Demonic Takeover!

Alright so here it is.

I love Demons and their embodiment of the Black play-style, sacrificing for power. It's just so good!
So the challenge is to create, or post an already created Demon (or Demon related card) that fits the MTG Demon method. That being they give great power, but also have a "drawback", as well as the art looking like it belongs (Sorry anime lovers and girl Demons. All Demons in magic have been represented by male like figures, and we're going to stick with that for now)

All Demons that are clever and that show creativity will get a favorite from me :D

This will run as long as I remember it's still going on XD

Here are a few that I have created during my short time on MTGCardsmith

Comments

• @TheCenterOfTheUniverse

That artwork is gorgeous! And I like the drawback for creating more Demons through his ability!
  • edited November 2017
    Here's one for the pit

• edited November 2017
    @lastjustice
    I like the flavor text and how it fits with the drawback ability that a creature better die, otherwise you'll be the one suffering
  • edited November 2017
  • @Djayhero
    I like how instead of deals damage to you you went a different route for each creature you control, and kept that same flavor type of ability consistent when against your opponents!
  • edited November 2017
    For my Fate/Grand Order set, I made a demon from the series. So, here ya go! Just be sure to have lots of sacrifices when he's out!

• edited November 2017

• @RayearthIX
    Awesome artwork and very unique ability. It's simply diabolical, and I like the fact that you put annihilator on a Demon

@zizick123
    Sweet ability that can quickly become deadly should the Demon not be dispatched quickly!

And the second one I like how his set on ability can fuel the first. Also interesting choice of color for it! Demon with green! I detect some potential green mana-ramping for Demon Tribal Commander!

Here's another demon
  • edited November 2017
    Just curious, why not female demons?

• @Gelectode

As I had said I the description Wizards of the Coast has only been creating male Demons. It seems that they create a separation as male for Demons and female for angels therefore that's why I made that little clause, trying to keep as close along the lines of the actual mtg Demons as possible
  • edited November 2017

Created this of a Demon from the New Phyrexia block that only made an appearance in a few mentions of the plane and some card flavor texts
  • @TheCenterOfTheUniverse

I definitely will! Thanks for pointing that out!

Made this one as a play off of the Desolation Twins eldrazi card.

@TenebrisNemo I like that you can make your creatures more powerful but at the drawback, and it's not entirely impossible to work around the drawback, plus the user of white for Demons is unique.

@Djayhero interesting seeing Bloodthirst on a Demon, and I like the sacrifice lands as well, w mechanic not often used.
  • edited November 2017
    On side note, there has been atleast one female demon in magic, Lady Orca.
    I did a remake of her recently. So they definitely exist and have for a long time. Her original card said Legend, but when updated it says Demon.

imageimage

There's also atleast one male angel Gabriel Angelfire. The sole creature in magic with Rampage:3. Also in Legends. (Not posting angel pictures in a demon thread..that would simply not do.)

• edited November 2017
    Haha alright you do have me there with her at least, I do recall seeing that she was awarded that label of Demon at some point, so then I will amend my statement to *current* Wizards of the Coast have been male Demons female angels XP but your point has been won @lastjustice and for that I will favorite one of your other cards as well since I'm a good sport ;) and looking up Gabriel and what rampage is.... I am thinking that a Demon should resurrect such an ability hahaha

On the note of your card remake I like the ability a lot considering I could re-tutor with my previously used tutors *evil laughter*
  • @NicolBolasFTW

I enjoy your card very much, especially with the more ruthless and less graceful ninjitsu and the flavor of the summoning a Demon to the battlefield almost as though it were his partner making his presence known during the battle
  • edited November 2017
  • edited November 2017
    Yeah Rampage was such a awesome name for an ability that was criminally unused, but it rarely got put on creatures with any other thing going so it never got made into something dangerous or the creature was so big it didn't make that it had in the case of Chromium. I agree demons probably would be good candidates for it thematicly. I think if they had creatures with menace or flanking, things that made them harder to block, then it could been far more interesting.

Glad you like the Lady orca remake, I did one for Gabriel Angelfire as well.
  • edited November 2017
    Here's another demon, again lol

@lastjustice here is my uncommon rarity take on the Rampage effect.

@corwinnn interesting Demon, I've always been a fan of blocking additional creatures

@Djayhero even though that looks like it might be female I think I'll let it slide for the fact that the artwork is awesome and I feel as though it fits the flavor of the card
  • edited November 2017
  • edited November 2017
  • @zizick123

The Dark One's art is amazing looking and I like what you've done combining Demons and vampires, it'd be an interesting card to learn the lore to.

Jubilex is definitely an interesting take on some combining it with ooze haha, definitely a creative and unique card!!
  • edited November 2017

This an homage to the main villain of Final Fantasy V. I did versions of the 5 heroes, so I thought it would be a fitting character make a demon after. (which included rampage since we had that on the brain.)
  • @lastjustice I've never played final fantasy before, but seems like an interesting card, pretty hefty drawback for potentially mana ramping your opponents, but drawbacks are what Demons are all about
This discussion has been closed.