VENDETTA: Battle of Xalys!

Comments

• @Decaldor Truly a piece of poetry worthy of the gods. The only poet that can rival that is the Great God Teusret, who says...
    Double bump.
  • "Quit fooling around! You're gods, not children!"

You of all people should know that we are the only gods worthy of the status.

"Two heads are better than one."
  • "I'll have you know that I created you, and I could-"
    Oh be quiet, Grandfather Chaos. Last time you were mad, the Great Cataclysm occured. Don't get mad at the twins...
  • A certain demon facepalms.

"How in the name of...them, did they get to be gods in the first place. And who thought it was a great idea?"
  • "Well... They may be divine beings, but this is just... childish... But then again, what right do I have to judge the gods?"
  • Grandfather Chaos has taken over my grandson, Teusret. I will... GRAAAAH
    *proceeds to violently disembowel all who oppose him*
  • @TezzeretofCarmot21, Ummm... Does that mean I'm dead now for that comment?
  • No... he meant the demon. Who has regenerating powers. You're safe... for now. *ominous stare*
    *overuse of asterisks*
  • edited October 2017
    @TheClayKnight, lol. That is the perfect use for that quote.
  • @captain_Pugsley both Divine Shove and Rushing Wave use it pretty well I think.
  • edited October 2017
    I feel like the action has died from this discussion. I personally would like a short background piece again, but this time one that fits character's personalities.
    All in favor, say "Aye"
  • edited October 2017
    @22cjohnson, "Aye"!
  • edited October 2017
    https://mtgcardsmith.com/view/vaartahl-the-watcher

I forgot about her.

"We all did."

Aren't you ashamed?

"No. She has long since forgotten who she serves."
  • @NokiSkaur "who an serves" .... uh?
  • @TheClayKnight

(I've been on mobile for months. I'm sorry.)
  • Twelve Years Ago
    "Get that out of my sight!"
    Tony pointed at the enormous glowing sigil carved into the cliff near his house.
    "What? How am I s'posed to remove that?" questioned Gio.
    "You obviously carved it in!" Tony sighed, then shouted again.
    "It's glowing blue. You're the town runesmith, you ought to know what this is!"
    Gio sighed, stepping out onto the porch. The portly runesmith looked around the town, the jungle surrounding it, the blue mottled white sky.
    He turned around.
    "Look, Tony, I carve runes to ward off reanimates, to cure ills, to help grow crops. That? That's a prophecy rune - an overlarge one, too."
    "Oh really? What does it say?"
    "Damndest thing - could've sworn it says..." Gio squinted. "Um...it says...TEN YEARS."
    The booming voice of Gontan, the god of the sea, combined with Gio's voice.
    Tony backed up. "That was..."
    "...freaky," replied Gio.

Two Years Ago
    Tony and Gio were dragged down to the beach by Mother Anita, their resident runemaster. The rune has glowed purple, an unnatural, evil, deadly-looking purple. Now, the rune read THIRTEEN DAYS.
    "If what you said is true, we need to call Gontan."
    Tony said a quick prayer - "Oh Gontan Gontan, this call heed, in our greatest time of need."
    An enormous SPLASH, and Gontan leapt out of the sea.
    What do you require, mortals?
    "What is... that rune?"
    Anita motioned towards it.
    I will see.
    Gontan reached downwards, then snapped his arm up and gasped.
    I am sorry, my faithful.
    "Why?" asked Tony.
    I die today.
    "No one can kill a god!" scoffed Gio.
    Believe me. Please believe in me even after I die.
    "I don't believe you!" screamed Anita. "You will never die!"
    Even gods have mortality. Gontan shook his head sadly.
    Gontan reached out towards the corrupted rune.
    Tony realized what he was going to do, and what was going to happen.
    Gontan's hand gripped his trident. As it did, Tony screamed "NO!"
    The rune glowed pink as the mighty god was destroyed. He screamed - a scream that shook the very fabric of Xalys itself.
    The god's trident glowed blue. As he fell, his power drained, he dropped the trident.
    Tony ran out into the ocean, screaming a quick counterspell at the impending weapon falling towards the ocean. The arcane energy crashed into the trident, which seemed to absorb the magic and - was it glowing?
    The trident crashed.
    An enormous wave was born into the world. It quickly encroached an entire fleet of pirates loitering in the harbor and kept on going. The trident began to - shrink?- and Gontan's body began to fall.
    Tony splashed through the quickly rising waters. He reached shore, glimpsed Anita and Gio running away, and formulated a plan. The water was rising, three miles out from shore, now two - and another wave from the god's corpse - chaos - where was the trident?
    He quickly jumped into a a boat, and as the water encroached the road, he paddled quickly towards the path over the mountain.
    He heard screaming, saw Gio and Anita and the whole town drowning, drowning in the waters.
    He knew he was going to make it, laughed, laughed in happiness that he would survive, when he heard a whistling, like an arrow flying.
    He turned slightly, and the shrunken trident pierced his hull. Tony picked it up, felt its dagger-like texture.
    Tony turned to the sky and screamed as the water began to bubble into his hull. He jumped out of the boat and tried to swim. The second wave hit, smacking him over the head with a board. He grabbed it, dazed, when the trident pierced his shoulder.
    Tony Kratchna screamed and screamed, until he was finally dragged under.

One Year Ago
    The sailor sailed his ship down the western coast, to the town of Coralpike. Legend said the ancient god Gontan resided there. He needed to consult with Gontan about something.
    He sailed down past the cliffs of Yakut, past the sea monster Gharajamakana, past everything until he had reached the quiet southeast coast.
    The town of Coralpike was devastated. It looked as if an enormous wave had swept in from the mountains, scattering everything out to sea. Bloated bodies surrounded the untouched shrine to Gontan in the middle of town, and wandering zombies and tapped leylines clued in that necromancers had practiced here. And several new islands that hadn't been shown on the maps had popped up.
    He stared, shaking his head at the devastation. He shouted in rapid Xalyi at the wheelmen, who quickly relayed the message. It reminded him of an old Xalyi folk song he'd loved as a kid.
    He began to sing as they steered towards land.
    "Sailor, sailor, heading out to sea..."
    They dropped lash lines to starboard. The sailor grabbed an old belt and descended the lash line triple-quick. He landed with a THUMP on shore and drew his cutlass warily.
    "When you come home, will you marry me?..."
    The sailor, who cut through hordes of zombies like fire through woods, found a profane symbol on the ground. He touched it, and the dark magic scorched his finger. He fell backwards as a plume of black smoke drifted upwards.
    "Sailor, sailor, I would take my life..."
    The sailor ran through ruined streets, through bloated corpses and broken houses. He ran into the shrine to Gontan, kneeled on the altar, and said Gontan's prayer.
    "...if I never get to be your wife."
    Out of the sea came an enormous rumbling. The ship quickly maneuvered out of the way as Gontan's dessicated body rose out of the sea.
    WHAT DO YOU WANT, MORTAL?
    "Sailor, sailor, going back to sea.."
    The sailor cleared his throat and began to speak when a tentacle of water shot at him. He dodged narrowly, and as he ran, he saw a dagger sticking out of a sightless man's throat. The dagger glowed the blue that Gontan allegedly had before he died.
    Now he glowed a sickly purple.
    "...When I come home, promise to love me..."
    The sailor grabbed the dagger out of the frowning corpse's neck and dodged another one of the god's assaults. He ran towards the boat when the god raised his hands back into the air and prepared to smash him.
    "Sailor, sailor, know that I love you..."
    The sailor suddenly knew what to do. He grabbed his dagger and threw it high.
    "...And I pray that you will love me too."
    Gontan screamed as the dagger pierced his throat.
    The sailor ran down to shore. He quickly shimmied up the line and onto the ship as an earthquake was born.
    On their way out of the port, the sailor grabbed a line, affixed it to the rail, and grabbed the shining dagger out of Gontan's throat. He swooped back and landed on the deck. He shimmied up the rigging as the crew dashed about, trying to repair the ship.
    In the crow's nest, the sailor grabbed his map. He added Coralhelm and Gontan's Cove onto the map, before doing a quick spyglass check and revising it.
    Alon Lyk grabbed his new dagger, zipped down to the deck and prepared to seize the day.

I hope this story goes better than my first one.
  • Can anyone join?
  • @HeroKP

"Anyone may join our fight, child."

Conditionally.

"Devotion to us will bring prosperity..."

And heresy will be punished.

"Welcome to the family..."
  • @NokiSkaur Ok, I guess? But I am fighting on the "brains" side, so I will technically be against you. Don't take it personally, please.
  • BTW, that poetry is the best
  • https://mtgcardsmith.com/view/klahken-the-arcane-machine

Ok, I'll join the fight right up with a black card, it will make sure to destroy all you pesky red-greens! (No offence)
  • Archpriest of the Klariika temple: This has to work! There is no way we will survive the war against Noki/Saur without the cyborf!

Monk: But all the books said that we needed to sacrifice bear blood!

Archpriest: You, idiot! Where are we going to find bears on this mountain?!

Monk: But I don't think a beaver was a suitable replacement.

Archpriest: It will all be fine, see I already grew the egg, now all I need to do, is gently-

*WHOSDHG>>AAH-MTUURSHUUL>>>?:LAGRIPREY>>EAT>DESTROYY*
  • sorry, cyborg
  • edited January 2018
    (Wot the flip is this mess of a story btw...)
  • edited January 2018
    @sanjaya666

(I don't think anyone remembers.)
This discussion has been closed.