Hi

Comments

• edited February 2018
    Sun and moon had some good stuff...but they really need to work on changing the competitve meta...#garchomp sweeps

Except against pachirisu
  • RB or Grixis pirate control. With 2 lightning strikes, rekindling phoenix, twilight prophet, and chupacabra, that pool is quite good.
  • Don't forget the reaver ambush!
  • Hello. I'm probably going to say some random things on here when I'm lonely. Ignore me if you want--half of what I say is meant to make no sense. Don't forget to have a very many.
  • Anyone play EDH commander?
  • edited February 2018
    Same here. I was gonna make a zur deck. But realized I need to look for a WBG commander to better match playstyles.

I originally wanted to make a creature centric Zur deck.

• @sorinjace, That's almost all I play... Our lgs has an amazing playgroup, though.
  • edited February 2018
    Ive been playing mtg arena and as of now its only ixalan block which is dominated by tribal ... all tribe works but its just not fun to play ... i tryed crap decks with revel in riches as a win-con but its legit unplayable XD you get destroyed in about 4-5 turn

what would you play in IXA block constructed. i have almost evry card

• edited February 2018
    @icyyou: I've played mono red (very unlike me) on Arena and I've had a fair amount of success with it. It may not be the strongest, but it doesn't have any horrid matchups, the removal is good, and it is fairly consistent.
  • @sorinjace I do too! I have an Intet Dragons
  • Personally, I believe the best Standard card is Master Trinketer. My thopter deck is in the top three standard decks in my playgroup.
    On the topic of EDH, I think it is the best format ever (well, either that or cube). I play five color walls, a Phalddagrif deck with no win cons, and a dumb Mizzix combo deck.
  • edited February 2018
    I have a lot of commanders
    My brother has a joke deck with Azami with the quote “prepare your Salomi for Azami”
    (Spelling)
  • I have several Commander decks, my friends talk about the Scarab God deck, Avacyn, Angel of Hope deck and Ezuri, Claw of Progress (I made the ezuri deck an infect pump-up deck) the most of all my decks I have. I'm most fond of the Scarab God deck though, it won me about 14 booster packs and I scored a Nicol Bolas, God-Pharaoh and a Jace, Cunning Castaway out of those packs. It was a good tournament. My friend Allen (on here he is MurkKnight5) got that many booster packs as well and got the same exact planeswalkers as I did in that pull. weird, but cool.
  • Niv Mizzet, the Firemind was my first commander and he remains my best of three commander decks. Drawing cards to deal damage is super effective!
  • edited February 2018
    My wife, @Aryanf on here, wants a Niv Mizzet commander deck! @East2West do you got any suggestions for her?
  • @sorinjace
    @East2West
    I had a Niv Mizzet deck. My advice would be to put in as many wheel effects and the like in as possible.
  • would there be more instants/sorceries in a Niv Mizzet deck than creatures?
  • edited February 2018
    *cough cough* Riku *cough*
    @sorinjace depend if you are going for control or card draw.
    if you are going for control then yea more instants and sorceries I would say, but...
    if you are going for card draw then more stuff like creatures and enchantments that draw you cards over multiple turns (also on that point if the deck is supposed to be card draw I suggest Nekusaur, the Mindrazer)
    If you give him lifelink then every time an opponent draws a card you gain life
  • @sorinjace
    I would say so. You don’t really won’t to go swinging into the red zone.
    @DoctorFro
    Who needs zombie wizards when they can have the glorious ruler of the Izzet league as their commander?
  • But u can’t give Niz Mizzet lifelink now can youu
  • edited February 2018
    @DoctorFro, Actually, I think you can. That and Niv Mizzet can deal damage to creatures. Therefore, with a Basilisk Collar, he not only gains you life whenever you draw a card, but can also off a non-indestructible creature. Don't get me wrong, Nekusar is still amazing, but I just thought I should point that out.
  • Oh thanks I forgot about equipment...lol
  • i have about 18 commander deck XD my first (and most expensive of them) was mayael.

here we go XD
    Mayael the anima
    Meren of clan nel toth
    kanaios and tiro of meletis
    rammos dragon engin
    the ur dragon
    inala archmage ritualist
    edgar markov
    Arabo roar of the world
    ydirs maelstrom wielder
    krphix god of horizons
    Daxos the returned
    Prime speaker zegana
    oloro sleepless ascetic (can switch to sen trioplets to acomodate balist)
    niv mizzet the firemind
    prosh skyraider of kherr
    and others but those are incomplete or just out of the box commander product with sleeve i dont bother playing for now.

to those sating almost all of them are from commander product, first gj you noticed! and yes i buy all commander eddition evryyear and build from them but after about 3 months almot no cards remain from the starter deck (ecept ur dragon which is mostly complete out of the box apart from about 10-15 card)

my FAVORITES are kanaios and tiro for multiplayer and rammos dragon engine for 1v1 (very combo oriented list) and mayael is my swag deck ... biggest/timmyest creatures of magic all foils, all the manabase is done including duals (land arent foils sadly im not millionnaire XD) and the deck is fierce !! some orginal artist altered notably on mayael, wrath of god and a signed original garruk wildspeaker.

#WallOfText
  • I play:
    Karador
    Edgar Markov
    Riku
    Balan (voltron)
    Queen Marchesa (board wipes)
    Atraxa
    Darien, King of Kjeldor
    Neheb, (lol) the mana powerhouse
    I think that is it I will edit if anymore...my favorite is definetly Karador
  • I've messed around with a bunch of random stuff. My current four are Rashmi, Zurgo, The Locust God, and the Shattergang Brothers.
  • Opinions on modern unbanings?
  • @Tigersol

Bloodbraid Elf never should have been banned, Jace never should have been unbanned.
This discussion has been closed.