Eventide contained an interesting set of creatures call hedge-mages . These where 2/2 creatures for three mana (2 generic and 1 of hybrid enemy colors). They have two ETB effects that only trigger if you control two lands of the right basic land type.
The point of this contest is for you to create your own hedge-mage creatures. Whether that means creating a new one for allied colors or remaking an enemy colored one you think could have been better.
- The contest will go on for two weeks, entries will be closed on Oct 27
- Their is no entry limit, make as many hedge-mages as you want
- Cards must have "hedge-mage" in their name
- Cards must resemble the official hedge-mages
I will be judging cards based on:
- Power, i want cards that are strong but not overpowered
- How hedge-magey they are, they more they fit in with the original cycle of hedge-mages the better
- Flavor, while the original hedge-mages aren't super flavorful cards themselves, your cards should be something that makes sense with the name "hedge-mage"
- 1st place will get likes on 5 of their cards of my choice and will be known as the Hedge-Archmage for all time
- 2nd place will get likes on 3 of their cards of my choice
- 3rd place will get likes on 2 of their cards of my choice
- honorable mentions will get a like on their entry to the contest