Post your cards here, see what others think

Comments

• image check out the deck I am making under my sets it is labeled Glim
  • "totally not just salty about ad nauseum" *cough cough*
  • @atrus159 if that is suppose to counter platinum angel it doesnt because you still cant lose the game... ? So then how are they going to go below zero?
  • @DoctorFro The only actual use I had in mind (and ik this is way to narrow to warrant a card) is Modern Ad Nausium goes below zero kept alive by Phyrexian Un-life. Granted, Ad Nausium also stays alive using angle's grace, which this card doesn't beat, so it's not even good there.
  • @DoctorFro
    Phyrexian Unlife
    Transcendence
    Lich
    Lich's Tomb
  • @DoctorFro regarding your Glim deck: the cards you have so far seem like u want a sort of split +1/+1 counter and -1/-1 counter theme, but ur commander only deals with +1/+1 counters. I almost feel like u want glim and talgela to be partner commanders, in which case it would be really cool if glim was mono green and talgela was mono black since +1/+1 is kinda a green thing and -1/-1 is kinda a black thing. Also be aware that wizards specifically avoids making +1/+1 and -1/-1 counters interact because it gets confusing to do physically (not you should necessarily care, this is for fun).
  • @atrus159 Yea it is supposed to be a very confusing counter deck there are going to be like 15 different type of counters Glim is just there to be there she might not be the main commander
  • "Welcome to the royal costume ball!"

• edited March 2018
    Hey Bronemo, i think it is a bit clustered.Maybe do the first two bullets for one card. Then use the second two for another card called Costume Ball Afterparty and make both Sorcery cards.
  • I just want to know if this seems to powerful for its cost.
    https://mtgcardsmith.com/view/motier-hamster-captain
  • @jpastor I believe it is for a contest although I forget which one...also @TenebrisNemo I agree it is a bit clustered maybe make a bit more themed towards ability...like the first sorta seem counterintuitive; like the legendary creatures then make them all the same.
  • So @beeswax I would comment on Lilibeth, Fortune's Favorite on the cardsmith website but I can not figure how to comment without my irl name to pop up...so I am going to do it here...

I think that it is a good card in general, but I feel that the colors assigned to it are very iffy...maybe add blue to the mix and it would be good.
  • I actually really like it. I feel like it might be under-costed even being 3 color since in a control deck it could realistically just be steal a creature for 3. That said I kind of like how it looks as just RWU.
  • oh also I believe the current color order is URW, but it looks like it's been different in the past.
  • I like it Universe, even though the whole name a card vs choose a card is a little fuzzy with your ability.
  • edited March 2018
    @TheCenterOfTheUniverse
    Great Card! But I think you should consider to increase it's mana cost because it may become a real piece of any control deck specially after sideboarding. Otherwise, could it be an instant as "Silence".?
  • edited April 2018
    Thoughts?

Custom mechanic:
    Diplomacy - Starting with you, each player chooses one that hasn't been chosen if able -

There can be any number of modes on a card like this.
  • edited March 2018
    Maybe i'm just dumb, but it's ambiguous to me whether you or your opponents get the effects. Due to the way it's balanced I'm assuming you get the effects.
  • @atrus159
    I think I'm understanding your question. Player's that make a choice complete that choice.

( I cast Civic Stance | I choose mode 3 and destroy a tapped creature | Then the player to my left chooses mode 1 and he or she gains 3 life | The next player makes each of his or her opponents lose 2 life, mode 2 | The last player in order must choose to sacrifice a creature and create Gold )

Each player would carry out the choice they made.
  • Ok, in that case I think it's way overcosted. You wouldn't pay 3 mana and a card for any one of these effects, and each opponent gets one for free. I like the dynamic of the effect having upside/downside like the sacrifice a creature one. I would make it either so that all of the effects are like this in some way, so at least the table can conspire to force someone to get a particular effect they don't want, or make it so it gains you some guaranteed advantage (e.g. draw a card for each option chosen)
  • Nice formatting bro
  • @atrus159
    It did originally cost {w}{b}...

Wanted to make a card with {s}.
  • edited March 2018
    @jpastor I think I can get those counters off by turn four; maybe make it a rare and give the final one shroud
  • image is the middle worded properly?
  • edited March 2018
    I'm wondering if i am wording the first ability well and if i need to change my colors.
  • edited March 2018
    @DoctorFro
    "Whenever Hapatra, Stalwart Defender deals combat damage to an opponent, put a +1/+1 counter on it. If that player controls more creatures than you, create two 1/1 white Warrior creature tokens instead."

@DanDanDio
    "Copy the next triggered ability that would be triggered by a permanent leaving the battlefield this turn."
    But I'm not sure..

I think 2nd effect should be worded like this
    "Return a creature card from your graveyard to your hand. For the rest of the game, you may cast spells with the same name as the returned card only for their evoke costs."
    Otherwise you can cheat like this:
    1)Cast this spell. You return a Mulldrifter from your graveyard to your hand. You can't cast it normally.
    2)In your next turn, you draw a land.
    3)You lie to your opponent that you drew a new Mulldrifter, and cast the returned Mulldrifter with normal mana cost.

This problem happens because opponents can't see your hand. If you use exile, you can do similar thing with less wordy text.
    "Exile a creature card from your graveyard. You may cast it (from exile) for its evoke cost."
    *I think (from exile) isn't necessary.

The card should be UB I think.
This discussion has been closed.