• edited November 2018
    DIMIR'S PICK:

@ningyounk

AZORIUS' PICK:

@ASubtleGhost

ORZHOV'S PICK:

@sanjaya666
  • @Vardrus

The guilds liked yours, it respected their standards. HOWEVER, they didn't take it, because they felt that damage dealing just isn't really their thing.

@Lujikul

The guilds really appreciated yours for the sacrificial ability, HOWEVER, it felt a little, let's say, large to them. The dimir are the guild of stealth after all, and the Orzhov are a crime syndicate with intricate operations as well.

@Bobman111

It is a really powerful artefact, which resonated with both white guilds extremely. HOWEVER both were quite afraid to let someone with the power to create such artefacts by their side.
  • And at last,

@Aggroman15

Sorry, buddy. With the powers they are going up against, a 1/1 with a scry (the dimir prefer surveil) falls just below the bar of acceptance.

You have survived one elimination, and were a welcome member of the cast, but now your time has come. Pack up your wooden suitcases, take a swig of water, pack a bottle of firejuice, and lead your empire home.

• edited November 2018
  • NEW CHALLENGE:

WAR!

@Lujikul @Bobman111

The Anserians are exploring the deep wood where they run into NYA VENGANT!

Naturally, the Anserians try to claim the rest of the dark wood as theirs, but the almighty Nya knows better than that! She declares the Anserians leave them alone, or it's war.

Long story short - it's war.

@sanjaya666 @ningyounk

The two powers explore the desert with their respective vassalised nations... where they run into each other!

If the desert is conquered, the nation that controls it will be able to break out into the west of the eye, but there is one tiny problem. Which nation will it be?

@ASubtleGhost @Vardrus

You guys are far away from each other, so you can't really meet.

So,

Haavingard Dwarves VS Dragons. Yep. Mountain Dragons. Did you expect me not to throw in mountain dragons?

Sorcerers of Ratha VS Nautilians! Octo-people!

Now, exactly what will happen?

You will each drop me a secret message with your card in there. And yes, going on someone's home page to see what cards they have prepared is cheating.

Then, I will reveal the pairings, and see the winning side in each one. The winner will get land, and the other one a chip on their shoulder which might resurface in late-game.

And NO DEADLINE, take your time with this one.

• edited November 2018
    @HeroKP What kind of card? What are the specific requirements for the card? A card like board wipe that can wipe out an entire nation? Or an Eldrazi titan? A madly powerful planeswalker? Or just a leap frog?
  • @sanjaya666

Oh, stupid me!

This has to be

A HISTORIC (For those who didn't play dominaria: A historic is anything legendary, an artifact or a saga, but mtg cardsmith doesn't make those)

And it has to be in the colour identity of your empire.

That's it. That's all the limitations. gEt cReAtIvE!
  • OK. It was fun while it lasted. I was kind of rushed making the card, so it was probably quite underpowered compared to the other cards. Thanks for the contest!
  • edited November 2018
    @sanjaya666
    Adelhi vs. Adalia... That's going to be interesting ;)

image image

@HeroKP
    P.S: Are Sagas still allowed? If so, I can make the template for those who don't have access to MSE, just send me the text and illustration ^^

• If Sagas are allowed, I’ve got a killer idea, once I find a good art.
  • @ningyounk

You are... but sagas are really overused, so you can make ONLY ONE SAGA IN THE CONTEST.
  • @all

Sorry guys, I don't wanna do this, but I feel like this contest will die if I don't. So there is a deadline, and it is NEXT WEDNESDAY!
  • From the spectator stand: Hooray. Action.
  • My bad, I couldn't find a compelling idea, decided I would wait a little until something came to me, and then forgot about it entirely >.< It's surprisingly challenging to design a card about a fight when you don't know what your opponent is doing at the same time (for instance, I considered doing a "surprise attack" card, but what if Sanjaya666 is doing the exact same thing? Actually, this isn't unlikely considering he/she's representing Mardu colours xD)

I hope I was not the only one holding the contest back? Anyways, I entered my card via private message now, and I chose something very simple which I hope feel like an approach only the Forsaken Angels would take ;)
  • @HeroKP Dealing-with-dragons-trick almost ready. Sorry for the wait.
  • @ASubtleGhost don't worry, just be in time for wednesday
  • I'll try to get it done, I don't have a lot of time
  • Done. The wait is over.
  • FIRST MATCHUP @Lujikul @Bobman111 :

The Anserian Empire!

SECOND MATCHUP @ningyounk @sanjaya666 :

The Fallen Angels!

THIRD MATCHUP @ASubtleGhost :

FOURTH MATCHUP @Vardrus :

Unfortunately, the merfolk leader has evaded your chains!

• edited November 2018
    @HeroKP
    =D
    Also, could we see the rest of the cards as well please? I'm curious to see the pairings together ^^
  • @all

Sorry for the wait guys, had a ton of work to do. But I'm back now!

For our 3rd ELIMINATION CHALLENGE!

We'll make a throwback to September, when it all started. Personalised challenges!

Rules are the same, individual challenges, if someone doesn't post, they're out, if everyone posts, the best stay, the worst is out.
  • @Lujikul

An egg mushroom plant. Don't ask. Just do it.

@Bobman111

This is going on a bit of a tangent, but hear me out. The shame of defeat against a dark force was too much for one of your soldiers. So much in fact, that his planeswalker spark ignited! He planeswalked to Ravnica, and now works for the Selesnya. Make that planeswalker.

@ningyounk

Time for you to sail the high seas! Make a naval-related card.

@sanjaya666

Ok, I'll settle for "God save the Lady", just MAKE IT!

@ASubtleGhost

I TRIED. I TRIED! But when you have taken over the whole ridge, and then some, you HAVE to encounter the humans! You HAVE to! Make a card representing how you make first contact. A spy's keen eyes? A warm welcome? Or shall tehy perhaps... face your blades?

@Vardrus

You decided that the islands will be yours yet, and started to explore inland. Make a card to represent that exploration.

Deadline: NEXT MONDAY!
  • To cover their presence and tracks from spies, the sorcerers drain the mana in their surrounding to create an illusion around them, that fools anyone looking at it. However, they drain quite a lot of mana and behind them, they leave a track of dead plants, soil etc. In conclusion, they like to move unnoticed but it is only hard to find them, not to see where they have been.

• @HeroKP Unfortunately I will be dropping out of this competition. I simply don't have time to make cards, life is just very confusing right now and I'm doing a lot of personal stuff right now, I'm sorry, but my forces will be returning home
  • @Bobman111 It is ok. We will honour you. You have survived 2 eliminations, only to drop out because of troubles back home.

I grant you: The PaperRPG seal of approval
  • edited November 2018
    Man, I wish I saw this sooner. Oh well.

Edit: I saw the sidekick program on on an earlier page. Is it possible if I could join one of the guilds as a sidekick (possibly the esper guild?)
  • edited November 2018
    One egg mushroom plant, coming up!

This discussion has been closed.