Phobia MTG 20% Time

edited December 2017 in Custom Card Discussion
Some, but probably not many of you have seen my recent discussion on my 20% time project for school. If you haven’t, I will catch you up:

-I was assigned a year long school project where I spend 20% of my class time (every friday) on a project of my choosing that can “help” people. (I put help in quotes bc its very generously used. One kid is remodeling his basement for his project)

-My project is to do research on phobias and to make MTG cards based on each phobia that I research and I have set up a blog on which I post at least once a week.

-While I have gotten some attention from people, I haven’t gotten much, and I want more. (Partially bc I was told that the project with the most media attention gets extra credit)

-So I ask that YOU, the Cardsmith Community help me out.

I know that you are probably wondering, “Hey, wasn’t this labeled as a Contest and Challenge?” And to you I say it was. This is bc in order to get more publicity, I have set up a competition:

I challenge each and every one of you to check out each of my blog posts, comment, remain invested in it! The reward for being the most contributive to spreading my publicity will be a like on each and every card that you have posted to date at the end of the school year and throughout the first 3 weeks of summer! Also to sweeten the deal, the most promotional/contributive Cardsmither will receive 3 months of premium membership!

If 2nd and 3rd are also particularly helpful, they will also receive premium membership; 2nd place for 2 months, and 3rd for 1!

The link to my blog is swineharts20time5thwesley.blogspot.com (i know that it isnt the best but the school required it to be in a specific format)

Feel free to have your friends promote as well on your behalf!

I will repost the link to the blog here every time I make a new post.

Sincerely, Wesley Ryan a.k.a. Ranshi922

Comments

• I love phobia cards, for some reason. I have some I can show you if you want
  • @Stormtide, sorry, but I cannot Alford to use somebody else’s work. My teacher was already worried about fraudulent use and whatnot.
  • That makes sense.
  • edited November 2017
    @Ranshi922
    Why haven't I noticed this project more.

I do have to say one thing first. When posting a thread and trying to keep retention high, you need to do two things.

The first being consistently update your thread with content and interactions. (No plain bumping!) The second being to style your thread with html to make it appealing and distinguishable.

If you want help with either, just leave a few people messages so they can help keep conversations going!
  • edited November 2017
    In addition, it would be nice to talk about the subject matter, if people are interested. (Mainly as that seems to be the major idea about your assignment!)

I know we like speaking up about the topics. But it can be stressful to some! Although, this is just assuming you want the full personal experience on your assignment.

Personally, I deal heavily with Arachnophobia and being a Germophobe.
  • I guess... so Idk if I I completely understand what you’re saying
  • edited November 2017
    @Ranshi922
    I just thought it would be interesting to talk about phobias or even share some art/music relating to them.
  • If you could help me find arts for the different phobias it would be rather helpful!
  • I'll work on it. I just need to re-access our DeviantArt account.

We have a really extensive collection of artwork in that nature.
  • For all that want to see my blog, I have just posted a post on Triskaidekaphobia. Check it out, leave a comment, and tell your friends. Thx. The link is swineharts20time5thwesley.blogspot.com
  • @Angry_Potatoes, I am afraid that you have misunderstood me. The contest is to raise publicity and possibly help me come up with effects, not to create cards for me. This is a school project...
  • You can say you've obtained another person who will at least regularly view this thread.
  • however I was hoping for more than one viewer! But thanks
  • GUYS GO TO MY BLOG TO SEE TRISKAIDEKAPHOBIA!!! REMEMBER THE PERSON WHO GETS ME THE MOST PAGEVIEWS AND FOLLOWERS AND WHATNOT WINS 3 MONTHS OF PREMIUM!!!
  • @Ranshi922 I'll look into it when i get some time over.

@modnation675 So bump is used by people of this community to keep a thread active?
    Or is that just a secondary use?
  • That is the use. But the issue is it provides no content at the time.
  • @modnation675, are you talking to me or to @Jonteman93?
  • ATTENTION! MY POST ON PARSKEVIDEKATRIAPHOBIA WILL BE POSTED ON 11/19/17 by 12:00 am EASTERN/ 9:00 pm STANDARD PACIFIC! CHECK IT OUT AND TELL YOUR FRIENDS! THE CONTEST IS MOOT IF I DONT GET A TOTAL OF 2000 VIEWS BY THE END OF THE SCHOOL YEAR!
  • @Ranshi922
    People will check it out if linked, so don't advertise in that sense. Just post content to the thread(s).
  • edited November 2017
    @modnation675, So what you are saying is that whenever I post a new blog post, I mention it over here, and include the link to the blog and also to the new post itself?
  • Correct. :)

Sorry for being slow, just on vacation.
  • I actually experience this, so I thought be fitting make a card about it.

• I had already made an acrophobia card, @lastjustice. Sorry. But anyway, I’m supposed to be coming up with my material on my own.
  • @Ranshi922
    This is how you get engagement though. Keep in mind the website you're using.
  • I suppose. I will use them for card effect material.
  • If anybody has any ideas for cards, please email me. I also have had several posts recently. Don’t forget to follow my blog! :)
This discussion has been closed.