Masterpeice Contest - Challenge 1

This is an ONGOING contest and you cannot join unless you have previously entered at http://forums.mtgcardsmith.com/discussion/2312/masterpieces-competition-closed#latest.

As announced, this will be the first of THREE contests to determine an appropriate winner by creativity and originality.

This challenge is to MAKE A REPRINTED ARTIFACT OR ARTIFACT CREATURE FROM AN OLD ARTIFACT CARD IN A REAL MTG SET INTO A MASTERPEICE.

This EXCLUDES cards from Unhinged. Because it's a comedy set and is.. wierd. Richard Garfield FTW.

The rules are as following:
- You may only submit 3 or less submissions.
- You will be disqualified if you submit zero cards before the first challenge ends.
- You will be disqualified for Joke cards, or for not remaking a Wizards of the CoastTM Artifact card or Artifact Creature card.
- You must use proper Magic; The Gathering wording in your card, and avoid spelling mistakes or additions to cards (they will DQ your card if you add stuff to your card.)
- You must use new artwork for the card reprint, and use the colour Gold as your Alternate Card Colour.
- Your card must have the same name, Converted Mana Cost, Card type and subtype (Oracle text) as the card you have selected, and abilities. You can have a customized Art and/or flavour text, but must use Oracle text.
- Artworks for the cards must be visually appealing, but relative to the card itself. They cannot be real-life images or cartoon-like captions.
- You cannot use the same artwork or flavour text that has already been submitted in the competition. You may reprint the same card as another contestant but note that it will likely not be placed over the first, unless this conflicts with other rules for the cards.
- You must provide the artwork artist/illustrator if able - I may look for the image online, and if I can find the artist, then your submission may be brought down in terms of marking.
- Please don't have pixelated images. It hurts my eyes T_T.
- You may not reprint the Black Lotus. =P
- You must have the Cardsmith set symbol, and the card MUST be Mythic Rare.
- Cards submitted for this contest must be new cards, made specifically for this contest.

Cards will be marked on the following:

- Research (What card you have selected to reprint) 1-10 points.
- Image Selection (The image you have used for the reprint.) 1-10 points.
- Flavour text (Italics text at the bottom of the card, and how appropriate/creative it is.) 1-10 points.
- Originality 1-10 points.
- Various other specifications, including if the card was already submitted as a reprint, or if the card didn't use Oracle text, or spelling mistakes, etc. 1-20 marks.

------------------------------------------------------------

Contestants:

1 @unicornsareevil1357 2 @TrippleBoggey3 3 @Tomble123 4 @thenightbringer 5 @Mnemosyne 6 @KimJongMartin 7 @Kinojitsu_Asahi 8 @Gelectrode 9 @kltmtg29 10 @Rednexala 11 @Arceus8523 12 @dashdo101 13 @Faiths_Guide
14 @Gryphon11114 15 @DomriKade 16 @zizick123 17 @RugaQwarcall 18 @FatCat23476 19 @Tutlaschk 20 @MaverickGV 21 @Death_Methods 22 @LyndonF 23 @AlphaDelta 24 @ShadowKnight1224 25 @Tesarand 26 @Wackosaru 27 @theimmortaldeath 28 @jchen5012 29 @strongbelieves 30 @DarthPon3

I believe I spelt all names correctly - but please @TastyCheez me if I did.

The bottom 8 contestants in this contest will be knocked out of the comp - Work hard, Cardsmiths, good luck - and Godspeed! (Not Godsend. Ughh yuck.)

Comments

This discussion has been closed.