Planeswalker Lore Contest

I know I'm already running a contest, I just wanted to put this out there now before I forget.

This challenge is to create one or more planeswalker(s) and 1-3 non-planeswalker cards that reference that planeswalker. I was inspired by the Oath of the Gatewatch oath cards and the Hour of Devastation defeat cards. Planeswalkers must be realistic and original as possible and other cards must reference the planeswalker in the name and/or flavor text.

Example:
image and image

A group of a planeswalker and 1-3 referencing cards is one submission. Limit to three submissions per person. Deadline is the last day of November.

Prizes (These are prizes that don't really matter, this contest is mainly for fun.):
1st: Follow, three favorites of your choice, custom card/set collaboration/entry in your contest/idkwhatever my dude
2nd: Follow, two favorites of your choice.
3rd, two favorites of your choice.
Honorable Mentions: One favorite of my choice.

Happy Smithing!

Comments

• Old cards allowed? I have some whoppers...
  • same here xD
  • ^agree I have some killer planeswalker backstories
  • edited October 2017
    Sorry @RohanDragoon, @Credius, and @TezzeretofCarmot21 I always forget to specify this particular rule... Yes Indeed old cards are allowed.
  • edited October 2017
    image image image

Short description on Credius:

Thousands of years after the legendary elder dragon planeswalker Nicol Bolas had defeated the Gatewatch, the multiverse was threatened by something coming from the blind eternity, a dark and all consuming force simply called the Aether. Nicol Bolas it seemed, was powerless against this force and at a very fast rate, this force consumed most of the multiverse.

Xeras, one of the few planes that remained thriving, the God Narethis waged a continuous battle against the Aether to prevent Xeras from falling to the dark force's insurmountable hunger, yet as the battle raged on, Narethis became more and more corrupted, the plane once devoid of black mana slowly becoming overrun by the twisted machinations of their corrupted god and its minions.

Eventually, in a last ditch effort, Sylvia the Silver Warden and the prince of Epyon: Credius Narethis, descendant of the God of Xeras tried to destroy Rhazok, Narethis' avatar and only tether to the mortal realm, yet in doing so the two of them created a time rift. Just before the collapse of the timerift, Credius' spark ignited, yet he became corrupted to the core when Narethis managed to kill Sylvia and fuse with the fallen prince.

Awakening in a far flung past, Credius Narethis, last and now first of the planeswalkers drifted through the multiverse, seeking to consume the sparks of other planewalkers and hellbent on putting the multiverse under his own control, for only one with the power of the aether can defend it from its cursed fate.
  • edited October 2017

image image image

Cache is a mechanic by @fabiocbinbutter:

[To cache a card]
    (Exile it face down. You may look at it at any time. You may draw from your cache instead of from your library.)

Related rules text:
    To cache a card means to exile it face-down as cached. Players may look at any cached cards they own at any time. If a player would draw a card and they own any cached cards in the exile zone, they may instead choose one of those cards and draw that card instead of drawing from the top of their library.

(The word "from" in the first sentence of her +1 should be "of" instead.)

A little about the Archivist:

Orinthene blinked, trying to clear her vision; it didn't help. The blurriness had nothing to do with her eyesight, rather, it was due to the heavy rain on the window pane through which she now squinted. "Torches?" she thought, "Could those little faint red glows out there be torches?" As she lived on the border of Avabruck, strange sounds and sights weren't really foreign, more intriguing then anything else. As the bright spots vanished from view, either because they were too far away or because the rain had swelled to a downpour, Orinthene decided she better turn in for the night.

Orinthene was fourteen years old and lived alone in a small run down cottage, what many would call a hut. Not much to look at from outside or in. Her parents were loving wonderful teachers and guardians that had been... misplaced, somehow. Orinthene had carried on alone with a touch of grief and a longing to know just what had befallen her beloved father and mother.

She awoke with a start only a few hours later to the sound of howls. "Mondronen" she surmised. Living this close to Avabruck meant that Orinthene knew enough that she wasn't easily startled or surprised. She drifted off to sleep.

-YEARS PASS-

Orinthene's discovered that she can planeswalk. During the werewolf attack after the wards around Avabruck's central cathedral, the Temple of Saint Raban, failed. She returned to Innistrad shortly after. She doesn't wish to be anywhere else, she'd begun to archive. Her hut had become a storehouse of documents and research. Mostly in an effort to determine the fate of her parents, she'd now delved into the mysteries of every race on the plane and documented her findings. She's recently learned of Arlinn Kord, she'd witnessed Avacyn cursemuting or killing hundreds of werewolves, and knows of the angel's church launching a new inquisition more terrifying than anything they've done before against the lycanthropes. Not much of it matters as long as she's left to continue her vigil and learn the full extent of what there is to be learned on Innistrad.

Orinthene's sole goal is to be left alone and undisturbed. She has no desire to assist the coming Gatewatch or engage in the struggle of the native races. Her inherent powers are few, but empower her to keep her archive safe an obscured while simultaneously allowing her to go places others cannot as she collects little known facts.

(Sorry for my "novel" style and any mistakes I may have made. I know almost nothing of MTG lore, I just scabbed pieces off of wiki and MTG stories.)
  • edited October 2017

These are my cards. The basic lore behind Alara and the forest folk is that two Kingdoms started to expand their empires but the plane they live in is mostly forests so they started destroying the forest to expand. The inhabitants of the forest fought back in what started as small skirmishes, but once the village of cartha was lost the whole plane broke into war.

Thats all ive come up with so far :)
  • edited November 2017
    image image image
    Check it out.
  • edited November 2017
    image image
    Using Electric by @DeepSky:
    Electric (This creature can't attack or block unless you remove a charge counter from it.)
  • edited October 2017
    imageimageimageimage
  • imageimageimage

Maliaer was an alchemist on Khaast, a plane I created (not actually important). When attempting to create an efficient teleportation device, she created an unstable potion that ignited her spark. However, because of the potions own teleportation properties, rather than planeswalking to another plane, Maliaer became trapped in a pocket of the Blind Eternities. She can thereotically planeswalk between planes, but her physical body is always somewhat trapped in the Blind Eternities, causing her to "phase" between the two places and never actually remain in a single place.
  • edited November 2017

imageimage

This is from the manga/anime Magic Knight Rayearth (so not original). My commnet does contain spoilers. so...

*SPOILER WARNING*

Hikaru is a student from Earth who is transported to the magical world of Cephiro, where the entire world is in turmoil due to a Black Knight that has imprisoned the Pillar (Princess Emeraude), the ruler of the world who ensures it's people can be safe from all harm and prosper. Hikaru, a magic knight summoned to save Cephiro, fights alongside two others (Umi, Fuu) who were summoned as well, and become the avatar's for elemental deities who protect the world. Eventually learn the truth of why they are truly on Cephiro. Princess Emeraude summoned them herself so she could die, as she had fallen in love with the Black Knight, and could no longer support the planet. Forced to kill the Princess, Hikaru and her friends return to Earth in despair.

They later return to Cephiro to find it in the middle of a conflict for the right to be the new Pillar. Remembering the pain of the Princess, Hikaru initially fights to ensure a good person will become the Pillar, but comes to the determination that the only way to save Cephiro, and to prevent what happened to the Princess, from ever happening again, is to destroy the entire system and remake the world anew.

So, the planeswalker is Hikaru, and she can be used to summon an ultimate deity, Rayearth. Purifying Flame is her remaking the world anew to end the system.
  • edited November 2017
    So, I created another one, but this time it is actually original.

(edit 11/20 - updated story, added pre-planeswalker card)

imageimage

imageimageimage

Sephina is an Angel of Innistrad, created by Sorin and the youngest sister of Avacyn, Gisela, Bruna, and Sigarda. During the war with Griselbrand, Sephina was too young, and too weak, to assist her sisters in battle. As such, when Griselbrand, along with Avacyn and her sisters, was imprisoned in the Helvault, she was spared.

She misses her sisters dearly, but had hoped that without Griselbrand, Innistrad would be able to achieve peace. Her hopes were shattered however as vampires and werewolves slowly took claim of the plane, and humans lived in a constant state of fear. She knew that this situation was not tenable, and she couldn't allow things to remain as they were. However, though stronger than she once was, she was not powerful enough to save the humans on her own, or with the few angels left.

Sephina determined that the only way to save the humans was to free her sisters, but she was unable to do so herself. She only knew of one person who could. Her creator, and Lord of Innistrad, Sorin Markov. However, she had no way to reach him. She immediately put herself to study, and worked to discover everything she could about her creator, and where he was. Her search led her Ludevic, one of the most respected, and feared, scientists on Innistrad. His crazed and insane works repulsed her, but after reviewing the documentation she had discovered, he was convinced he could artificially create in her the spark required to travel the planes. She agreed to submit to his experiment.

It was painful. That is all she remembers of what Ludevic did to her. It was so painful, she was sure she cried for death. But after seven days, the pain stopped, and she felt whole again... and something else. Ludevic had succeeded, mostly. She was still her, still an angel, and so she promised him a boon for his service, and immediately leapt to a new plane to find Sorin.

However, a novice with her powers, and unnaturally gifted to her, she was unable to direct her course, and found herself randomly sent from plane to plane, most recently landing on the city plane of Ravnica. Lost in the giant city, she is unsure where to go or what to do to find Sorin, especially as she still cannot select her destination. However, she does see one similarity to Innistrad. Suffering. She is an angel, and a protector of those in need to saving. She knows her quest compels her to move on and find her creator, but the people of Ravnica are in pain, and she cannot understand why the Angels of Orzhov and Boros do nothing to help them. She will eventually move on, but first she wants to learn, possibly teach, and try to bring hope to Ravnica.
  • edited November 2017
    I have only one significant planeswalker as of yet.
    He is however very significant.

image image image

The three chosen cards are those that describes Septhis's aspects the best. His undying servant lords. His image as a bringer of death and a riser of the dead.
    He do have some additional aspects but these are the major.

"summarized" story

Septhis was born on the plane Lisakdonia.
    He was however a living human with another name.
    One day his family was killed by an invading dragon from a neighboring land. He would in determination seek to serve the gods of the plane, specifically the guardian god to be among her elite warriors.
    He would grow to become an average elite warrior of these.

During a battle with suicidal odds he and one of his friends would be striken down by one of the enemy commanders. This was the moment when he got his spark and planeswalked.
    After he had returned to Lisakdonia the gods would blame him for deserting the battle and letting his brothers-in-arms die. In shame of his crime he accepted his judgement as a traitor, the worst crime.
    He was sent by the god of the passage to the abyss where he would reside for eternity.

During the hundred of years he would be tortured in the abyss he would grow a hatred in his heart. He would start to blame the gods for not listening to him. He would blame them for sending him and his brothers-in-arms into the suicidal battle. He would blame this teleporting ability of his. Then it grabbed his mind. he could teleport from the abyss. Well, it was easier said than done as the abyss had a firm grip of him and his soul. He would in the end however be able to planeswalk but the abyss' grip of him was so strong so he ripped the abyss from the his dark prison as it planeswalked with him.

Outside the darkness however he was not kept undead so the abyss was now litterarly burning into his body, his flesh, his mind and memories, his everything as it proceeded to kill him. he would however be saved just moments later by an angelic figure. A powerful being that could keep the abyss from consuming him and instead become a part of him.
    When everything had calmed down he had become a body of only bones and dark abyss. he had lost most of his memories. But he got a shard of it left. a memory of his gods, of him blaming them, of him cursing them.
    He did not know what he was but he did know what he should do, kill his former gods.
  • edited November 2017
    Sorry for the wall of text, i tried as good as i could to keep it short.
    This is however only the origin story of Septhis. there is quite much more. the three cards are reflecting him as he is today ~ 3000 years later.
  • edited November 2017
    Not really from a new plane, but from an alternate timeline of it.

image image image

Lore: Irina was born from the affair of the Queen Marchesa herself with an unknown planeswalker from unknown origin.

In her childhood, Irina was trained as an assassin by her own mother, who is also a master in that deadly art. Growing with resentment towards her mother due to her abused childhood, adding with the reality that she was also a bastard child, she always held a grudge towards her mother due to those facts.

But Irina wasn't a normal child because she also always excelled in arcane arts, mainly blood and soul magic due to her status of being a planeswalker. Unbeknownst to her of course.

In the end, after her mother died due to old age, she finally took the throne and turned herself into a vampire, an immortal who drains blood from the others to gain power. A power she learned from her teacher, who also secretly was her real father.

In the end, due to a life-threatening assassination event, she eventually ascended into a planeswalker and thrown off on the plane of Innistrad, an alternate version of it, where she gained major parts of her previously locked powers after rampaging through the land by either destroying or subduing anyone or anything who opposed her.

Now she resides in an alternate Innistrad as a ruler of a local vampire barony. For the time being. And she will eventually take her revenge towards those who took away her homeplane, her beloved and hated Fiora.

• Screams in the night. Darkness all around. But not natural darkness. This must be conjured, by human or otherwise. With my armor hardly strapped on, I throw my cloak on and carry my sword out the door, rushing toward the sounds of the screams and crashes I hear in the distance of this unnatural darkness. I can’t tell how far the ruckus is from my location, as the darkness around me can be felt almost, and likely has distorted my senses to the world around me.
    After what seems a mile and an hour of running, but could not be accurately judged, I arrive at the home, or what’s left of what was once a home. Not much is left, save the rubble and burned foundation of the once home of a young family. Rushing to what’s left I dig through the rubble trying to find any clues as to what’s happened and what has become of the residents. Then… I find them. Or what’s left of them. The burned flesh of two children and the father… But no mother. Last I knew, she was nearly to term, and expecting the baby within the next weeks or even days. I search around for a clue as to where she has gone, or likely been taken to. Investigating the burns of the destroyed home, under the untrained eye, you wouldn’t be able to, but I have seen it before. These are infernal fires of Demons and devils. Unnatural. Wicked. That leaves only one place she could have been taken to. The Ashmouth. The life-force and gateway to the Demons and Devils.
    Fighting my way through the surrounding woods, there are plenty of clerics and devils alike. Waiting in ambush. Something large must be happening at the Ashmouth. With so many out and prepared to defend it, the sacrifice prepared. And so I slay each one of them. No mercy, no remorse. The Demons I slay offer alternatives, offer power, wealth. But I see through their lies. I see the power they wish to hold over others. And thus I dispatch them. By the dozens. All of them as I make my way to the Ashmouth, and nothing will keep me away.

I see the glow in the distance. That fiery, infernal and ghastly glow of the Ashmouth. The smell of sulfur. If some could see it without being present, they’d say it may look like a volcanic chasm. But It’s much more than that. As much a mystery as of magic and wonder as Avacyn herself.
    I am now at the edge of the clearing to the Ashmouth. Ahead of me I see them. The cultists and lesser demons… and the pregnant mother.
    The leader cultists calls out to me, as he knows I am there.
    He calls for me to surrender. That there is nothing I can do. The Demon lord has already been summoned and that he will have his sacrifice.
    I can’t let that be the mother or the unborn child.
    And so… I emerge from the woods and drop my sword to the ground. Approaching the gathering that lies ahead.
    I see the Sadistic smile of victory crossing the lead cultists grisly old face. I cannot see a way out of this.
    The Ashmouth’s glow begins to grow, and the ground is trembling. Some great power, some great… evil approaches. The summoning of it is almost complete, and upon his arrival, the mother and her baby die.
    I cannot let that happen.
    Summoning all of the holy might and power I have I fight my way forward, almost releasing the mother when a giant hand reaches forth from the Ashmouth. The Demon will not be denied his prize. His key into the world of Innistrad.
    There is only one way out for the mother.
    Thus, I lunge, shoving her back as I fall into the Ashmouth, blasting at the not yet fully materialized Demon. I then grab hold of what I can, with all my might, summoning a spell that binds it to me.
    I fall… and fall… despite its intense glow seen from its surface, the Ashmouth is nothing but blackness. The pain of the Binding I have made with the Demon burns with an intensity that is unnatural and not physical. I feel the very foundation of my being shifting and altering, there is a spark within me, it strikes with such an intensity that I feel as though I have finally reached the end, and I black out, unaware of falling anymore. Unaware of the foul shrieks and cries of the evil creatures and Essence I fall by.

I awaken.
    But where.
    This is not the Ashmouth, nor does it seem to be Stensia or even Innistrad. Gone is the silver moon. Instead I see a moon of crimson. I see no life around me. The world seems barren.
    I walk for days, passing ruins of all sorts, from old to ancient. The skeletons are innumerable. A plane of death, and a plane that must have once been filled with war.
    I one day reach a cave, partially closed off, but it appears that someone at some point had strained in an attempt to clear it away. I enter this cave after making a small clearing and find an unnatural cave. The walls and floor are smoothed. Even. But ancient. I follow the cavern deeper, hoping to find something that might tell me where I am. As I pass through another pile of stones that had once barred entry to the cave I come upon what looks to be an alter in an ancient chamber. Two skeletal bodies lie on the floor. The alter has two obsidian bowls on it, with what appears to be did and anciently crusted blood within.
    There’s a whisper. I look up and around.
    Again I hear it, or do I feel it? I cannot tell the difference.
    My gaze falls upon two large doors located stone distance behind the alter.
    As if under some possession I raise my hand, and with a light flick of my hand the doors can open… as if they were pushed open from whatever lies within.
    Out of the shadows a figure approaches me. I do not recognize its form, but within me I know. It is in the image of myself that this being appears before me.
    Only a shadow of what I once was I have been transformed. I no longer walk in the armor of holy silver, but in that of onyx. Cloaked in dark shadows.
    The being speaks to me. But it is not my voice. The voice is of the void.
    “Welcome Valoth. Your arrival has been awaited. But this is not where you shall remain. This plane has nothing left of it for us, and thus we could use your…. Services, elsewhere.”
    It is then that I feel them. All of them from that which is beyond the doors. I walk forward through the doorway and can feel the coldness of their essence enter my being. And I see many different worlds, all suspended in the eternal darkness around them. But soon I am no longer in that dark eternity… blind eternity the voice from the void tells me.
    I am now on another world, with life all around. A Demon approaches.
    “shall we begin” it inquires.

“I once fought the evil of a world with holy fervor. But like fighting a raging fire with a stone, my work never ended and became tiresome. Now I fight the evil with evil, just as fire is fought with fire. The evil of the worlds are not introduced by the Demons. But the Demons are welcomed into the world by the evils which are there. We have a mutual desire for seeking out this. I am the compass that directs, and though their means are somewhat… savage, in the end, the greed of evil always consumes.”

• Summarization of Valoth and his lore.

Valoth was once a Demon Slayer on the plane of Innistrad from a village near the Ashmouth in Stensia. True to the holy ways of combat he detested Demons. One night a cult with the assistance of Demons and devils kidnapped a mother with her unborn child to help usher in a powerful Demon lord from the Ashmouth. Valoth fights his way to rescue the mother but realizes he cannot prevent the rise of the Demon lord in one way or another as well as rescue the mother. Therefore he leaps into the Ashmouth after shoving the mother out of the Demons grasp and summons a spell to bind the Demon to himself as he falls into the Ashmouth. As he falls the effects of binding a powerful Demon lord to himself and falling into an infernal portal begin to takes its toll on the essence of Valoth which ends up making his planeswalker spark ignite as he loses consciousness. He awakens on a desolate plane (the home plane of Ob Nixilis) and eventually makes his way to the cave in which Ob Nixilis began the Eighth and final Cataclysm. Here he encounters the shape shifting Demon that approached Nixilis before his planeswalker spark ignited, and notices the change in his appearance through the Demons mimicry. By binding with the demon and walking through the gateway in which Nixilis summoned it and the others of its kind long ago Valoth truly learns how to planeswalk and when arriving on the next unknown plane, learns of his new purpose for being a sort of guidance for Demons and their pacts
  • edited December 2017
    Aaru, MK II Aaru, Seeker of the Unknown Planar Shifter

Aaru is a dragon who works for the Izzet League on the plane of Ravnica. She was working on various projects for the guild, as well as to satisfy her own curiosity, on which she tended to use herself as a test subject. Aaru was tasked by Niv Mizzet to create a device that would allow the user to travel between the planes of the multiverse. This device was called the planar shifter, and was developed by Aaru with some help from the planeswalker Raz Hara. During a test, the device combined itself with her body causing her real spark to be bound to the shifter's artificially created "Spark", causing it to ignite.

Also, I don't have any art for these. There's just none that'll work.
  • imageimage

Double-sided planeswalker.

Lore of Iida:

Iida was a blacksmith's only daughter in a small village of the plane Gerria. Her mother died when she gave birth to her. Iida only had her father, but she knew everything about her mother even though she never met her. When Iida was growing up, she could see images of her mother's life from the clothes, jewelry and everything which her mother had used during her lifetime in their home.

Iida didn't know what explained it. She could gather knowledge from lifeless items, memories of each item's users flows into her mind whenever she touches one. That's why she learned quickly when it came to weapon forging. When she told about her ability to her father, he considered it as a gift with responsibility.

Iida's work as a blacksmith was magnificent and people all over the land noticed it. Her father was proud. Their family business has been even more prosperous ever since Iida became a fully fledged blacksmith.

When Iida was seventeen years old, a visitor from the capital arrived to her father's smithy on a warm summer's day. A messenger who was sent by the king. Iida told him that her father had gone to the capital and will most likely return tomorrow. But then the messenger said that he had a message just for her. He told Iida how the king has heard about her works and asked her to reforge an ancient blade called "Votum."

Votum was a greatsword forged with metal which has been said to be made by the gods. It was found in ancient times in a crater which is located in the northren mountains. Only a few people in the history of Gerria has been able to unleash the blade's power to its fullest. All of them have been rulers, leaders or mages; people with great power.

It was destroyed when a mighty hellkite dragon attacked the capital and the current king's father used it to slay the beast. It wasn't the only time when the legendary sword has broken into shards. No normal blacksmith can reforge Votum. It requires skill, strength and understanding to do so.

The king has been looking for a fitting blacksmith to remake the sword for years and wants to do it in secret. There are people who would like to have the sword or even the shards in their own hands and use them to conquer the kingdom.

If Iida is able to reforge Votum, she will have her own smithy in the capital. When the messenger said that, Iida accepted the offer with excitement in her eyes.

The bag which contained Votum's shards was given to Iida on the following day by the messenger. Then he told Iida that she shouldn't let anybody know about her assingment. People with dark intent may be listening. The messenger left immediately afterwards.

Iida brought the bag to the smithy and opened it. The metallic shards had a golden shine. She took one of them into her hand and focused her energy to it. She could see battles within her mind. Battles which have been fought a long time ago. The blade's owners' triumphs and defeats. The last breaths of the creatures which have tasted the sword's hard metal. So much blood and death from countless wars and conflicts. Iida's excitement turned into fear on that moment. She dropped the shard into the bag and already started to feel better. The sooner this will be dealt with, the better. She couldn't wait until she could move to the capital, the beating heart of the kingdom. Her father's smithy and the old village had been way too small for her soul.

It was almost midnight, but Iida was still working with Votum within the smithy. That's when her father arrived. He asked her why is she forging in the middle of the night when people should save their strength for a new day. Iida wasn't going to answer at first, but then she said that she was given an assigment which would open new doors for her and for him. She focused on the blade afterwards, not paying anymore attention to her father's ramblings.

When it was almost morning, Iida decided to go to bed. Votum was in her mind all the time and more memories flowed from it when she was forging it. No other weapon or armor has had such a dark past.

Three months later on a chilling autumn's evening the sword was complete. Iida made it look exactly like she has seen it in the shards' memories. The power is in full potential when the shards are forged together into a weapon. Now all it would need is a proper wielder. The current king may just be the right person for that.

It was raining when Iida was going to bed. She didn't notice that she still had Votum with her. She left it leaning against the wall and then sat onto her bed with a deep sigh. She imagined what it would be like to live within the capital and suddenly felt homesick. All this extra careful forging and secrecy has drained all her powers. Iida's father may have been distant for most of his time, but at least she could always trust him with her worries. But not with this one. This was something which she had to dealt with alone.
  • Then Iida heard an explosion outside. She looked through the window and saw as the smithy was burning. She heards shouting and then another explosion. That time it was right below her. Her home was being attacked by a group of people with grenades.

She took Votum and ran outside her room. Her father was just right behind the door. He told her that they need to get to the village as quickly as possible.

But then a grenade shattered the window right next to them. Iida's father took her hand and they both ran to the window at the end of the corridor. Iida's father kicked it open and jumped down from it. Iida watched as the bomb exploded within their home and it set the second floor in flames. When they hit the wet ground, Votum slipped from Iida's hands. Her father helped her to get up and told her that they should get going. But Iida wriggled from her father's arms and took Votum from behind them. Iida's father gave her an angry look, but then they continued their escape.

Iida and her father ran into the forest, because the way to the village was blocked by the men who attacked their home and smithy. "I don't think anyone of them followed us here", Iida said.

Her father was panting. "Why are they doing this? Is it because of that dang sword!?"

When Iida was about to say something, she stuttered and looked behind her father. Two men with knives were running towards him and her.

"Look out!"

Her father looked at the two charging men, then she turned to Iida and pointed at Votum.

"That sword, give it to me. Quickly!"

Iida gave him the sword and he swung it at the two men. He slashed one of them men to the stomach and he fell on the ground moaning. The other one managed to dodge the attack. He shouted and tried to stab Iida's father, who was fast enough to thrust Votum into the man's chest. Then the attacker gargled and fell on the ground as well.

Iida stared at her father silently for a few seconds, then said "I almost thought they had you."

He chuckled and said "I may not be much of a swordsman, but something gave me strength to fight these thugs."

Suddenly, the air felt colder than before. A shadowy figure was walking from the darkness of the woods. Iida's father raised his blade to the oddity's direction.

"Don't come any closer or I have to kill you. You may take our home, but do not touch me or my daughter!"

The shadowy man jumped instantly at Iida's father. He swung at him with Votum, but it went through him, as if hit through fog. Then Iida saw a flash of metal right next to her father's throat. A dark flow of blood followed afterwards. Iida's father didn't let out any voices. He fell onto is knees, then his face hit the forest's wet ground. He didn't move anymore.

"What have you done!?"

Iida ran to her father's side and took Votum from his solidified arms. The shadowy man walked towards her with his knife pointed at Votum.

"That sword. Hand it over."

The man's voice was eerie and menacing, but Iida tried to drown her fear in fury. With burning rage and a despair, Iida attacked the man with Votum. The man blocked the slash with his knife.

"You're a foolish little girl. I would kill you right now, but I would rather see as your sword takes your pitiful life. Then you shall rot right besides your old man!"

The men who started the fire at Iida's home surrounded her and the shadowy man. But when Iida pushed Votum against the shadowy man's blade even harder, it started to glow brightly. The other people backed up. Lightnings sparked around it and it made the shadowy man drop his blade which was burning in his hands.

Tears in her eyes and fire within her throat, Iida fired hatred from Votum towards the shadowy man who screamed in anguish. Then Iida started furiously slashing energy waves at the other people around her and they all fell down burning. She continued to do so until a bolt of lightning hit Votum and it exploded. In that exact moment, Iida's planeswalker spark ignited and she warped between the planes with Votum's shards.

Darkness was all around her. She felt like as if she's falling into an endless abyss. Then she woke up to the sound of ocean waves. Everything was blurry at first, but then she sees a seagull on a rock right before her. Iida looks around her and she only saw water everywhere. She was on a rocky island in the middle of an ocean.

Then she noticed the scars on her hands and body. She didn't remember how she got them. Everywhere hurted. Then she saw Votum right next to her, which had broken into shards. This time they weren't as small.

Iida started to feel dizzy. She wondered how long she had been laying here. Her vision started to darken. Even though a ship was sailing towards the island, she couldn't do anything else except fall unconscious.

A few people sailed to the island with a boat. They picked up Iida and the shards around her. They started sailing back to the ship afterwards. Iida slightly opened her eyes and only saw the name which was written at the side of the ship:

"Blade of Seas."

Then she fell unconscious again.

Nafara is one of my friend's MTG OCs that I made into a planeswalker.

Lore:
    Nafara was born on innistrad, in the krallenhorde, Arlinn Kord's Howlpack. His spark ignited after vampires drained his family. He was Flung to Ixalan, where he used his limited time magic to create paradoxes that threatened to rip the plane apart. The spirit of Ixalan made a deal with him. Ixalan let him go, on the condition that he'd never come back. He went back to innistrad during the Eldritch moon Story, and after realizing the plane could not be saved, traveled the planes, killing vampires to satisfy his thirst for vengeance.
This discussion has been closed.