Create a Faction - Then Battle for Glory (Entries Closed)

Comments

• edited March 2018
    Storyline

Under the command of the Overmind (the first one who successfully transcended into a being of pure thoughts), the Observers were created by specifically modified changelings via magical and biological means to command the lesser changelings and to gain the necessary knowledge and act as the 'hands' of the Overmind. Those modifications are created as an assurance that an Observer is obliged to always convey the information an Observer already gained towards the Overmind, whether they're in another plane entirely or not, as long as the soul of an Observer is still exist.

To do so, in every plane they already visited, a hidden interplanar portal that connects to the Velis Major (their new homeworld) is always opened by the Overmind. Although it could be dangerous to constantly open the portal, the necessary securities are already prepared, even if the Overmind has to leave Velis Major entirely.

There are currently only a handful of Observers who are exist due to the slow population growth rate and the more curious nature of the changelings in Velis Major due to the modifications that caused by the Overmind. After all, the elimination of senescence and the considerably increased intellect are unaligned with the animalistic instinct to breed. In the end, most of the 'new changelings' have the tendency to wander around in another worlds entirely, each as a solitary being, to sate their newfound hobbies: learning as much as possible to kill their curiosity or spreading their knowledge to the less-developed species for the sake of curiosity.

To be summed up: A planeswalker found Velis Major, created the Overmind, put some of the changelings there, then modificated them. In addition of it, the Overmind also created the Observers to act as its 'hands'.
  • edited March 2018

Kagrin Forgefire, High Lord of the Havingaard Empire, Chief of the Forgefire Clan, Master of the Nine Arts of the Smith, approaches the battlefield. The smell of smoke would usually soothe him; but here it only reeks of the stench of war. Once again the Havingaard dwarves march to battle, with hearts of steel and a will of iron.

Today, victory will be forged in the flames of conflict, and tempered in the blood of the fallen.
    I will post lore later.
  • edited March 2018
    @Tigersol edited my Faction's lore.
  • edited March 2018
  • @KrampisZman
    That lore totally made my day! : )

By the way, where are the Illuminati?
  • edited March 2018
  • edited March 2018
    The lore would be funny... if there weren't people who actually believe it. But there are. Not the parts about Eldrazi and such, but the parts about 9/11. So... Yeah, I find that lore to be in horribly bad taste.
  • edited March 2018
    @KrampisZman Look, I know you think it's a joke, but I agree with @RayearthIX on this one. That's going a bit far. I mean, my faction is based on the Jews too, but only if you squint.
  • edited March 2018
  • @KrampisZman - That's not how it reads precisely because the faction is called the J.E.W.s. If you just wanted to parody stupid conspiracy theories, it would've been better to name the faction something else, or to not involve anything related to Earth or real events. If you remove the real events, it reads like a ridiculous parody (albeit one some white supremacist somewhere would probably still believe somehow), but by including real events, and real conspiracies people believe, it just doesn't work that way.

I didn't read what your faction was originally, but going back to look... I would have made the same comment on your first post, and about @sanjaya666 response to it.

No matter what you want to say that J.E.W.s are not Jews, that just doesn't work given that the figurehead of your organization is.. oh, Jewish, and you purposely mention the Holocaust (but it's a mana-deprived Holocaust instead!). Oh, and Islamic terrorism is caused by the J.E.W.s who aren't Jews too, apparently.

That said, it's not up to me whether or not you can have that as the faction and continue with it. That's up to @Tigersol as the thread creator, and the forum mods if they so decide to read this thread (not sending a report about it or anything).

I'll keep playing and participating regardless. May the best faction win.
  • @RayearthIX
    To be honest, I didn't really make the Jew-J.E.W connection. Sorry about that. @KrampisZman, if you wouldn't mind, could you rename it and edit your comments?
  • @Tigersol Should I remove mine?
  • @IanLowenthal I'm sure it's fine.

@Tigersol I don't have time to make a new faction right now... I replaced all my comments with some wholesome memes instead.
  • The Order of the Skyward Eye
    White, green, and blue
    Land and creature counting, flicker effects, landfall

• @KrampisZman
    Oh jeez! I did not mean it like that. I just wanted you to change the name to something else... I am so sorry for the confusion!
    @IanLowenthal
    Nope, I didn’t notice.
  • @KrampisZman
    But, thank you for the memes.
  • I will post my leader soon
  • Hey guys, here are the winners:
    1st Place (3 points): @ASubtleGhost
    2nd Place (2 points): @IanLowenthal
    3rd Place (1 point): @Beeswax

THE NEXT CHALLENGE:
    Of course, all factions need some sort of Headquarters, and that's exactly what the next challenge is! This challenge will require two cards, so feel free until the 24th to submit your cards.

What you'll need to submit:
    1) A guild hall! Make the home of you faction! Essentially these are lands that tap for a colorless but also have an activated ability. Examples are...
    Image result for guildhalls mtg
    2) A fortification! Basically, an equipment for a land! Here's an example...
    Image result for darksteel fortress

HAPPY SMITHING!

In general Hopperti’s lore shadow was the former ruler who was betrayed by Hershey.
  • @kandra127 you should say “{t}: Add {1} mana to your mana pool.”
  • I'm using the new dominaria wording.
  • Also, you need to have {u}{g}{b}, {t}:Ability

Hope I helped
  • edited March 2018
    My land and fortification. The Temple of the Oracle is one of many temples devoted to the The Divine's Word, as given by the Oracle. They are dotted across numerous Planes, and each has a room devoted to the Oracle and purposed for them to commune with the Divine, should they ever visit. Often found in these temples, and across many towns and cities where the Tenshikari have spread their Word, are statutes of the Oracle. The Oracle isn't pleased that this occurs, as they don't view themselves as worthy of worship, but many sects of the Tenshikari view them as Divine in of themselves.

• edited March 2018

Feedback Appreciated.
This discussion has been closed.