Bugs & Updates

Comments

• @mtgcardsmith Think it is possible to make it so we can create 4 ability and 5 ability planeswalkers? I already created two like this and one uses a token for its forth ability and the other is made out of two cards to get in all five abilities. I would be greatful if you could pull this off.
  • edited August 2017
    @TheGamingBolasChannel
    Keep in mind that they have to make a more comprehensive library of the color borders before that can happen.

In addition, the amount of templates needed will take a while to implement. (Eg. commander planeswalkers and/or having more than four abilities. The first having variable box width being a concern.)

The major concerns are that they have more pressing things to update prior to working on the planeswalker editor. Although, we do agree that it'll be great when the Planeswalker editor is updated to include things such as all mana symbols.

In short, we agree. But there are more important additions to that editor that need to be made for it to be more functional. (Hopefully the premium features will also allow editing the cards to be easier making the editor more popular. As is, they're harder to balance making the lack of update-ability a major issue for garnering popularity.)
  • *nods* i just wanted them to have it in their minds as when they get more important updates done
  • edited September 2017
    @TheGamingBolasChannel
    For sure, I just know it'll take some time until after they update the Planeswalker editor with some missing features from the normal editor.

That way it'll be easier to do updates between both editors.
  • We will be going down for server maintenance tonight at 9pm PST. We expect the migration to take about 8 hours, after which we will resume normal operations. Thank you for your patience!
  • edited September 2017
    The main page of mtg cardsmith sows a list of favored members, also displaying the number of favorites they have. I am on this list and it says, if have about 630 favorites. This number is growing a little after weeks of becoming smaller and smaller.
    After a fast scan of my cards, I found my favorites adding up to about 970. Is there a reason for that? I am just interested, 'cause I even thought of abandoning this page, because members seemed to have started showing me their dislike by taking their favorites off my cards...
  • @Mila
    No one take favorite off your amazing cards. Favorites that are one or more years old aren't counted in the number of the favored members.
  • @mila I used to be on the favorites too but since the purges I think? Older cards aren't counted toward that list so I was dropped off
  • @Mila @saveria201 - @Tomigon is correct the favorites are still there, but for the Favored List, anything over a year doesn't count for your total
  • Oh, I see, I am here just a little longer than a year, so I didn't know that phenomenon... Thanks for that info, I really was becoming sad.
  • @Mila - It freaked us out the first time too!
  • @mtgcardsmith
    We need to make the card type a text box instead of a drop-down. The Drop-down is too restrictive, and prevents people from making custom card types. Also, Card Color should be independent from Card Border, to allow for colored artifacts/vehicles.
  • @Triple-D
    The card type isn't a text box for the reason that it allows the site to sort cards. Otherwise, such wouldn't be feasible.
  • edited October 2017
    - Added support for card Watermarks - now in Beta for Premium users.
    (Ex: https://mtgcardsmith.com/view/swamp-rat)
    - Fixed some broken links that should return a 404.
    - New unboxing blog post! Up on https://mtgcardsmith.com/blog
    - Fixed a bug with search results being extremely limited
  • Awesome!!!
  • @mtgcardsmith are the watermarks presets like set symbols, or can we upload our own?
    If the latter, I might have to get premium after all.
  • MY BRAIN JUST EXPLODED!
  • @modnation675

-I totally understand the drop down box reason for the types, things would get too messy if that wasn't there, plus I know it'll only get expanded when more types arrive.
    -The artifact/land/colorless background colors might indeed be something to implement along the line, no? (guessing the great people doing all the work have already been planning to do this somewhere along the road xD)
  • Watermarks are presets. Like set symbols though, if you've got a killer batch of watermarks that look great on a magic card, we'd be open to taking a look and including them in the listing. Right now watermarks are being tested and the remainder of the collection is being added to.
  • @modnation675
    The text Box can and would work, sorting could just search for cards with any of the given type in the text box.
  • edited October 2017
    @Triple-D
    Is it possible? Yes. But definitely not feasible. (This is determined from personal experience in programming and database management.)
  • Thank you @Tomigon for the feedback!
  • edited November 2017
    @mtgcardsmith
    The community has gotten us interested in doing transform cards. As such, I'm curious if the following is something being considered.

We're very interested if transform templates will be something being worked on. Namely the indicator (Power/toughness) for the side on the bottom right of cards... (Although, not a quick addition!)

Edit: It would be best to only support newer templates though rather than having old ones. (Not referring to the already transformed, Temple of Aclazotz.)

imageimageimageimage
  • I would also recommend making the transforming cards be considered 1 card so it takes up less space in card capacity
  • edited November 2017
    @TheGamingBolasChannel
    The best idea would probably to make it so you can link card pages. This way even meld cards would have the same level of support. (Aka. 3+ cards in a group)
  • I've made meld, and flip cards in my sets. I've made a meld that uses 4 cards
  • edited November 2017
    @TheGamingBolasChannel
    Yeah, I'm just saying for those without premium. There are other options, but they require a lot more html work for the website developers.
  • edited November 2017
    @mtgcardsmith @Corwinnn
    Hello, has there been any progress in fixing the presumed bug demonstrated on this card... or have other things been being prioritized currently?

I understand that it is quite minor. But the dreaded "battlefield" bug is a personal concern. (The word "battlefield" should be on the prior line.)

Note: This also happens with some other words.

imageimage
  • edited November 2017
    @mtgcardsmith @Corwinnn
    Also, may we add "Land Creature" in the meantime for creature lands. (Just the combination of card types!)