Iron Smith

The time has come once again to answer life's most magical question: Who's smithing reigns supreme. This is Iron Smith!

A delectable Japanese tradition has taken root on MTGcardsmith community forums soil. We have been graced with the establishment of our very own Smithing Stadium, where our nimble chairman has brought together the most pungent card designs of both east and west. It is here, where the best of the best from around the world meet and face the ultimate card design challenge.

So please allow me to introduce a veritable pantheon of cardsmithing giants, your very own Iron smiths MTGCardsmith community forums!

REDACTED

In mere moments, one Iron Smith will be pitted against our challenger, who thirsts to discover our secret ingredient, and enter the heat of battle here in smithing stadium.

Today's challenger is...

Wait whats that. No one has qualified for the competition yet? Well bother. I guess we will have to change that!

What is Iron Smith?

Iron Smith is a competition that puts a "challenger" (that's one of you!) against one of 5 Iron Smiths in a 1v1 cardmaking battle to the death. In each battle, smiths will be designing a specified amount of cards (Between 3-5) based on a certain theme. Each competition will be one week long. Iron Smiths and Challengers won't know who they are facing beforehand.

Can I be an Iron Smith?

The MTGCS community members who will be Iron Smiths have already been hand-selected. You will be competing for a chance to battle against one of them.

So then who are these Iron Smiths?

Thats a secret! Don't worry, you will all find out in due time!

How do I qualify to be a challenger?

That's what this contest is all about. There are 5 open challenger slots currently. To qualify as a challenger, my crack team of Iron Smiths and I want to see a brand new card. It can be any kind of card you like, but it has to be made specifically for the Iron Smith Qualifier. We will be looking for card originality, functionality, elegance, templating, wording and art selection. Having a flavorful card would be nice too, but we want to focus more on design quality than flavor for this round. Only one entry per Smith

When is my submission due?

Thursday, February 1st at 11:59 CST.

What happens if I qualify?

You will get three things for qualifying.

#1: A chance to battle one of our Iron Smiths in a 1v1 Cardsmithing duel.
#2: A -TROPHY- and a spot in the -HALL OF FAME- at the conclusion of your battle.
#3: 2 favorites on cards of your choice.

After you qualify, you will be sent a message to chose your week for the battle.

After all of that, what happens if I defeat an Iron Smith?

Other than the aforementioned-TROPHY- and spot in the -HALL OF FAME-, you will be given a one-month premium subscription, courtesy of @Modnation675!

So now MTGCardsmith, with an open heart and an empty deckbox, I say unto you in the words of my uncle: 'Allez Cardsmithing!'

Comments

This discussion has been closed.