Crank It Up Contest - Unstable (Ongoing)

2»

Comments

This should look great once it's in the full border... :)

Here is a slightly more serious one.

Link to art: https://www.artstation.com/artwork/o255L
    Unfortunately the image is wide not tall, if I find a replacement I'll change it.
  • The long-awaited reveal of the full art versions of my cards. They all have custom watermarks and set-symbols. Special thanks to @ningyounk for putting these in the contraption border.

First, Porg-Borg Assimilator!

Notice the Porg watermark :). I couldn't decide whether to post the version with or without flavor text. I think the version with only rules text looks cleaner, but I also feel that a lot of the story is in the flavor text. @modnation675 if you need me to choose only one version to enter, I will pick the flavor-text free version, but I feel that they both have merit.

I keep seeing these Porg that are also Borg photoshoped images online.

I thought it would be hilariously funny if one of my contraptions made Porg-Borgs. Every time you crank this contraption, another Porg is assimilated.

Resistance is Futile.

Next, Reassembler!

I wanted to make a more serious contraption, since people generally don't tend to favor card that don't have a more generic fantasy feel to them (for some reason I can't figure out). I thought it would be cool to make a contraption that lets you reassemble other contraptions, so here we are!

Finally, The Ultimate Weapon of Mass Destruction that is Shirtless Kylo Ren!

Has anyone else seen the shirtless kylo/ "Ben Swolo" memes around the interenet these last couple of weeks?

Actually, a meme inspired the card!

Basically, I wanted to capture the raw, untamed power of Shirtless Kylo Ren. With that Skywalker Blood, The Ultimate Weapon of Mass Destruction that is Shirtless Kylo Ren can be just as scary as a turn four emrakul, provided you have a creature or planeswalker that isn't wearing a shirt in it's art. Otherwise, The Ultimate Weapon of Mass Destruction that is Shirtless Kylo Ren will be weak like his father.

I also made a custom first order watermark. The name goes further than the actually card frame has space for, but I though that an Un-themed challenge should have some Un-beleivable design choices.

I hope you all like them.
  • Is Jace Cunning Castaway not wearing a shirt?
  • https://mtgcardsmith.com/view/sampler-of-keyword-soup
    Can somebody find art of a person eating soup for this? I couldn’t find good enough art.

Here is my last entry for this contest and to @ningyounk can you please do yuor magical work to this card also.
    here is the link to the art: https://www.deviantart.com/art/They-busted-a-joint-there-671739435
  • @TezzeretofCarmot21 What I usually do in this case is go to https://www.deviantart.com/, search for a keyword that is not too narrow (in this case "Soup") and then apply the filters "Digital Art" and "Drawings and Paintings" :)
    Obviously, you'll find more art if you think a little outside the box for the keywords. In this case, "Cauldron" is a good one as well because if there's a cauldron, someone may be sampling it in the art ^^

Here are just two of many arts I found this way:

• @Dechujoh64 Here's your last entry :)

@ningyounk, could you work your magic?
  • @MagicChess Sorry I can't find the art, the artist name may not be right :/ I need a link to the original image for this one ^^
  • edited January 2018
    @MagicChess @ningyounk
    Art.

By: Erlan Arya (AKA erlanarya)
    on DeviantArt
  • Thanks @Faiths_Guide ! So it was indeed a problem with the artist name ^^

@MagicChess Abracadabra :)

• Well these entries look great.

I think I'm gonna close the contest in about three hours.
  • @ningyounk, @Faiths_Guide
    I looked at the card and realized that "arya" had autocorrected to "area." XD
  • edited January 2018
    Contest is closed for entries. The results will be posted in the next few hours.
  • The results of the contest are as follows.

Placing:
    1)
    Scrapyard Robot by @sanjaya666
    2) Sir Mount by @Faiths_Guide
    3) Reclaiming Gadget by @TheCenterOfTheUniverse

imageimageimage

For prizes information, click here.
  • Congratulations to all the winners! I particularly liked Sir-Mount by Faiths_Guide! Scrapyard Robot looked amazing as a Contraption and Reclaiming Gadget is a must have for other Contraption cards. You did a good job judging modnation675!
  • @Swegboss12
    Couldn't resist the flowers in the robot's artwork. XD
  • edited January 2018
    @modnation675 Indeed. XD
  • edited January 2018
    @modnation675 Oh wow, thank you very much, b0ss. Nyehehehehehe!

I don't really care much about the likes, but my gratitude for the premium subscription.

Haha!
  • @modnation675 And if I can choose, the honorable mention would be then @MagicChess with his Makeshift Kaboomer.

(I don't really know how to judge though, lol.)
  • @sanjaya666, thanks! :) Great job with Scrapyard Robot. I love the Soulflayer/Cairn Wanderer reference
    @modnation675, favorite any card of mine, please!
  • Ooh cool, congrats other @Winners! Thanks for the contest @modnation675.

Fave whatever you like :)
  • Congrats to all other @Winners!
    @modnation675 Thanks for the contest, you can favorite any cards you like
This discussion has been closed.