Mechanix Challenge - Twenty Four - **Circuit Challenge**

84 years ago, @Tomigon, @MrRansom, @AustinSmith and @Corwinnn started a project called TheMechanix. Now, its secret is revealed. It is where we organize all custom keyword mechanics posted to Mechanic Encyclopedia for ALL.

For Mechanix Challenge - Twenty Four
We would like you to choose a custom keyword mechanic from THIS SET: http://mtgcardsmith.com/user/TheMechanix/sets/26444
and make an incredible card that uses it.

In Mechanix Challenge Twenty Four, the focus is on Keyword Abilities -Activated
Mechanix Challenge - Twenty Four features mechanics from @touchstone, @Tomigon, @Mila, @fabiocbinbutter, @Faiths_Guide, @dhaken, @Revotor, @Decaldor, @Creeper333_, @Cryptonight, @Cyborgskeleton and @AustinSmith.

CRITERIA
Presentation, art selection, templating, spelling, balance, usefulness and flavor.

Limit of TWELVE entries max per person. New cards Only!
Deadline in 2 weeks: February 5th
*Top 3 winners will get a super amazing -TROPHY- and be added to -HALL OF FAME- !

This is also a Circuit Challenge for Season 1!
1st place - 1 Circuit Point
2nd place - 3/4 Circuit Point
3rd place - 1/2 Circuit Point
Honorable Mentions - 1/4 Circuit Point

Comments

• Counterattack by touchstone (modified by TheMechanix)
    Counterattack N - [Cost] ([Cost], {t}: The next N damage that a source of your choice would deal to this creature this turn is dealt to target creature or player instead.)

Zazen by Tomigon
    Zazen [Cost] ([Cost], {t}: This creature doesn't untap during your next untap step. At the beginning of your next upkeep, draw a card.)

Auracycling by Tomigon
    Auracycling [Cost] ([Cost], Discard this card: Search your library for an Aura card with the same converted mana cost as this card, reveal it, and put it into your hand. Then shuffle your library.)

Grave Ninjutsu by Mila
    Grave Ninjutsu [Cost] ([Cost], Return an unblocked attacker you control to hand:
    Put this card onto the battlefield from your graveyard tapped and attacking.)

Switcharoo by fabiocbinbutter (Modified by TheMechanix)
    Switcharoo [Cost] ([Cost], {t}: {this creature}and target attacking creature each become a copy of the other until end of turn.)

Lurk by Faiths_Guide
    Lurk [Cost] ([Cost], Exile this creature: At the beginning of your next combat phase, put this creature onto the battlefield tapped and attacking. It can't be blocked until end of turn. Activate this ability only during combat.)

Immunity by dhaken (modified by TheMechanix)
    Immunity [Cost] ([Cost]: Remove a -1/-1 counter from this creature.)

Teleport by Revotor
    Teleport [Cost] ([Cost]: Exile this creature, then return it to the battlefield under its owner's control. You can't activate this ability if this creature entered the battlefield this turn.)

Burrow by Decaldor
    Burrow [Cost] ([Cost]: Until your next turn, this creature becomes burrowed and can't be blocked except by other burrowed creatures. Activate this ability only during your upkeep.)

Treacherous by Creeper333_
    Treacherous [Cost] ([Cost], Sacrifice another creature: Target player gains control of this creature.)

Relicbind by Cryptonight and Cyborgskeleton
    Relicbind [cost] ([cost], Exile this card from your hand: When target noncreature artifact is destroyed, put this card from exile onto the battlefield under that artifact's controller's control.)
    NOTE: http://forums.mtgcardsmith.com/discussion/comment/25475/#Comment_25475

Recycling by AustinSmith
    Recycling [Cost] ([Cost], Exile this card from your graveyard: Draw a card.)
  • edited January 2018
  • I remember Relicbind and making couple cards for that. Shame it’s only new cards.
  • Oh, I totally forgot about this mechanic of mine o_O. Nice to find it here.
  • @Corwinnn Oh great. I already used the name "Lurking Atrociraptor" in a past challenge. I guess I will have to call this one "Dwelling Atrociraptor" just to confuse people.

(I hope at least someone gets the joke XD)
  • edited January 2018
    Entry 1:

• edited January 2018
    imageimage
  • Oh hey, one of my mechanics made it into this challenge! That's neat. Maybe I'll have to enter something "new" lol
  • edited January 2018
    Rulings
    If you play an instant or sorcery spell face-down and activate the Lurk ability, the card is permanently exiled.

If you play a noncreature artifact or enchantment face down and activate the Lurk ability, I believe it will still come back from exile, but it won't be tapped and attacking.

A creature entering the battlefield from exile whilst lurking will cause Enter the Battlefield abilities to trigger. Cast triggers and turned face up triggers will not.
  • edited January 2018
    Entry 2:

• edited January 2018
    Entry... 1?

Hmmmmm

EDIT:

Entry 2. Fancy that.

EDIT 2:

Entry three? I might have to start using coloured text again.

• Just a shoutout, but the link to the set actually leads to one of a past contest. Will be entering soon!
  • edited January 2018
    Entry 1:
  • edited January 2018
    Here is my take on recycling !

• Man, I really wanted to make a cycling recycler. I guess everyone else had the same idea XD
  • edited January 2018
  • edited January 2018

If i could get some formatting help to make my cards pictures with clickable links, I'd appreciate it.

• edited January 2018

His contemplation upon the world and himself allows him to see all, including danger. I felt the card was better without flavour text. It's more understated this way.
  • edited January 2018
    Entry 2:
  • I do not grant you three wishes, I grant you three nightmares.
  • How do you post images?
  • edited January 2018
    Oh well
  • edited February 2018
  • edited January 2018
    @Corwinnn @Cryptonight @Cyborgskeleton I was going to make a Relicbind card, but I don't love the way the mechanic is worded. I think it should read:

Relicbind [cost] ([cost], Exile this card from your hand: When target noncreature artifact is put into a graveyard from the battlefield, put this card from exile onto the battlefield under that artifact's controller's control.)

Right now, the mechanic only works if someone actually destroys the artifact with a spell or ability. With my wording, it also works if you sacrifice the artifact. This allows for more fun and interesting gameplay in my opinion, since it allows you to build your deck around the relicbind card for value rather than having it be a burden (i.e. having to mainboard artifact destruction just to cast relicbind things.)

Should make for some fun interactions. Entry 2.
This discussion has been closed.