There's Gonna Be So Much Winning (Call for Judges!)

So in my last challenge I said that drawing cards is probably the most powerful thing you can do in a game of Magic. But do you know what's even more powerful? Winning! So I want you to create some cards that let you win the game (or cause an opponent to lose the game). Hopefully there'll be so many entries that I'll get tired of winning.

- Max three entries per smith
- One old card per smith is allowed but I'll give preference to new cards if I can't decide between them
- Cards must have a clause that says you win the game or that an opponent/player loses the game
- Deadline Friday 16th March
- Any rarity or card type (unlike the last challenge, I'm not expecting many commons and uncommons here!)
- Criteria are realism, creativity, presentation, etc. but flavour is really what I'm looking for (and balance of course!)
- I'm not expecting anything constructed playable as few such cards are. Kitchen table is perfectly fine.

Here are some examples:

image image image
image image image

Prizes:
1st place - 7 faves
2nd place - 5 faves
3rd place - 3 faves

Have fun!

Comments

• Sounds like fun
  • It's A Draw! 10BBBBBBBBBBBBBB
    Sorcery
    Each Player Loses the Game
    "Why are we still here? Just to suffer?"
  • edited March 2018
    I thought something like the following, but didn't want to make a card of it.
    -----
    If you have exactly seven cards in each of your graveyard, your hand, and exile, you win the game.
    -----
  • edited March 2018
    @KrampisZman there is actually a rule that makes it so that doesn’t happen
    The person who plays it will lose first then it will continue clockwise I believe
  • edited March 2018
    @DoctorFro

104.4a If all the players remaining in a game lose simultaneously, the game is a draw.

Since it's a draw causes each player to lose the game simultaneously, the game does, in fact, end in a draw.
  • @DoctorFro - Those are Kitchen Table rules.
    XD
  • https://mtgcardsmith.com/view/yawgmoth-returns
    I remember I used to love running Phyrexian Arena, which was a poorman's Yawgmoth's Bargain, which was a poorer man's Necropentance.
  • edited March 2018
    I really like those Vraska's tokens so I made a Verdant Force that pops those, it's not the most original design but I tried to compensate with a pretty phyrexian flavour:

image image

P.S: Dammit you're quick @Animist, you saw the first version, didn't you xD I though you were American like everybody else here, isn't it the middle of the night for you? x) Well this is like the fourth version because I kept finding new typos every time I did a new one >.< I think this one is ok now =D
  • @TheAltRick
    Just curious, did you know of Laboratory Maniac when you made Yawgmoth Returns?

• @ningyounk - no, I'm in London. It's 9.30 in the morning here!
  • edited March 2018
    Ok nevermind. The phrases are correct right?

EDIT: Card changed.

• edited March 2018
    Deleted.
  • edited March 2018
    @Corwinnn @KrampisZman thank you for clarifyibg
  • edited March 2018
    Deleted.
  • 1st Entry. Totally unrealistic, and way too OP, but here it is.

• @Animist
    Since we need it to be "you win" or "opponent/player loses the game", could we make a card that has "you lose" or does that defeat the purpose?
  • @Faiths_Guide

That would defeat the purpose. I said "opponent/player" to allow for things like Triskaidekaphobia that don't actually use the word "opponent". Something like a Pact of Negation or Glorious End wouldn't really be in keeping with the spirit of the challenge.
  • edited March 2018
    A weapon that can singlehandedly win you the game, but must be used with utmost care (as it harms you greatly to use it). It also has a debuff to toughness, meaning it can't be equipped on weaker creatures.

• @Animist
    Cool. Thought so, just asking.
  • YroYro
    edited March 2018
  • edited March 2018
    Thank you @captain_Pugsley for your thoughts on this card! (This card has been edited):

Entry 1:
  • edited March 2018
    This card is all about the "Winning"
    and it has a new mechanic I thought up of last night called: Meandering
    (Creatures you control have meandering. At the beginning of your upkeep you may move any number of +1/+1 counter from any creature you control to any other creature you control.)
  • edited March 2018
    Deleted
  • @Dechujoh64
    No "you lose" affects for this contest. Only an opponent/player loses or you win.
  • Ok card deleted from contest.
  • edited March 2018
    https://mtgcardsmith.com/view/kings-glory
    A winning concept card from my MSE set. Knight tribal for the win. (Surprisingly playable if you want to do all-in Knight tribal.)
    I LOVE ALTERNATE WIN CONDITIONS. And if you don't, you're a Spike.
  • Third Entry, this time a wall. The more it defends, the stronger it gets. If it successfully defends 9 times, the 10th time, you win the game.

• The idea behind this card is that you have to work to get the victory it provides. However, it also provides an easy way out of the path to victory so you can have creatures again.

• @Tbeast430: so just put Void Cube in a deck that is not creature heavy designed to win, like an izzet deck heavy with instant and sorcery spells, for example.
This discussion has been closed.