Bearforce (2 mana 2/2)

=Introduction=

I was watching a Channel Fireball Limited Resources podcast, just to get a recap of Kaladesh and how it drafts, when they mentioned the bear test (the test of how a card with 2 cmc and with base P/T of 2/2 is better than Grizzly Bear). That got me thinking - how about creating an interesting but also balanced 2 mana 2/2? I found it was an interesting idea, since you had to create a cool and innovative effect that still worked on a creature of that mana cost and size. Please note, this isn't a contest to create a creature with the bear subtype - although it can be - but rather a 2 cmc 2/2. Here is the original bear, btw:

So, get creating those 2 mana 2/2s, everybody! It can be vanilla, but it's advised that it isn't, unless it's done in a very creative way.

=The Contest=

This one's pretty simple. Just make a 2 mana (it can be any combination of colors and phi mana) 2/2 creature. It does not have to have the creature type 'Bear'. I'm really stressing this one. Oh, and It does not have to be vanilla (with no abilities). Although vanilla ice-cream is really nice.

=Rules=

- Must be a two mana 2/2 (it doesn't have to have any relation to bears whatsoever, that's just the name for 2 mana 2/2s in MTG).
- Three entries max.
- Please have correct wording (although I may let minor things slide).
- Ends in two-three weeks' time.
- Please no off-topic chat in the comments.
- Can be an old card.

=Prizes=

1st place: 5 favorites and a follow.
2nd place: 3 favorites and a follow.
3rd place: 1 favorite and a follow.

Winners will also get a -TROPHY- and be discussed in the HALL OF FAME !!!

=====Ladies and gentlemen, it's time to announce the winners!=====

With almost 60 entries and over 90 comments, this has been one of the funnest contests I have ever hosted, and wish I could seeing entries coming in. Alas, all good things must come to an end, however, which even makes us appreciate them more.

imageimageimage

====Results====
1st place: Bibulous Newt by @DomriKade I'm a big fan of this one; a very nice hatebear, while remaining balanced and interesting - also puts a clamp on Liliana of the Veil.
2nd place: Beir, the Obstinate by @fepiera The bear commander we all need! A big improvement from the last version (and it actually fits the contest guidelines ^^), and it reminds me of my old card Alvine, Ulvenwald Grizzly.
3rd place: Gitaxian Unifier by @Gelectrode Seems like a very powerful interesting effect. ^^ I must admit I spent about five minutes looking at it, working out what it did t

Comments

This discussion has been closed.