Mystery Box Challenges

Comments

• Hey uh JP you probaly did not see this card a made for you.

• Mystery Boxes

Labs 7 - Mechanix

@KorandAngels Your mystery box contains:
    • A Diamond: You may reveal an undiscovered prize from the mystery list.
    • A Mechanic Mystery Challenge: Create a card that uses @Mila's mechanic, Foul (At the beginning of your upkeep, put a -1/-1 counter on this creature. When being blocked, move a -1/-1 counter on the creature blocking it.)
  • @jpastor it's been a while, here's my card. Can I have another box?

- A Mystery Challenge: Some creatures have an ability that makes them stronger in some way if an opponent's life total is less than #. Create one of these creatures.

https://mtgcardsmith.com/view/valmokis-cruel-thirst
  • edited January 2021

Mystery Boxes

@Fantastickill7 welcome back to the thread. Hope you've been well. Your mystery box contains:
    • A Mystery Challenge: Create a rare black Aura.
  • Here's the two-mana kill spell-

Hooray!
  • @jpastor ;
    • A Mystery Challenge: Create a rare black Aura.

https://mtgcardsmith.com/view/curse-of-crows

Can I have another box pls?
  • A card with imprint-

Yeah, this might be broken, op, might be under-powered, I dunno. I was stuck between {3}{w/b}, {4}{w/b} and {4}{w/b}{w/b}.

• edited January 2021
    -Whoopsy-
  • edited January 2021
    -Silly me-
  • edited January 2021
    -Scratched-
  • edited January 2021
    -Retracted-
  • Hey could  have my prizes?
  • @TheDukeOfPork if you're referring to your duels prizes you have to defeat @AboveAndAbout to earn them first.
  • I'll post my entries soon.
  • No i mean the deadline one.

• edited January 2021

Mystery Boxes

@Fantastickill7 your mystery box contains:
    • Favorites: At the end of the day, you get 1 favorite for each entry you submitted.
    • A Mystery Challenge: Create a black un card.
    @TheDukeOfPork I see no deadline prize for you. The last deadline you got a choice between two challenges. I might be missing something, what am I missing? I'm so hungry.
  • Oh, i miss-saw that! Sorry!
  • My entry for the duel:
    Magmatic Spew

• Here you go.

https://mtgcardsmith.com/view/ben-enforcer-of-justice

if I could have another one I would be much thankful
  • For the tournament:
    Guildpact Musing
    Multikicker 3 means you can only kick it a max of 3 times.
  • @TheDukeOfPork wins the duel and gets: 
    • Favorites: You may accept a favorite on your most recent card other than your most recent entry.
    • Hugs: You may have jpastor donate 2 favorites to any one cardsmith of your choice + you get 1 favorite of your choice.
  • Can you give me some feedback @jpastor?
  • @jpastor , could I have another mystery box? 
  • @AboveAndAbout love the card... I actually preferred it to your opponent's... but....
    just some technicalities to correct....

...unless MTG has changed their grammar since I've played last...

"Magmatic Spew" deals the damage so mention that in the damage ability.....

ALSO

1 damage [to each of up] to 3 target creatures.... the way it is worded... again if i'm not mistaken.... 

is...

You are dealing 1 damage divided as you choose amongst three target creatures.... which is incorrect because you don't deal damage... the spell does... and only one creature would get dealt damage since only 1 damage can be assigned total....

ALSO....

Last but not least.....

I feel like this is overpowered... for 2 mana and sacrifice a worthless creature... you can ... destroy... three target creatures.....

so ...

going forward... your idea is wonderful...art and design is beautiful.... just pay a little attention to how your wording actually plays out.... sometimes we can't make a card perfect.. but in this case, I feel you could have with the right wording.

:smiley:

• edited January 2021

Mystery Boxes

Deadline - Pork & Beans

A deadline has initiated. At the end of the deadline, the top three cards will be named. 1st Place = X favorites + 5 deadline points
    2nd Place = Y favorites + 3 deadline points
    3rd Place = Z favorites + 1 deadline point

The pork and beans deadline goes as follows... your mystery challenge will be a random combination of 1-5 of the listed challenges below.

Here we go:
    1. Devoid
    2. ?
    3. Zendikar in its name
    4. ?
    5. ?
    6. ?
    7. ?
    8. ?
    9. A quote from a God in flavor text
    10. ?
    11. ?
    12. Legendary
    13. ?
    14. ?
    15. ?
    16. ?
    17. -1/-1 counters
    18. ?
    19. Threshold
    20. P/T each not = CMC
    21. ?
    22. Targets a player
    23. Five-color identity
    24. ?
    @Fantastickill7 Your deadline box contains:
    • Favorites: For each entry you submit this deadline, you get 1 favorite at the end of the deadline.
    • A Mystery Challenge: Pork & Beans (x5) - A Combination of Challenges 3, 1, 20, 22, and 9. (A devoid creature whose power and toughness each aren't equal to its mana cost... that also has an ability that targets a player... that also has Zendikar in its name and a quote from a God in the flavor text.)
    @Potato13 Hello there buddy! Your mystery box contains:
    • A Mystery Challenge: Pork & Beans (x4) - A combination of challenges 23, 19, 20, and 12. (Create a Legendary creature card with a 5-color identity and with a threshold ability, and whose power and toughness each aren't equal to its mana cost.)
    @AboveAndAbout your deadline mystery box contains:
    • A Mystery Challenge: Pork & Beans (x1) - Challenge 17 (Create a card that uses -1/-1 counters.)
  • Can I have a box?
This discussion has been closed.