Mystery Box Challenges

Comments

• Mystery Box Labs

Mode 3: Art Thou Great?!

For this quick little mode, you'll need to supply a card for your challenge that uses your own art or the art of another cardsmith.

@TheRacingTurtle your mystery box contains:
    • A Mystery Challenge: Create an artifact card with small font.
    @AboveAndAbout your mystery box contains:

• A Big Bomb: You may destroy 2 entries. (Those entries won't be judged.)
    • A Mystery Challenge: Create a Hydra creature card.

• If I have a mystery box I requested in this thread, would I put the finished card in this thread or the corresponding limited thread?
  • Are they random? The destroyed entries?
  • @AboveAndAbout did you ever think you’d be entrusted with so many explosives in a week? :smile:
  • Mystery Box Deadlines

@TheDukeOfPork your mystery box contains:
    • A Mystery Challenge: Create a Simic guild card.
    • -OR-
    • A Mystery Challenge: Create a creature you can sacrifice.
    @Yonkers11 your mystery box contains:
    • A Mystery Challenge: Create a black/red hybrid colored land.
    • -OR-
    • A Mystery Challenge: Seizures is a weird card.. Create another "medical" related magic card.
    • Plentiful Bounties: Everyone in this batch chooses between two challenges.

• Alright, here you go, a legendary goblin!

Gibbil Completely Lost

May I get another box please?
  • Mystery Challenge (Deadlines): Create a black enchantment you can sacrifice.
    https://mtgcardsmith.com/view/wicked-sacrament

• edited January 2021
    A Mystery Challenge (Encounters): Create a creature that can Mutate [Optional: and that has lightning its name or artwork.]

https://mtgcardsmith.com/view/baahl-apex-of-lightning

My box also came with much booty.

God Tablet: You may create a mode. - @jpastor , I read the modes I could find in forums because I can no longer find the list I remember seeing, and design one from there: "But Turtles Aren't For Racing" - Design a (creature subtype) that doesn't include it's (traditional colour identity). For example, design a demon that isn't black.

Bombs Flying Everywhere: Everyone in this batch gets a bomb.

Favourites: You may accept 2 favourites of your choice + 3 of jpastor’s choice. - Whatever leaps out at you when you look at my page would be great thanks J.

Hugs: You get 1 favourite of jpastor’s choice + you may have jpastor donate 3 favourites to any 1 cardsmith of your choice. - Can you send my hugs over @Yonkers11 way.

Magnifying Glass: When you submit your entry for this challenge, you may have target cardsmith who submitted an entry in small font resubmit it in large font. - It looks like the previous entries in Encounters have all been made with large font already, so I shall let my magnifying glass go unused.

• Taking on the Conqueror's Boxes, starting with The Knight's Templar Box - Create an Assembly-Worker artifact creature card or create a card that creates Assembly-Worker artifact creature card tokens.

https://mtgcardsmith.com/view/clockwork-foundry-2

• Conqueror's Boxes, The Sweet & Swirly Box - Create an artifact creature that can gain flying.

https://mtgcardsmith.com/view/lotus-temple-guardian

• Here's mine for the deadlines:

"Create a creature with pro. black"

Harmonious Bladedancer
  • Another deadlines box please!
  • Made for Mystery Box Encounters:

"Create a creature with Battalion"
    Hallowed Servants

• Conqueror's Boxes, The Average Joe Box - Innistrad's darkness is filled with vampires and ghouls... Create one of the two in the form of a creature living in Innistrad.

I thought I'd make an average Joe made up of average Joes.

https://mtgcardsmith.com/view/rotmaw-mass-grave

• @TheRacingTurtle thanks for the favorites!
  • For this quick little mode, you'll need to supply a card for your challenge that uses your own art or the art of another cardsmith.
    • A Mystery Challenge: Create an artifact card with small font.

The second time I've had to do arts and crafts for a mystery box. Definitely preferred my first attempt more :smile:
    https://mtgcardsmith.com/view/ruinous-gearhulk

• I will wrap up most of the limited time discussions by announcing winners and posting final requested boxes today. They'll appear in this discussion. Teams discussion is still open until entries are submitted there. The tournament will be under way shortly and will close upon completion.

After all said and done, we'll make a return back to shuffling the various modes in this discussion... This limited time series was helpful, fun, and worthwhile. It really let me know what was more popular and more engaging. So going forward, I'll be able to revise the shuffle list of modes to be a little more interesting!
  • edited January 2021

Mystery Box Duels

@AboveAndAbout vs @TheDukeOfPork your duels mystery box contains: (Winner @TheDukeOfPork)
    • Winner takes prizes 120 and 181: Favorites and Hugs
    • Your shared duels mystery challenge: Create a two mana kill spell.
    @TheRacingTurtle vs @FORFUN your duels mystery box contains: (Winner @FORFUN)
    • Winner takes prize 75: Prophet's Mask
    • Your shared duels mystery challenge: Aladdin is an old card. Create another Disney character card. 
    @CassZero vs @jpastor (Judged by everyone else) your duels mystery box contains:
    • Winner takes prize 104: Favorites
    • Your shared duels mystery challenge: Create an Artifact Creature with echo.

Mystery Box Draft

@Yonkers11 @TheRacingTurtle @AboveAndAbout @CassZero @Aggroman15

Choose a box that hasn't been chosen-

The Champions Box 
    contains: (drafted & completed by Yonkers11)
    • Staff of Banishment: You may exile target cardsmith from this draft. (Used Immediately. They can't pick a box, and unpick any box they've already picked.)
    • A Mystery Challenge: Create a card with a quote from Mystic Elder in the flavor text.
    The Miracle Workers Box contains: (drafted by TheRacingTurtle)
    • Firecracker: When you submit your entry, you may destroy 1 other entry chosen at random.
    • A Mystery Challenge: Create a Sylvan card.
    The Madman's Cigar Box contains: (drafted by AboveAndAbout)
    • Favorites When you submit your entry, you'll get 1 favorite for every cardsmith who has submitted an entry this draft.
    • Favorites: jpastor will favorite all entries for this Draft.
    • A Mystery Challenge: Create a card with Japanese architecture in the artwork.
    The Half In, Half Schwinn Box contains: (drafted by CassZero)
    • A Mystery Challenge: Create a spell that allows you to gain life (in the amount equal to the mana cost of the first entry any cardsmith posts for this draft.)
    The Corrupt Fujative Box contains: (forcefully given to @Aggroman15 )
    • Exotic Silk: You may submit two entries for this challenge, your normal entry + an entry from another contest if it fits this mystery challenge.
    • A Mystery Challenge: Create a gnarly gnar gnar Wurm creature card.

Mystery Box Labs

@TheRacingTurtle you labs mystery box contains:
    • Hugs: You may have jpastor donate 3 favorites to any one cardsmith + accept 2 favorites of jpastor's choice for you.
    • A smART Mystery Challenge: Create a card using this artwork by Vitogh:  (completed)
    @Aggroman15 your labs mystery box contains:
    • A smART mystery challenge: Create a card using this artwork by Darek Zabrocki: 

Mystery Box Deadlines

@TheDukeOfPork your deadlines mystery box contains: (completed)
    • A Mystery Challenge: Create a card with an Imprint ability.
    • -OR-
    • A Mystery Challenge: Create a card that affects all creatures with [blank].
    @Yonkers11 your deadlines mystery box contains: (completed)
    • Plentiful Bounties: Everyone in this batch chooses between two mystery challenges
    • A Mystery Challenge: Create a card that uses quest counters.
    • -OR-
    • A Mystery Challenge: Create a five-colored Sorcery spell.
    @Aggroman15 your deadlines mystery box contains:
    • A Mystery Challenge: Create a card that uses ki counters.
    • -OR-
    • A Mystery Challenge: Create a Hippo creature card.
    @CassZero your deadlines mystery box contains:
    • A Mystery Challenge: Create a card with a squirrel in the artwork.
    • -OR-
    • A Mystery Challenge: Create a [subtype] + Wizard creature card.
    @AboveAndAbout your deadlines mystery box contains:
    • A Mystery Challenge: Create a red/white hybrid-colored creature.
    • -OR-
    • A Mystery Challenge: Create an Aura with "Enchant tapped creature."
  • I'll take the madman's cigar box. Plus, can I get a deadline box?
  • edited January 2021
    Thanks for all the hard work you put into these jpastor, looks like a serious commitment to make. I’ll draft the Miracle Workers box please.
  • edited January 2021
    @AboveAndAbout tacked it on to the post...

@TheRacingTurtle congrats on conquering all the boxes ... your prize = 1 favorite of your choice, unless I'm miscounting the number of smiths that entered a card for that one.

Alright everyone, as of now, we are back to normal Mystery Box format in this discussion only. A random mode will be chosen. All you need to do is request a mystery box in this discussion as you always have once you've turned in any unfinished challenge cards from this past week.

Mystery Box Teams will conclude on Wednesday after judging. 

The Mystery Box Tournament will be the last little bit of the limited series mystery boxes and will commence soon. 

Upon completion of these remaining two discussions, all Limited Time Mystery Box discussions will close and become references to all that will take place in this discussion in the future.

Thank you so much for your hard work this past week and weekend. I really had a blast multi-tasking, and I hope you had fun going full throttle with all things Mystery Box for a short stint. 

• i claim champions box
  • edited January 2021
    -retracted-

• Conquerors Map
    ok here be my deadlines box card
  • Spirit Bear
    ok heres my cool card for the cool draft.

As for my cool "better bomb"... dang i dont want to make anyone mad... Ok.
    @AboveAndAbout kzap there goes you sorry

This discussion has been closed.