Looking for some D&D fans for a campaign. (Dm Needed!)

Comments

• Ok, will we be playing realistic with food and travel time, or normal?
  • Food and travel time won't be too important, but it will have effects on things.
  • Oh ok, so I don't have to buy rations?
  • Not exactly. If you don't eat for a few days, your stats will be reduced significantly.
  • As far as I am concerned as long as you sleep you'll be fine, bc in my experience the DM/GM usually is just you auto eat when needed
  • Isn't NokiSkaur our Dm?
  • I thought so...
  • Can u guys teach me?
  • @TezzeretofCarmot21

The only thing you really need to do is interact with people and roll dice. Building a character is the most complicated part, but I'm not very good at explaining how to go through that.
  • Building a character, eh, @NokiSkaur? I don't know how to build stats of characters, but I'm ok at backstories and stuff like that.
  • Roll 4d6 per stat, take away the worst, and add the results, then add any extra modifiers.
  • edited December 2017
    Hey, can I possibly join in as a rogue?
    :::Reads the beginning:::
    Oh wait.....
    XD I just realized that three out of the four characters I'm currently playing are rogues...

I've got a tiefling warlock that's gathering dust waiting to animate some corpses and such. It's a home-brew patron (Orcus, demonic lord of undeath); I hope that's okay?
    If so, I might have to pop in and out, as I'm pretty busy at the moment.

Also, how do you guys plan on playing? Will you do super casual on this thread? Or something else?
    If you all have DndBeyond accounts (it's the official online D&D site--> https://www.dndbeyond.com) you could do it with WotC's program.
  • edited December 2017
    @MagicChess

As far as I know, we're working with a Google Doc or a Google Hangout. I'll need to check if asking for eMail addresses is allowed by the rules.
  • I think it is.
  • I put in the application. My availability is pretty tricky, but am a decent player. I base my characters on the setting and what I think is missing from the party. Sailor evangelist since that seems to fit?????
  • @NokiSkaur, I don't know if I'm comfortable sharing my eMail address. Is it possible for me to still participate without doing so?
    @brcien, what class?
  • I think we can find a way.
  • edited December 2017
    @NokiSkaur, also: are you okay with a home-brew warlock patron and tiefling subrace? The patron stats are...

Expanded Spell List:
    Spell Level..............Spells
    1st.........................False Life, Inflict Wounds
    2nd........................Blindness/Deafness, Shadow Blade
    3rd.........................Animate Dead, Speak with Dead, Bestow Curse
    4th.........................Phantasmal Killer, Death Ward
    5th.........................Contagion, Cloudkill

1st Level feature: The first time you reduce a creature to 0 hit points, you regain one warlock spell slot. You can't use this feature again until you finish a short or long rest.
    6th Level feature: Undead Thralls (wizard class; PHB page 119)
    10th Level feature: Raven's Shield (Unearthed Arcana: Warlock and Wizard)
    14th Level feature: Queen's Right Hand (Unearthed Arcana: Warlock and Wizard)

The tiefling stats are...

Ability score increases: +2 Cha, +1 Dex
    Flight: you have a flying speed of 30 ft. You can't use this speed while wearing medium or heavy armor.
    Base walking speed: 30 feet
    Innate Spellcasting: You know the thaumaturgy cantrip and the chill touch cantrip. Your spellcasting ability for these spells is Charisma.
    Hellish Resistance (nerfed): Whenever you are dealt fire damage and are not surprised, you can use your reaction to reduce the damage by an amount equal to twice your Charisma modifier.
    Bite: You gain and are proficient with a Bite attack, which uses a base damage die of 1d6. Additionally, whenever you reduce a creature to 0 hit points with your Bite, you gain temporary hit points equal to twice your Charisma modifier plus your proficiency bonus.
  • @Taako, great! :)
    @NokiSkaur, what level will we be starting at?
  • Go to page two, he/she said lvl. 2
  • Ah, sorry. Sounds good!
  • Rolling for stats.....

6,3,3,5 --> 14
    3,1,4,2 --> 9
    2,4,3,3 --> 11
    5,4,6,3 --> 15
    6,1,5,5 --> 16
    3,5,2,4 --> 12

Final stats:
    STR: 9 (9+0)
    DEX: 16 (15+1)
    CON: 14 (14+0)
    INT: 12 (12+0)
    WIS: 11 (11+0)
    CHA: 18 (16+2)

(Sorry about this near-spam, but it's traditional on DnD forums to show exactly how you got your ability scores)
  • Nice CHA, horrible STR
  • edited December 2017
    Yeah, but for a warlock it isn't all that important. Daggers have finesse, and I probably won't be using many other melee weapons.
    Done with my character! I'll post the backstory soon.
  • @MagicChess

Everything I do is homebrew, so I'm fine with you doing homebrew stuff as well.

We can so this through Cardsmith messages, or we could all make splinter accounts meant only for this game. Either way works with me.
  • Sent in my form
  • @NokiSkaur, I don't know if it would be... tactful to do it on this forum. Not only is it an MTG forum, but we would be doing something exclusive on a public thread.
    @Corwinn? Anything to say?
  • @MagicChess

Not on a forum. Through private messages.
This discussion has been closed.