Mechanix Challenge - Eighteen

84 years ago, @Corwinnn, @MrRansom, @AustinSmith, and @Tomigon started a project called TheMechanix. Now, its secret is revealed. It is where we organize all custom keyword mechanics posted to Mechanic Encyclopedia for ALL.

For Mechanix Challenge - EIGHTEEN
We would like you to choose a custom keyword mechanic from THIS SET : http://mtgcardsmith.com/user/TheMechanix/sets/13738
and make an incredible card that uses it.

In Mechanix Challenge Eighteen, the focus is on Keyword Abilities - Static
Mechanix Challenge - Eighteen features mechanics from @CrucibleOfHate, @monikero, @Sorins_Thirst, @AlphaOmega, @Latinas, @dudedaniel, @Connor2001, @Animist, @Faiths_Guide, @DeepSky, and @michaelmvm.

CRITERIA
Presentation, art selection, templating, spelling, balance, usefulness and flavor.

Limit of fifteen entries max per person.
Deadline in 1 week : Feb. 24
*Top 3 winners will get a super amazing -TROPHY- and added to -HALL OF FAME- !
*Winners may choose a mechanic from Mechanic Encyclopedia for ALL. They will be used in Mechanix Challenge Nineteen or Twenty!

Comments

• edited February 2017
    Here are the Mechanics for Mechanix Challenge Eighteen

Limbo by CrucibleOfHate
    Limbo [Cost] (You may exile this card from your hand for its limbo cost at any time. You may return it from exile to your hand anytime for its limbo cost.)

Nephilim by CrucibleOfHate
    Nephilim (If at any time two or more players control a creature with nephilim, those players sacrifice those creatures.)
    AUTHOR'S NOTE : Functions similarly to the old legends rule. You can control any number of creatures with nephilim, but as soon as an opponent drops one, they ALL die.
    Conner2001's version
    Nephilim (If another player controls a creature with the same name as this creature, their owners sacrifice them.)

Misinform by monikero
    Misinform (Prevent all combat damage that would be dealt to this creature.)

Scholarly by Sorins_Thirst
    Scholarly (You may look at the top and bottom cards of your library. You may do this at any time.)

Skybound by AlphaOmega
    Skybound (This creature has flying and can block only creatures with flying.)

Tribal Advantage by Latinas
    Tribal advantage [Cost] (You may cast this card for its tribal advantage cost. If you do, when this creature enters the battlefield, put a +1/+1 counter on each creature you control that shares a creature type with it.)

Charge by dudedaniel
    Charge (If this creature is unblocked, you may have it assign its combat damage to a creature defending player controls.)
    ..or this wording is better? :
    Charge (If this creature would deal combat damage to an opponent, you may assign that damage to a creature that player controls instead.)

Ward by Connor2001
    Ward N (If a source would deal damage to this creature, prevent all but N of that damage.)
    Thanks to @Faiths_Guide for the new wording!

Reforming by dudedaniel
    Reforming N (This creature enters the battlefield with N reform counters on it. If this creature would be destroyed, you may remove a reform counter from it. If you do, it isn't. Instead tap it, remove all damage from it, and remove it from combat.)

Painborn by Animist
    Painborn (Each 1 life you pay while casting this spell pays for {1}. This creature enters the battlefield with a -1/-1 counter on it for each 1 life paid this way.)

Landmorph ( @Milanaarz's Version. Original is by DeepSky)
    Landmorph [Cost] (You may play this card face down as a land with "{t} : Add {c} to your mana pool." Turn it face up any time for its landmorph cost.)

Primal ( @Feyamius' version. Original is by michaelmvm)
    Primal [Cost] (You may cast this spell by paying the primal cost. You may only spend mana produced by basic lands this way.)
    -New wording by @nsm91
    Primal [Cost] (You may cast this spell for its primal cost. You may only spend mana produced by basic lands to do so.)

Consent by Faiths_Guide
    Consent (Each spell on the stack can't be countered. Any player may pay {1} for that player to ignore this effect until end of turn.)

--------------------------
    - Reminder text isn't necessary.
    - You may change the effect as long as the concept is the same.
    - If you find mistakes or have better ideas for the wording, let me know!
  • edited February 2017
    Tribal Advantage
  • edited February 2017

This is my first entry to this round. I saw Painborn and Consent together and I had to make this guy! More to come!
  • edited February 2017
    @Rednaxela, @KrampisZman
    Thanks for your entries!

Btw, in card's text box, "Painborn" should come before consent, deathtouch, or any other mechanics in this challenge.
    It's like convoke, or delve.
    http://gatherer.wizards.com/Pages/Card/Details.aspx?multiverseid=130345
    *Flash comes earlier than anything else.

Just an info. You don't get minus points for keyword order mistake.
  • edited February 2017
    @Faiths_Guide
    Cool card, but protection from everything seems a bit too good. I would definitely use that card in reanimator.
    It doesn't need trample btw.
  • edited February 2017
    @Tomigon
    Yes, he is too good. -Progenitus-
  • @Faiths_Guide

"If Progenitus would be put into a graveyard from anywhere, reveal Progenitus and shuffle it into its owner's library instead."
  • @Tomigon
    Yes? So he's not as good in reanimator, but he's still pro everything and there's other ways to cheat stuff out.
  • edited February 2017
    For Ward, I think that (as it already attempts to prevent zero damage when damage=N) it should be simplified thus:

Ward N (If a source would deal damage to this creature, prevent all but N of that damage.)

As it references N less, I believe it will help everyone to have an easier time understanding what it does.

e.g.
  • @KrampisZman Yeah, thanks. I thought reanimate is better than those, so I didn't mention those cards.
  • @Tomigon @KrampisZman
    Yes, reanimate is still the best... XD
  • @Faiths_Guide
    That's very right! I'll fix it!
  • edited February 2017
    Technically "Charge" is just a poorly worded triggered ability.

Charge (Whenever this creature attacks and isn't blocked, you may have it deal damage equal to its power to target creature defending player controls, then remove it from combat.)

It couldn't legitimately be combat damage either.

If you wish to keep it as a static:

Charge (If this creature is attacking and unblocked after blockers have been declared, you may have it assign its combat damage to a creature defending player controls during the combat damage step.)

Though that still isn't technically correct.
  • edited February 2017

I slightly changed the wording of primal, hope that's cool but I thought this was a little better
  • edited February 2017
    @Faiths_Guide
    hmmm.. I think the current wording of Charge is good.

Actually that Charge ability does the same thing as my Hunt ability. And that wording was made after some discussions with @Cryptnight. He brought me a bunch of long rule texts only for improving my old wording. lol
    http://mtgcardsmith.com/view/azan-borderguard-1
    So I just copied it.

But if you don't like current wording, you can use your version. Or my old one:
    (If this creature would deal combat damage to an opponent, you may assign that damage to a creature that player controls instead.)
    It's up to you!

@nsm91
    Thanks for your entry! And I like that wording!
  • @Tomigon
    Your old one is much better. Yeah, I new what was being attempted had been done before.
  • edited February 2017
    @Tomigon
    I looked at the wording of evoke and noticed it should be "for its primal costs" so I changed mine again, hope that's cool.
  • IT'S FINALLY BACK!!!
    Here's one with Ward:
  • Limbo

Ugin's favorite card.
  • edited February 2017

Demon with Painborn. Seems like a pretty cool ability.
  • edited February 2017
    Misinform

• edited February 2017
    Here are some of the cards I've made for this contest!

Keywords used:
    1) Misinform
    2) Scholarly
    3) Skybound
    4) Landmorph

imageimageimageimage

Note: If there is an error or you would just like to provide feedback, you may leave a comment here or on the card's page!

Update: This post has been updated as of 2:56AM February 23th, 2017 according to Central time in MB, Canada.
  • edited February 2017
    -
  • edited February 2017

Remade with more family-friendly art!
  • A shot in the dark:

This discussion has been closed.