Random Mechanics: The (more or less) Complete Saga

All Random Mechanics challenges will be held here from now on. Stay tuned!

Comments

• edited July 2017
    - DELETED -
  • -REDACTED-
  • -OBSCURED-
  • -ERASED-
  • -BANISHED-
  • -NEGLECTED-
  • -EXILED-
  • -EXPELLED-
  • @Stormtide, calm down there, Professor.
  • Also, as a general announcement, the first challenge under this forum will go live Saturday.
  • [DATA EXPUNGED]
  • edited July 2017
    NEW CHALLENGE!!!
    ============

Normal Entry Rules:

You must use (at least) one of the following mechanics to make your best card: Heroic, Cascade, Miracle. You may only use these mechanics and Evergreen mechanics (if you don't know what Evergreen mechanics are, look it up, these are basic things you probably need to know as a Cardsmith). If there are any questions, at mention me.

Entry Rules for Previous Winner(s):

@TenebrisNemo, remember how I let you pick all 3 mechanics? Maybe it wasn't out of the kindness of my own heart, maybe I just wanted to get crazy with THIS challenge. Simply put: You MUST use all 3 mechanics, and can't use ANY OTHER MECHANICS (even Evergreens). Love you, mean it.

End Date:

I really don't know when to end this, I'll wait for at least 5 submissions from different people before going on to judge, but I'll try to be patient before raising the gate on submissions. Good luck everyone, I'll post when I'm getting ready to shut off submissions.
  • imageimage
    I decided to just do one with all three, and see how it works out this time
  • @TheAcidicSniper - Oh boy, I accept the challenge!
  • edited August 2017
    Here is one that combines heroic with cascade, though it was tough to come up with how the ability would work. I first had it that when you cast a spell that targets him he would give it cascade, but cascade triggers at casting and is put on the top of the stack above that card, so it wouldn't trigger that way. I then had it where it would make a copy of the spell and give it cascade, but that also wouldn't work since copies aren't cast and they don't have mana costs. So I came up with this. I am still not sure about the mana cost thought, seems like a really good ability, and maybe i should raise it. Anyways, here it is:

--EDIT--

I remade the card, as I believed the first one was way overpowered. I think this solves that problem, thought I am still not sure on mana cost, and I would be happy for some feedback.
  • "before raising the gate on submissions" I think you mean "before lowering the gate" @TheAcidicSniper
  • Alright, here it is. Behold!

• Miracle:
  • Cascade:

@TheAcidicSniper
    Does this count? (Since it doesn't directly use cascade)
  • @koover, I'll allow it, and for future reference to anyone who may try something similar, something like this is contest legal. Good question, koover.
  • I apologize for my excruciatingly long absence. School hit hard, needed to be able to focus. Gonna make this short and sweet, winners are @koover for Beyond the Inconceivable, @Commander_Paratus for Spellcraft Manipulator, and @TenebrisNemo for Caitlin, Feline Hero. Excellent work you three, especially you Tenebris, that was a hell of an execution. Now each of you pick a mechanic and lets get the Random Mechanics train choo choo-ing again... is that a word? Choo choo-ing? Oh who cares.
This discussion has been closed.