Rules Help

Whenever I come up with a card that seems like it breaks the rules of Mtg in some weird way, I am going to post the concept here, and hopefully someone will be able to tell me if the idea works.

Comments

• edited June 2017
    @strongbelieves I know you have a pretty solid handle on the rules, what do you think of this card?

Retaliatory Tactics
    4WR
    Enchantment - Aura Curse
    Mythic Rare

Whenever another player declares attackers, you may have any number of creatures you control attack enchanted player.

• The card doesn't work due to the very restrictive rules in combat phases. It also feels like a bad use of that mechanic.

I agree with the idea in terms of blocking, but not attacking as you put it.
  • @modnation675 Is there a way where I could make it possible to attack out of turn?
  • edited June 2017
    @IanLowenthal
    I could make such a mechanic for you, but it'll take a bit. Is that okay?

I might need to give it to you tomorrow as it's very technical and it's later in the evening here. But if you'd like an example of what I've been able to do, look at the following ability called solidarity. It may help with understanding how such a mechanic would work.

Solidarity (You may allow another player to have this nonattacking creature block as though he or she controlled it this combat as long as both players agree on how he or she declares blockers this combat.)

• @modnation675 Thank you for that.
  • edited June 2017
    No problem, I've just been spending the end of the evening getting art sources for the thread listed below.

ALL THE ARTWORK YOU'LL EVER NEED...... version 2.0
  • The 'cleanest' way to attack during an opponent's turn would be to give yourself the entire set of combat steps in the middle of someone else's turn. Otherwise it would be a rules nightmare.
  • I think the effect would be too strong typically, unlike solidarity having a reasonable degree of use before it becomes too strong. But this is mostly in the case that the creature has vigilance and your unnamed ability.
  • edited June 2017
    Hello fellow cardsmiths. I'm wondering if there is a way to make it so when you lose a clash, the revealed card is exiled instead of being placed on the top or bottom of its owner's library. (MTG Wiki)

The issue I'm having is that the card is placed on the top or bottom of the library before players are determined to win or not.

Clash (Each clashing player reveals the top card of his or her library, then puts that card on the top or bottom. A player wins if his or her card had a higher converted mana cost.)
This discussion has been closed.