it looks like some kind of curse has been placed onto the invading humans!
This discussion has been closed.