Fabio Can't Believe It's Not Butter! [Usernames!]

Comments

• I chose my MTGCardsmith moniker based on my real name.
    My actual name is Maximilian Ransom, so it became MrRansom.
    Haha, not an interesting story.
  • @saveria201-you should get back into WoW, there is a huge revamp to all classes and DEMON HUNTERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • @stormbreath Oh a new hero class? I did enjoy death knight a lot. Maybe I will try it again. But it's been so long I'm sure my old characters are gone.
  • @MrRansom Ransom. Maximillian Ransom.

That name is legit.
  • @CrucibleOfHate very true.

@MrRansom you're name is totally legit.

• @MrRansom I know someone named Maximilian. I call him "Maximilli Vanilli."
  • edited March 2016
    @Drigglesnork that is so much less legit than the aforementioned name. :D
  • @saveria201-also, if you like rouges, sub is going to be a shadow-damage based spec and Combat has been renamed Outlaw
  • I miss the days of 18 hour Burning Crusade binges. QQ
  • My name was created for several reasons.

1. Needed a name for my Xbox Live account and the name I used offline was taken.

2. It sounded really cool to a... 16? maybe 17 year old. I was around that age.

3. I watched the movie Donnie Darko, and in it Drew Barrymore talks about the beauty of the words Cellar Door being written down. Again, a teenager, I thought to myself that I could write a more beautiful group of words. And I found 'Suicidal Deity', while being phonetically pleasing, was also beautiful looking when written in cursive.

4. It was a poem I wrote about a Suicidal God, as in a god that wanted to end it's own life, not a god over those who take their own life. I struggled with suicide off and on throughout my teenage years. I struggle quite frequently still with an above average intelligence that is outwardly known, yet I never achieved as much as I should have. It was a fitting idea in my poem, about a god that was expected to perform to an unequaled level, yet wished for nothing in their world aside from silence and peace, achievable only in their mind in one instance of escapism. I am not so egotistical as to rival myself with the gods, but I found a genuine similarity in the comparison of my desires and the character I created within the poem.

So all these factors came together for me to create the name Suicidal Deity. Whenever possible, and space allows, I will utilize the name as the moniker to my persona. It's grown on me far more than I thought it would have, and I genuinely adore the words when combined, speaking them aloud to myself and writing them upon page when I find my thoughts wandering from my current state to that of a less inclined incentive.
  • Oliver Stewart.
    Yes, it's that simple.
  • edited April 2016
    Zanmato is the best attack in Final Fantasy X (used by the Aeon named Yojimbo) - it can kill any creature/boss in a blink of an eye!
    I love it so much that it became my username which I use everywhere. :P
  • Zantetsuken!
    Mugetsu!
    Ars Arcanum! (Butchered Latin!)
    Sin Harvest!
    Wraithverge!
    Okay, I'm done.
  • Mine is derived from a username I had on a forum, and people generally called me "Lujikul" as a joke, and I decided to bring that here.
  • I wanted to stay anonymous and neutral with my name, so I looked through my bulk multicolor box. The first card I saw was Gelectrode... so that was that!
  • My username is based on a textbook I had in 7th grade, and then the number 7 for 7th grade. MUCH CREATIVE
  • @gelectrode To be fair, I had an amazing but stupid Gelectrode 'storm' deck in extended back in the day.
  • @Strongbelieves, try it again. Gelectrode works pretty well in a Jeskai deck with Jeskai Ascendancy, Swift Justice, Gitaxian Probe, Twiddle, and Distortion Strike. After pinging all of your opponents creatures (or life totals) away, swing with a giant Gelectrode. Think of a Storm deck, except more fun and honorable!
  • I use many usernames for different things, but my main 2 are these:

TrippleBoggey3 - When I first got my xbox and played Halo (I was 4 at that time), my dad wanted me to get a username. My dad's own name was DarthEagle69, so he wanted me to think of something related to golf, because we play golf and he named himself Eagle because he always bragged he got Eagles in golf. So I named myself TrippleBoggey3, since my brother was DoubleBoggey2.

Ling Ling - In a self made play in 7th grade, we were coming up with names... So I just happened to come up with Ling Ling as my name in the play. I actually got the idea after I named my favorite yellow golf ball Ling Ling. Oh yeah, and in the play, I sorta got in trouble...,but that's a story for later if you wanna here it. I don't use this one in cardsmith, but I still use it in other things.
  • My username is the WORST. USERNAME. EVER.

The story is kinda funny tho.

I first found this site a LLLOOOOONG time ago. Like several years ago, when there were no accounts or anything (and I think there was pretty much only one page where you could make cards). I found it when I started playing MtG. I used to really like creating (awful) cards back in those days, but I had to draw the artwork, the border and all the stuff inside the card with my pencils...Ick. My brother found it, and said I should use it to make my cards look more professional.

I did that for a while, but finally lost interest in MtG altogether. When I came back to MtG, about a year ago now, my brother found the sit again, and made me an account (I was really young then, and couldn't computer), he asked me what username I wanted. My original one was just 'Martin', but then I said it was too bland.

My brother and father had been talking about the Korean War at dinner that day, and then the topic turned to Kim Jong Un. My brother told me about all the crazy stuff he did, and so I said 'How about Kim Jong Un?' My brother changed it to @KimJongMartin, and that account was made...

When I came back onto this site a couple o' months ago, I had forgot my old @KimJongMartin 's account password, so I couldn't log back in, which, now I think about it, is probably a good thing. I think it got purged anyways, so I wouldn't of mattered. I just created a new account, with the same name..

I wish I could change my account name. I would change it to ANYTHING - now I think about it, I would probably change it to @Aurelia_The_Mind_Sculptor, @Necrosmith, @Force_Of_Gryff, or anything else that came to mind.

@Corwinnn! @MTGCardsmith! Get that name changing thing ready!
  • Oh, and @TrippleBoggey3, 'LIng Ling' is slang for an asian person, and is a restaraunt (http://hakkasan.com/locations/menu/ling-ling/).

And you played Halo at 5??? Isn't that a bit...Inappropriate? And your dad plays Halo? I would be surprised if my dad even knew what an xBox was...
  • @KimJongMartin, I know what LingLing means. It's also the name my teacher gave me for a skit.

Oh, and I technically played halo when I was 4, but I played single player at 5. My dad just didn't have anyone to play halo with him so he forced me to play halo. Halo 1 just came out then.
  • A friend and I were learning to play MTG, first on Duels of the Planeswalkers, and we decided to pick up some cards from the local Walmart. Like the novice players we were, I picked up a deckbuilder's toolkit and he picked up a fat pack. Somehow I opened a Domri Rade as my first planeswalker to complement my love for green and red in combination. As a lover of wordplay, I immediately realized that I could put my own name into it. Thus, DomriKade was born.

Also, my friend smoked me in those first games as he pulled an Archangel of Thune, and a Fiendslayer Paladin.
  • Simple enough. My name is (Surprise! Surprise!) Tom, and me mum calls me Tomble. When I started Minecraft, I think Tomble was taken, so hence came Tomble123. Another username I've been using recently is Lord_Thomas_Hummus. I like Hummus. It sort of rhymes. Is that enough?
  • If you want to go way back, the first half of my name originated in my after-school robotics class when I was a freshman. I was on notebook, and to make it more interesting I added extensive fantasy elements to our generally mundane work. That led to the creation of an oversized maggot with wings and ten legs--his name was Nokinraath, and he secretly manipulated every event that happened on our team. Nokinraath was to the Blackhawks what Memnarch was to Mirrodin. I found the idea interesting, and the name has stuck with me ever since (usually shortened to 'Noki.')

The second half of my name kinda came out of nowhere. I had Noki, who I often characterised as one with no personality--a completely neutral blank slate. I had Miko, which was often characterised as a young, optimistic pacifist with hopes of becoming a doctor. We had pacifism, we had neutrality, but we needed hostility. That's how Skaur came about. He is often characterised as a former criminal that only stays with his host to terrorise them (a concept that I'd rather not explain). My first DnD character was CN aligned, and I described him as a cross between Noki and Skaur. I named him NokiSkaur to get my point across, and the name has just stuck with me.
  • My friends came up with my name when i was younger, we used to play alot of guitar hero after school and then one day they just started calling me "djayhero". I'd also like to point out that my nickname came years before the dj hero games came out lol
  • Well, I'm going back to April 2017. I was a wide-eyed, hopeful Magic newb who only owned a crapload of Magic origin cards. My friend had given them to me as a gift. I owned a crappy r/w deck and a decent b/u deck that could mill a dude out pretty quickly. Once, I played my r/w deck against a Tezzeret Aether Revolt planeswalker deck. I knew what planeswalkers did, but the Tezzeret's ultimate blew me away. (My friend ultimated him and kicked my butt, but that's irrelevant.)
    Flash-forward to about June. I was getting really serious about Magic and planned to go to the HOU prerelease. I decided to join MTGCS. I knew that Tezzyboi was part of the Seekers of Carmot, so I figgered TezzeretofCarmot was nice. And 21 is my lucky number.
    (All the Star Wars stuff on my account is my friend's. I allowed him access to my account. His username is @Jake_the_Jake and he hasn't been on in donkey's years. Also, I am going to be alternatively using a new account, so.. yeah.)
  • Oh, and try to find my new username! (Hint - combos with Fate Unraveler.)
This discussion has been closed.