[deleted]
  • edited December 2017

thanks
  • edited December 2017
  • @jabrew79 - That's pretty good idea.
  • edited December 2017
    @jabrew79 , @modnation675, @Tomigon

How about this?

Unflinching (This creature can't be tapped by spells, abilities, or by attacking.)
  • @jabrewer79
    No problem, the effect is something most people don't use often.
  • @TenebrisNemo
    I went straight to Shapeshifter too XD
  • edited December 2017
    @TenebrisNemo
    So unflinching creature is tapped when it is part of the COST of something(like convoke, Tradewind Rider,,) , right?
  • @Tomigon - I was thinking that a creature with unflinching can never be tapped and the drawback would be that it can never be used in part of a cost. Do you think the reminder text need to be more specific in that matter?

Or would it be better if you can tap a creature with unflinching as a part of a cost? If that's so, is the current reminder text good?

@Faiths_Guide - Great minds think alike, eh? Haha!
  • edited December 2017
    @TenebrisNemo
    Either way, I think the reminder text should be more specific. I'm keep asking you how that mechanic works because it's confusing, and I can't judge if I don't understand it.

I think the creature should tap if it's used as a part of a cost. That is less confusing. Some people might think an unflinching creature always pays {1} for convoke.

How about..
    Unflinching (Effects that say "tap" don't tap this creature. Attacking doesn't cause this creature to tap.)
    I took example from indestructible. I think cost isn't included in "effect".
    "609.1. An effect is something that happens in the game as a result of a spell or ability. When a spell, activated ability, or triggered ability resolves, it may create one or more one-shot or continuous effects. Static abilities may create one or more continuous effects. Text itself is never an effect."
    - https://mtg.gamepedia.com/Effects

or you can make Unflinching only say (Effects that say "tap" don't tap this creature.), and add normal vigilance.
  • @Tomigon - Alright, sounds good. I would rather have the second version of Unflinching. That way it wouldn't be a superior version of Vigilance.

One more question, though. If you're casting a creature with Unflinching and an opponent has an effect which makes your creatures enter the battlefield tapped, does Unflinching prevent that creature from entering the battlefield tapped or no?
  • edited December 2017
    @TenebrisNemo
    This is the wording you'd be looking for then.

Benefits:
    1) Costs still work.
    2) Creature enters the battlefield untapped.
    3) Follows similar format to WotC cards, while implementing the other version.

Unflinching (Effects other than costs don't cause this creature to become tapped.)
  • @modnation675 - Alright, thanks a ton! I'll try that keyword out very soon.

Now here's an entry for a change. Haha.

• @TenebrisNemo
    I think it enters the battlefield untapped.
    Creatures doesn't enters the battlefield with -1/-1 counters on it if you control Melira, Sylvok Outcast.
  • edited December 2017
    [EDITED]

For clarity, I'd suggest this wording:
    Unflinching (This creature can't become tapped except to cast spells, activate abilities, or attack.)
  • edited December 2017
    @Faiths_Guide
    Edit: Actually go with a compromise between the two, I forgot that nothing specified convoke as a cost.
  • @modnation675
    I think if WoTC were to utilize such a mechanic, they'd word it as I did (or very close) so as to be easiest for players to grasp.
  • edited December 2017
    Oh, but if you wanted it to tap when attacking, mine would not work.

Fixed above ^
  • @modnation675, @Faiths_Guide
    Did you read my comment? We can know that cost is not effect from the rule 609.1. So I think Unflinching just can say (Effects that say "tap" don't tap this creature.)
  • @Tomigon
    Yes, I did. But I didn't memorize the comment. What if you want to pay a cost of an opponent's spell's effect though.

Also I made a planeswalker and would be thankful if you can give your feedback on it.

• @modnation675
    If a card say "You may tap a creature you control", that tapping is your action and not the card's effect I guess. I don't know.

I'll go check your planeswalker.

Also everyone, this challenge ends in a few days!
  • @Tomigon
    I'm referring to "may" effects.
  • edited December 2017
    @Tomigon
    Hard to find in WotC's cards but similar to the following or the curse from Amonkhet, Link Address
  • edited December 2017
    @modnation675
    There are no tapping effect on cards in that link. They are all alternative cost. Tapping of that cost is your action. Not card's effect. I'll post the rule again.
    "609.1. An effect is something that happens in the game as a result of a spell or ability. When a spell, activated ability, or triggered ability resolves, it may create one or more one-shot or continuous effects. Static abilities may create one or more continuous effects. Text itself is never an effect."
    Cost is paid when you cast or activate spell or ability. Which means, cost is not effect.
  • edited December 2017
    @Tomigon
    I know. I meant the following, Link Address
This discussion has been closed.