Post your cards here, see what others think

Comments

• 1 phyrexian mana
  • edited December 2017

There aren't many cards that you can cast from exile, and so I thought to myself, wouldn't it just be A Demon that would offer such power to be able to do so. So I created this guy.
  • edited December 2017
    @Valoth
    Perhaps:
    "...you may cast cards you own in exile."
    is what you intended.
  • @Gelectrode
    It's a good idea. But to make it work, you'd have to remove the reminder text then perform some tweaking.

Similarly to how the following card had issues.
    -----
    To wrap a permanent it becomes a Gift creature in addition to its other types with base power and toughness each equal to its converted mana cost, except it's no longer an Aura while wrapped.

The permanent's abilities remain active as normal alongside all other aspects of the card. Unless stated otherwise.
    -----

• That being creatures can't be attached to other objects.
  • @Beydin13

I think that you should either cap it at two or three creatures, or you should bump the Mana cost up to five. That's just my opinion though. I'm far from great at balance.

https://mtgcardsmith.com/view/magmatic-hellkite

I felt that this would be a strange 'mutually assured destruction' card with interesting interactions with other things. What do you guys think?
  • edited December 2017
    @Faithsguide
    that would be a worthwhile edit to make sure that it does limit you to your own cards, hadn't really paid attention to that aspect, however if I change it to cards, I will likely include nonland in the description, because the key is for the exiting cards to be a drawback, at which point you could be losing lands as well, and since you can only cast nonland cards from exile, it validates it as a drawback instead of simply an increase in hand-size by allowing exile cards to be cast
  • edited December 2017
    Hey guys! It's been awhile, so I forgot how to balance. It would be great if you could tell me if this card does a good job at being powerful, without being too intensely OP. Thanks!
  • @Cyndi4U

I think it might be a bit broken, specifically the last ability. Every turn, your tramplers, your Merfolk, your fliers, and almost everything with evasion gets bigger. I see no use for the other three activated abilities unless I'm in a board stall, which just makes this more powerful. That's just my opinion, though. Like all opinions, my opinion is wrong.

https://mtgcardsmith.com/view/val-naktur-khalgut-emperor

I'm having trouble balancing three-colour cards. I get that they're harder to cast, which lets you get away with more things, but I'm not sure how much more I can get away with. Originally, this guy cost one of each Esper colour. Would that be passable, or is that too much too early? Any help is greatly appreciated.
  • Been trying to experiment with different ideas.

https://mtgcardsmith.com/view/battlefield-chef?list=user

Would love feedback.
  • @ThyMaster, I am not 100% sure how to format your idea, but I think "prevent all combat damage that would be dealt to target creature" works the same way, just less messy.

Awesome flavor text too!

Thoughts?
    https://mtgcardsmith.com/view/skarrg-pillager
  • @Gelectrode
    If you prevent damage, will that apply to the damage that has already been dealt?
    Thanks for the help!
  • @Gelectrode

I really like the concept there. It's a strange little group hug, with just a small smack to the face attached. I find it more ironic than anything, and I find it very interesting. The only thing that I would change is the mana cost--perhaps to 2RR? Either way, nice work.
  • @ThyMaster

It would be much more balanced without flash. Or, if you keep the flash, add an extra cmc. With this, you can flash it in as a surprise blocker and ensure that you have something above curve on turn two. It's far from broken, but RR to flash in a 3/3 with what is essentially Echo seems a bit powerful.
  • @NokiSkaur Noted. Thanks for the feedback!

I've been waiting to make this card for a while, just finally found an at least generally suitable artwork for it.

To start, I understand that it's a pretty OP equipment if you can get it cast, which is intended, because of how powerful these things were described as. Just wanted to see what other people thought of it and if others felt it fit the lore for them.
  • @Valoth I really like the idea. I dont know anything about the lore of it but I'm pretty sure Tezzeret wants me to put that in my deck :) ....I can see it now. Grand Architect as Tezzeret's man servant helping him put this thing on. After Master Transmuter fetches it out of the closet of course. Lol
    But seriously though, maybe a little OP. Also, what is Emulate?
  • I feel like I totally miffed the casting cost on this card and it doesn't feel right at mythic...thoughts?

• @jabrewer79 That feels like way too high of a drawback for that effect. You might gain the exact card you are searhing for (if) it is a sorcery or instant, but you don't get it into your hand so you can't use it per automatic. Also you still need to cast for its cost and your opponents will have two turns to prepare for whatever it is you have searched for, or just save mana for a counterspell.

So I'm at my 498th and 499th card now, two of my main characters.
    Any thoughts?

image image
  • edited December 2017
    @jabrewer79 Emulate is an ability I made specifically for the equipment, as it was described that the Titan Engines "Emulated" to the Planeswalkers, as in they took on somewhat of their characteristics, so I saw it as a fitting version of Equip for the card. And the lore, the reason they are so OP, is because these things were so large and powerful that they were described as being able to crush entire swaths of armies with just a step. There were 9 of them created by Urza for the war against the Phyrexians.

Also I mentioned it in the comments on the card page itself, but I didn't want to make it Legendary due to the fact that there were 9 of them, so I wanted it to be able to have multiple on the battlefield, and in fact wanted to include the ability "You can have up to 9 Titan Engines in your deck" but per formatting limitations it would not fit.
  • edited December 2017
    @Jonteman93 Ya, I'm gonna go back and edit it. Way too much for one card on top of your library...thanks.

I really like Angelina. Some grammatical stuff....I think.
    "....dealt to permanents you control >is< dealt to you instead. If a permanent you control would be destroyed this turn, you lose life equal to is converted mana cost instead."

@Valoth I see. I'll have to do some reading on it, sounds very cool. Emulate is still confusing the way it's worded, I think you can just leave out the word "equip". Maybe...
    Emulate 5 (Attach this to a planeswalker you control. Emulate only as a sorcery.)
    Hows this card look?
  • edited December 2017
    I have been a member of this site for a year today.
    Also i have today created 500 cards.
    As my 500th card i decided to create the first of the ethereal cards and my "real" antagonist of the plane of Hevitos.
    The ethereal cards are the most powerful creatures i have.
    So any thoughts about it? way too powerful? too high total cost?
    I appreciate your feedback if you have any.

oh and the ability.
    Ethereal - treat this creature as it does not exist except it can attack, block, deal damage and be tapped to activate abilities.
    Is the ability correctly worded? Zulkaorom is supposed to be only removeable if its controller or the controlled player is defeated.
    That is, only its controller may be able to more or less interact with him except for sacrificing him. destroy him or target him.

• edited December 2017

I'm working on a Supremacy cycle, similar to the Ascendancies in Khans. This is the first entry in the cycle. Is the edict effect too powerful? Is the repeatable effect too powerful given the scrying subtheme in Esper Zombies? Any help is greatly appreciated.
  • @NokiSkaur, I actually think it is too underpowered. Sacrificing two creatures is a tough price for 3 life and your opponent's worst creature dead, and the ability seems pretty hard to activate consistently.

Thoughts?
    https://mtgcardsmith.com/view/couriers-connections
This discussion has been closed.