Random Mechanics - Season List

Hello everyone, it's been a while since the last one of these. A lot happened and it prevented me from being able to judge at the time, but thankfully after a period of silence, I feel ready to get back into Random Mechanics. Let us begin by going over the rules, which will help for new people as well as any rusty returners. This will also let me address the new direction I'd like to take RM!

WHATS THE GOAL?
At the beginning of each challenge, 3 mechanics will be given. Your goal is to make a balanced, interesting card using at least one of those mechanics.

WHAT ALL IS JUDGED?
Every aspect of a card is judged. This ranges from balance, creativity, card art selection, grammar, templating, and overall appeal. It should be balanced, yet it should be applicable to real decks. That being said, no amount of complexity makes any entry better than a simple one. Sometimes even a very simple common could be more relevant, useful, or creative than a super complicated card. Keep all this in mind.

CAN I USE OTHER MECHANICS?
Aside from the mechanics given for each challenge, you may ONLY use Evergreen keywords. Please use the following link (in the Current heading) as a reference:  https://mtg.gamepedia.com/Evergreen

HOW MANY ENTRIES CAN I HAVE?
Only one entry is permitted per person.

WHO WINS AND WHATS THE PRIZE?
I select the three best entires out of what is submitted. Those winners each get to pick one mechanic (they cannot be custom mechanics) that will appear in the next challenge. It is both a strategic and fun way of deciding the next set of mechanics. Each of these winners will receive points after each round as well, 1st receiving 4, 2nd receiving 2, and 3rd receiving 1. These points will have purpose and meaning later, but for now, know you'll want to accumulate as many as you can. Each winning entry will also receive a favorite from yours truly, marking its superiority.

HOW LONG DOES A CHALLENGE LAST?
Each challenge will last at least 3 days, unless a rule states otherwise. That is regardless of any presented issue, like a lack of entries. After 3 days, a challenge is subject to closure unless entries are coming in steadily or someone has expressly requested an extra day. Alternatively, a vote for challenge extention can be made as well.

ANY TWISTS?
Glad you asked, because the answer is absolutely. Each round will feature some sort of rules twist. Maybe a contest ends 24 hours after the first entry is submitted? Perhaps those who chose a mechnanic must use that mechanic only, excluding even Evergreens? Or could there even be some kind of monarchy over the 1st place winner choosing all three mechanics? Many surprises await, but a good portion will expressly put strain on winners, keeping the playing field relatively even and the stakes high.

With all that said, Random Mechanics will be underway soon, so keep an eye out here for the link to Random Mechanics: Season One. I'll see you all there!
This discussion has been closed.