Tournament of Champions 2 Rematch (The game has begun)

Comments

• @sanjaya666 - Isn't that @Corwinnn's champion from the previous thread? The champions who lost in that thread are not allowed to play in the tournament anymore.

@HeroKP - Can I get the link to Yagara's signature card?
  • edited January 2019
    @TenebrisNemo I actually just made it yesterday so... I have no idea about what you're talking about.

Can I still join or not?
  • edited January 2019
    @TenebrisNemo Ok so I accidentally made it with the same name as @Corwinnn's champion so...

Well... just think it as the planeshifted version of @Corwinnn's one.

It's a multiversal thing, you know...
  • @sanjaya666 - I'm not sure if I want to let you join, considering what happened last time...
  • @TenebrisNemo I remember last time but I think a chance can be given. Just make it like probation, @sanjaya666 can join under watch and if anything goes wrong I'm sure someone else could take the spot. I even know how to fit it into the story if everyone agrees.
  • @TenebrisNemo - I agree with @pjbear2005. Just give him one chance to redeem himself.
  • @TenebrisNemo
    What if I say 'I'm sorry for the last accident yes I know that was very childish from me so, I apologize for that, please?'
  • What happened?
  • @Bowler218

Some drama in the first Tournament of Champions 2. I think it started here http://forums.mtgcardsmith.com/discussion/comment/107744/#Comment_107744 during sanjaya's story segment "Start the Journey"
  • edited January 2019
    PRODUCTRECALL
  • @Bowler218 - It's best if we let sleeping ponies get their rest.
  • @sanjaya666 The character card might have been created yesterday but her signature card that references her in the flavor text was made the first of May last year when the tournament was active. So the character is clearly older and old enough for you have have actively known about Corwinnn's Mariko.
    Unless you edited an 9 months old card just to add a character quote which would be strange.

Just wanted to point that out.

Also I believe there would be no problem to give the boy a chance for redemption. What's the worst that can happen?
  • @Jonteman93 Alright, alright, if the cards are the main problems I'll make some new ones jeez...
  • edited January 2019
    I took a check over the contenders thus far.

Contenders that were in the old tournament but have not joined yet (10)
    @KalamMekhar - Vir
    @bubbasnickey - Karnax
    @barchae - Ronnie
    @NokiSkaur - Bubbles
    @Iseebirds - Kozar
    @MrPirate89 - Sunex
    @Scott_Anderson - Lobberknot
    @TheCenterOfTheUniverse - Caphria
    @YaGirlSophie - Eleron
    @SpiritDragon - Threndal

Returned Contenders (6)
    @Lujikul - Gyar
    @pakashara - Sylva
    @pjbear2005 - Pele
    @Faiths_Guide - Kift
    @shadow123 - Tai
    @DoctorFro - Koorir

New Contenders (12)
    @Jonteman93 - Braekun
    @Bowler218 - Delian
    @ASubtleGhost - Onara
    @notmyprimespeaker - Drellen
    @AxNoodle - Dostran
    @Kandra127 - Okar
    @Beastakles - Otila
    @KorandAngels - Salian
    @HeroKP - Bab Yagara
    @Derfaulehelmut- Wula
    @KJMartin - Gorak
    @sanjaya666 - Rin Yuu

Where 3 of these are returning Smiths:
    @Kandra127, @HeroKP, @sanjaya666
  • Koorir is reentering in the contest as he is I just need to give him a new border at some point
  • Caphria will not be reentering the contest; I unfortunately don't have as much time nowadays that I can spend on this as I did.
  • @DoctorFro "Do it!" - Palpatine

@TheCenterOfTheUniverse It does not take much to re-enter. Also since you was with before, you already have character traits for Caphria established so you don't need to spend much if any time here in the beginning.
    Caphria is an excellent card so I believe you could make it far even if you don't write anything story related.
  • @sanjaya666 - Alright then, I'll let you join, but I want you to enter a champion that is not too similar to those who lost in the previous thread (e.g. have the same name). I know you didn't want the things to go that way before, and I might have been too strict and unfair host. This is just a silly tournament anyways, so something like that should not have happened in the first place. Put your champion to this thread, and I will treat it normally like every other new player's card in the knockout competition and the whole tournament if he/she/it gets in.

@Everyone - When @DoctorFro's and @sanjaya666's (future) entries are counted in, there are 18 champions currently. 6 of them have a guaranteed spot since they won in the previous thread, so it means that when the deadline arrives with these entries, there will be a knockout competition where the best 10 champions will be chosen from 12 champions. Once it's done, we have 16 champions and the game will begin again.

Since we already have enough champions to start a 16 contestant's tournament, the deadline will arrive in about two days, 23:59 EET (Eastern European Time), 30th of January, one week earlier than what I stated when I created this thread.

@TheCenterOfTheUniverse - I agree with @Jonteman93, you can simply copy/paste Caphria's background and/or traits from the previous thread for the new players and put her into this thread. There is (probably) plenty of time to write something before her match during this tournament's 1st round, and if she would win it, you may even return in time to create her 2nd stage version and continue her story. But I do not know your current situation, so if you can't do it, then so be it.
  • @TenebrisNemo @Jonteman93 I understand that, and thank you for encouraging me to continue.
    I have chosen not to continue however for two reasons: The first, and less important, of those is time, as I don't know how much time I can invest into this and I don't want to make it less enjoyable for others. More importantly, however, I am certain that whoever takes my place will enjoy this tournament much more than me, so I don't want to rob others of that opportunity.
  • @TheCenterOfTheUniverse - Then your time with the tournament is over. Thanks for joining in the previous thread. I wish you good luck with the (most likely) more important things that keep you busy!
  • edited January 2019
    So, here's my re-entry:

And the signature card just because why not.

• We have 18 people, so why can't we have everyone?
    @TenebrisNemo
  • @Bowler218 - Because it's impossible to put 18 people into a tournament bracket, unless we would make an unfair one. A bracket which must lead the two finalists to a 1vs1 match must either have 8 contestants, 16, 32, and so on...
  • edited January 2019
    @Bowler218 What do you mean by everyone? Like a thousand of people?
  • you could make an extra 1v1 for the 2 extra people
  • @KorandAngels - Right, when we have 16 champions fighting each other and the 2 extras, we will have 9 winners left. Now tell me, where do we put the champion who won in the extra match? You can't put it anywhere, for there is no room for them in the bracket afterward.
  • @tenebrisnemo oh. hm................(20 more dots) oh yeah.
  • Of we get two more, it would equal out. With 2 extras in side 1 and 2 in side 2
  • @Bowler218 - The same problem would come later in the game. I think you should check out this bracket of the previous tournament, so you'll see how the matches should be put so everyone has equal amount of matches if they get to the final: https://challonge.com/kjourdln
This discussion has been closed.