Circuit Challenge: Meet the Souls

Hello folks.

I have a confession: I love creature cycles. The concept of a series of cards built around a particular mechanical theme has always attracted me. You might remember a previous contest of mine Meet the Blades. Well, I think it's time for another iteration on the concept, using another mostly-forgotten cycle of creatures: the Souls!

image imageimage

These guys were the poor man's version of the Titan Cycle. Each one represented a plane, but they didn't capture that particularly well. (Really, Soul of Zendikar? Beast tokens to represent the 'land world'? For shame.)

But I think you guys can do it better! So for my next challenge, I'd like you fine Cardsmiths to design your own version of the Souls!

Here are your rules:
1. Cards must be a creature with the subtype Avatar.
2. Cards must be rare or mythic.
3. Cards must have an activated ability that can be used from the battlefield or once from another zone (we'll open it up a bit, so not necessarily the graveyard).
4. Cards must be named Soul of X (where X is a plane).

General guidelines:
All colors and combinations are on the table.
Yes, you can redo a plane already done by the original six Souls.
Yes, you can choose a plane of your own design. If you do, link me to see other cards from that world so I can get a feel for what the plane is like.
Contest closes in two weeks or so.
Limit of three entries per person.

Prizes!
First place gets four likes!
Second place gets three likes!
Third place gets two likes!
Honorable mentions get their entries liked!

Judging criteria will be creativity, proper smithing, and most importantly: theming. If you're gonna make the soul of a plane, it should really capture what the world is all about! Have fun and happy Cardsmithing!

EDIT: Now we have a Circuit Challenge! Victors in this challenge will also be awarded the following prizes:
1st Place = 1 Circuit Point
2nd Place = 3/4 Circuit Point
3rd Place = 1/2 Circuit Point
Honorable Mentions = 1/4 Circuit Point

Comments

This discussion has been closed.