Weekend = Ruined

So, last night I was sleeping, and I wake up to a loud bang. I look around, and check the time, and see it's almost six. I also see my laptop on the floor. Obviously, I must have accidentally knocked it onto the floor in my sleep. "It's okay," I think to myself. "It's a durable laptop." I pick it up off the ground, turn it on, and make sure it still works. It did... except for one part. It wouldn't charge. I try everything, but it still wouldn't charge. Then I notice it. My phone charger, which was plugged into my laptop that night, was completely jammed into the port, which was conveniently placed near the charging port. It was pushed in when the laptop fell DIRECTLY ONTO IT, ripping through the insides of my laptop, and destroying the charging port. I tried to take the phone charging cord out of the laptop, since that may have been what was blocking the charging, but the cord rips out of the thing that plugs in to the USB port. I'm completely screwed at this point, but as an insult to injury, the charging cord that I unintentionally ripped in half was my only one, so now I'm without a computer and effectively a phone. I am currently writing this on my wii-u.

Comments

• D: That sucks!!!!
  • edited January 2017
    not good :( at least you have a wii-u as backup.
    when i was in university i fell asleep in bed one night with my laptop next to me and knocked it off to the floor. my bed was the top bunk in a shared dormitory room. the crash woke everyone in the apartment up. the screen broke clean off..this was before smart phones, i had no other convenient way to access the internet for research and chatting with friends and not enough money to buy a new one for a few months or so...i was devastated.
  • I sincerely hope you manage to get a new charging cord. Going without a phone is nigh on impossible in the modern world.
  • Doh! I dropped my laptop last year, and the hard drive was ruined! Lost a ton of great art and music that I've been trying to replace ever since, so I feel your pain! Best of luck to you!
  • One time my IPhone charging port stopped working for some reason, but it was fixable would hate for it to be permanent. I'm sorry for you bro!
  • Unlucky! :( At least you have your wii-u, and there are places like libraries if you really need them.
  • :(

Is there someone who can try to fix it for you?
  • Ugh! I feel for you!
  • @Animist I don't think it's fixable, but luckily, I have a good chunk of money saved for when stuff like this happens, so I'm probably going to buy a new laptop soon. Hopefully today
  • EDIT: I just bought a new laptop!!! Woot Woot!
  • Woot! Woot!
This discussion has been closed.