Rhetorical Oracle *Class Challenge #2*

Class is in session!

Your Class Challenge of this month is to make cards feature some specified rhetorical devices.

These devices include:

Alliteration - the repetition of the same letter or sound at the beginning of consecutive words or of words near one another.
"Let us lead the land we love." (John F. Kennedy)
Assonance - the same or similar vowel sounds within closely occurring words.
Could've, would've, should've.
Juxtaposition - a visual effect that is used to contrast two ideas. An example of this is photos of urban sprawl where the urban and natural areas merge in an artistic way.
Paranomasia - a play upon words of like sound but different meaning. (A type of pun.)
"Not I, believe me. You have dancing shoes with nimble soles. I have a soul of lead so stakes me to the ground I cannot move." - Romeo, in Romeo & Juliet.

Prizes:
First Place will receive 5 favorites, a follow, and a month of premium membership.
Second Place will receive 5 favorites and a follow.
Third place will receive 3 favorites and a follow.
There will be two HMs who will each receive 3 favorites.

Due date:
1/31/19

No old cards allowed unless you directly speak to me about it and I give the go ahead. Old cards permitted will be deducted 5 points out of the 100 maximum score. Old cards that weren’t permitted will not be judged and deduct 10 points from their creators’ highest scoring cards.

Basically I am encouraging you to do new things.

You are allowed 2 cards per rhetorical device.

Just like last time, a teacher of mine will be judging your cards. Mrs. W will be helping me assess the rhetorical devices you use and will double check grammar.

Comments

This discussion has been closed.