Custom action keyword challenge (Part 2)

In this challenge, I'd like you to make cards with your new custom action keyword!

CRITERIA
Presentation, art selection, templating, spelling, balance, usefulness, creativity and flavor.

*Your custom action keywords must be new.
*No limit of entries.
*Top 3 winners will get a super amazing -TROPHY- and added to -HALL OF FAME-!
*I'm going to add all action keywords posted to this thread to Mechanic Encyclopedia for ALL, and use them in future Mechanix Challenges.

Deadline in 1 week: March 9

Ok, GO!!!

Comments

• edited March 2018
    @Tomigon
    Does every card a unique smith makes need to use the same custom keyword?
  • @Faiths_Guide
    You can make any number of custom keywords, and you can make any number of cards that use them.
  • Personally I want to see the opposite mechanic of proliferate; It removes a counter from permanents of your choice.
  • Something like this?

Lessen (You choose any number of permanents and/or players with counters on them, then remove a counter from each.)
  • @Tomigon - I'll create a card with it right away!
  • edited March 2018
    @Tomigon - Would it sound better if it was written like this?

Lessen (You remove a counter from any number of target permanents and/or players.)

Edit: Here it is!

• edited March 2018
    This card is all about the "Winning"
    and it has a new mechanic I thought up of last night called: Meandering
    (Creatures you control have meandering. At the beginning of your upkeep you may move any number of +1/+1 counter from any creature you control to any other creature you control.) and yes it gives all creatures you control Meandering, because if they don't then you can move a +1/+1 counter from it or onto it. it's like a Forgotten Ancient or Giant Fan for everything you control.
  • edited March 2018
    A double-faced card, 2nd entry:

imageimage
  • @Dechujoh64

Hahaha congrats! You are the first person who confused keyword ability with action keyword in this challenge! XD It's ok, I've seen many people do that in the previous challenge.

According to wiki,
    "A keyword action is a word or words, usually a verb, that substitutes for a piece of rules text."

So if I would change your Meandering mechanic to action,
    -----------
    At the beginning of your upkeep, Peregrinate Tortosaur meanders. (Move any number of +1/+1 counters from target creature you control onto this creature.)
    -----------

• edited March 2018
    Challenge: Give these mechanics a name and make cards! You get a favorite from TheMechanix.

____ N (Look at the bottom N cards of your library, then put any number of them on the top of your library and the rest on bottom in any order.)
    ^Opposite of scry.

____ N (Choose a creature with the least toughness among creatures you don't control and put N -1/-1 counters on it.)
    ^Opposite of bolster.

____ N (Choose a card you own in exile with converted mana cost N or less and put it into your hand.)
  • edited March 2018
    How about:
    Wander (Put a random card from your library into you hand. Then you may shuffle your library.)

With filtering (like scry) you may know that you don't want the top card, so this could be a "better draw" in that situation. You wouldn't have to shuffle since you can fairly extract a random card from your library without altering anything or gaining information, but you'd be allowed to if you still didn't want the top card.

Wander because that's what the mind does.
  • edited March 2018
    @Faiths_Guide
    nice.
    It can say, (Shuffle your library, then draw a card.)
  • edited March 2018
    @Tomigon
    You get to ignore a card and choose whether or not to shuffle. Also, it wouldn't trigger cards that care when a player "draws" a card.

How about:
    Baffle N (Each opponent shuffles N cards at random from his or her hand into his or her library, then draws that many cards.)
  • @Faiths_Guide
    I get the point, but choosing a card from your library at random would be very awkward, especially when you know the top or bottom.

Baffle seems fun!
  • Sounds interesting. But I do admit that with the random feature, it generally can't go above two.
  • @Tomigon
    Oh, true, like when you'd put cards on bottom in any order.
  • @modnation675
    Random simply means "no player chooses" which.
  • edited March 2018
    @Faiths_Guide
    I think putting cards on bottom and choosing a card from your library at random is totally different. How do you imagine the card being chosen? If you have 20 cards in your library, we can roll twenty-sided die. But we don't have so many dices like 47-sided, 35-sided, 3-sided..

I think your mechanic can simply say (Shuffle your library, then draw a card.)
  • @Tomigon
    I meant that you were right and it would be difficult to be truly random if you had deck information.
  • edited March 2018
    @Faiths_Guide
    I meant so it doesn't hose combo too easily.
  • @Faiths_Guide
    Oh sorry lol
    Thanks for the ideas.
  • @modnation675
    Seems good for Grixis.
  • edited March 2018
    @Tomigon Would you still count the card with your version of meander. And also in the future if you were to use both of the meander/meandering keyword/action abilities? In a future mechanic contest? Sorry for such a confusing response.

I'll be fixing the card with your meander, tonight and replace it tomorrow when I get to the library.
  • edited March 2018
    @Dechujoh64
    Current version of Peregrinate Tortosaur doesn't uses custom action keyword, so it doesn't count. Sorry, you need to fix it or make another version if you want me to count it.
    Yeah, I'd love to add that mechanic to the future mechanic challenge.
  • edited March 2018
    This is a remake of my old card, but it uses the new keyword.

Bloom ____. (Until end of turn, whenever you tap _____ for mana, add
    one mana of any color to your mana pool in addition to the mana _____ produces.)
  • @Teacup
    As long as it uses the new mechanic, remake is ok! Very nice!
  • edited March 2018
    @Tomigon I took the middle one and named it Hindrance N.

Hindrance N (Choose a creature with the least toughness among creatures you don't control and put N -1/-1 counters on it.)
    or
    (This creature has)Hindrance N (Choose a creature with the least toughness among creatures you don't control and put N -1/-1 counters on it.)

I even made another massive tortosaur to have it.

I might change the name of the mechanic later on, though...
This discussion has been closed.