Dungeons & Dragons..... The Contest

Hello again, it's MagicChess back with a new contest!
I've been getting into Dungeons & Dragons lately (it's a great game), and noticed that many of the spells one can cast in D&D seem to be the precursors for MTG cards. For example, Polymorph (http://gatherer.wizards.com/Pages/Card/Details.aspx?multiverseid=191380) is presumably based off of the D&D spell Polymorph. D&D being the precursor to Magic, it's not surprising, but I thought that it would be cool to see what you come up with when translating these spells into cards. Go to this website for the spells and their descriptions: https://www.dnd-spells.com/spells

The Rules:
-3 entries max per smith
-No nudity, swearing, etc.
-Only serious cards. No joke or un-cards.
-No existing MTG card images, please.
-You can edit your entry as many times as you want as long as the contest is going on.
-Please, please, please, PLEASE use correct MTG language and general grammar.

-Your card(s) must be based on one of the D&D spells. You must state the name of the spell it's based off of and paste the spell onto the comment as well so I don't have to look everything up in my Player's Handbook.

The Judging:
I will judge your cards based on:
Creativity, originality, utility, realistic-ness (??), and how well it emulates the spell that you choose while still being an MTG card.

The Prizes:
1st place: I will favorite five of your cards and you will get to chose an Honorable Mention!
2nd place: I will favorite three of your cards and you will get to choose an Honorable Mention!
3rd place: I will favorite two of your cards!
Honorable Mention(s): I will favorite your entry!

Everybody, not just the winners, will get feedback on their cards, and feel free to ask me any questions that you may have.

The date of judging is still to be determined.

Okay, I think that sums it up. Oh, one more thing. Before you read this, you must make a Wisdom (Perception) check and add the relative modifiers against a DC of 8 or you will not be able to understand the nuances of the contest. (If you don't play D&D, ignore the last two sentences; just like most people wouldn't understand me if I said "Response: tap 4 onto a CoCo," which is MTG talk, you probably don't comprehend D&D speak.)

Hold onto your NPCs and your arcane focuses (more D&D speak); it's going to be a wild ride. Commence!

Comments

This discussion has been closed.