Dominaria Leaks (spoiler alert)

http://media.wizards.com/2018/downloads/DOM_Release_Notes/EN_MTGDOM_ReleaseNotes.docx
So the release notes got spoiled on a Chinese website and it looks HOLY CRAP INCREDIBLE. See for yourself.

Comments

• Enemy colored check lands spoiled... underwhelming, but much needed.
  • And looks like “Legendary matters.”
  • Damn my eyes! I couldn't help but look.
  • @Platypusburger It’s fine dude... spoilers are the second-best thing in life.
  • Oath of Teferi... Teferi joining Gatewatch CONFIRMED!
  • Llanowar Elves is in the set, but it looks the translation seems to think it's a goblin for some reason.
  • edited March 2018
    T: Add R.
    I'll never get used to that...
    Now proceeding to viciously update all sets I have to fit this.
  • My brother seems to think that link might be fake...after seeing the mox
  • @DoctorFro
    I'm on the verge of thinking it's fake by there are a bunch of factors convincing me.
    1. The link seems to check out. I'm no expert, but there's nothing in the full link that seems to not tie it to Wizards media. Here is a comparable media.wizards link for reference: https://media.wizards.com/downloads/dnd/StarterSet_Characters.pdf
    2. Why the hell would somebody go through all the trouble to make this fake media release with all these mechanics, properly worded, and make fake spoilers for all these cards? It would likely take weeks, if not months to put something like this together.
    3. Everything, at least to my inexperienced eyes, seems to be properly worded and formatted, at least as far as cards and clarification rulings go, same with mechanics.
    4. All the card spoilers seem realistic to the stroy of the set and look well balanced.

Now, some of this does seem a bit weird to me, but the fact that all these things check out leads me to believe this is legit.
  • This set is awesome!
  • Leak confirmed. You can get a not-translated version of the release notes there.
  • Hoooolllllly sh*t. Welp. I hate all lands now. (Okay that's an exaggeration, but removing text reference to the mana pool is so strange.)
  • Can we have a set that isn’t leaked this year?
  • @Arceus8523 I know, right? The weirdest part to me is that it's still "Add mana". Add it to what? If we're not going to mention the mana pool anymore, why not change the wording to something like "Get mana" or "gain mana"?
  • "summon mana"
  • @Corwinnn
    "Conjure mana"
    "Assemble mana"
    "Muster mana"
    "Call mana"
    "Gather mana"
    "Invite mana"
    "Beckon mana"
    "Mobilize mana"
  • It looks like a less complicated time spiral...
    I mean, the entire set is just references to old things that only die-hard fans will understand. I mean, I am a die-hard fan, so this is %&$%(&%(&@% awesome, but I worry for beginners. Also... NEW COMMANDERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My new fav card is Squee, the Immortal.
  • Can I just say that Seal Away is the Hazoret answer for Standard I've been waiting for?

Also, is Llanowar Elves getting a reprint or was that just an example?
  • This set is awesome!
  • edited March 2018
    T: Add G.
    Wizards, someone’s trying to get more type box room, eh?
    Also, it’s confirmed - new frame for legendary creatures - now we know why Ezuri was blacked out on Elves v Inventors
    AND a fugitive Umezawa.
  • @TezzeretofCarmot21 , that might be true too, but I think they're hiding Ezuri because they're saving a reveal that they're retconning regenerate. Check out this guy:

Drudge Sentinel
    2B
    Creature — Skeleton Warrior
    2/1
    3: Tap Drudge Sentinel. It gains indestructible until end of turn. (Damage and effects that say "destroy" don't destroy it.)

This is a clear call back to Drudge Skeletons. My bet is they're planning to errata all the old regenerators to this 'tapped and indestructible' template.
  • edited March 2018
    @Platypusburger They're not retconning regenerate. They have already used that "gains indestructible until end of turn" thing before. Granted, they haven't forced you to tap the creature as of yet, but I think they only do that so they can have the clearer callback to Drudge Skeletons without actually reviving a dead keyword.

http://gatherer.wizards.com/Pages/Card/Details.aspx?multiverseid=417748
    http://gatherer.wizards.com/Pages/Card/Details.aspx?multiverseid=409781
  • @KrampisZman , that's why I think they ARE retconning it. They want the protective effect, but they also want to simplify and consolidate language. Drudge Sentinel is a great gateway to the new wording because it hearkens back to the original Skeletons. Future 'gains indestructible' cards might tap or not tap, but I predict that all the old Cudgel Trolls and other regenerators will be errata-ed to the 'tapped indestructible' wording.
  • @Everyone Which cards did you like most? Which cards were most underwhelming? *cough cough* Karn *cough* How do you think this'll screw with Standard?
  • Mox Amber, and Damping Sphere are broken...I want fifty
  • edited March 2018
    @TezzeretofCarmot21 I agree with Karn since his last (and only card) was 7 mana and very powerful. Why downgrade him so drastically?
    My favorite is Lyra Dawnbringer. Gotta love that Angel tribal.
  • edited March 2018
    @Platypusburger
    Ya, wouldn't it be "{t}: You get {type}." like energy counters?
  • They also are using "this spell" instead of saying the name of the card. Also, many cards are dependent on mechanics that are just being introduced in the set. Wizards still loves limited... -.-
This discussion has been closed.