The Earth, Reborn - Shape Your World

Comments

• I'm keeping Greece, i'm just setting up story for it.
  • @pjbear2005
    Northern Norway, yes (so that's the colder, lesser populated occasionally Artic part).
  • edited February 2019
    When the collapse of modern life as we know it came, a thick, unending fog rolled in, covering much of the land formerly known as Australia. Before the collapse, the land was rumored to be full of creatures that'd attempt to kill you. And now, with the accursed fog, many creatures of the land have been warped into horrific monstrosities that utilize the mists to their full advantage as ambush hunters.

imageimage

The fog over this land, now known as Aussin, is omnipresent, making its way everywhere except major towns, which still become blanketed in the mist throughout the night. And nighttime is the most dangerous time to be out and about. The fog becomes so thick literally anything can hide in it, even the shambling husks that once resembled those who died in the early days of the collapse.

imageimage

It is not uncommon for some who stray too far to become swallowed up by the mist, never to be found. Eaten by some large monster, surely.

But perhaps the most chilling part of the eternal fog that hangs over Aussin is that there's a part of it that seems to move independently of the rest. Rumors are abound that it appears similar to a stampeding herd, but no one known to have seen it has survived to tell the tale, as it brings the native bloodthirsty predators along with it.

• Also, are we allowed to do more than one? I want to do San Francisco/ Angel Island and northern Norway.
  • The Alps colonies had to learn to deal with new predators like the Icewing dragons and the stalkers, reptiles grown to massives sizes and high levels of cunning.

image image image

But they also had to face even more terrible abominations in the form of corrupted human and yetis that crept from the Dead Zones into the mountains, seeking fresher hunting grounds, such as Azun, a gigantic mutant yeti whose flesh refused death, even though there were multiple reports of it being killed.

image image
  • https://mtgcardsmith.com/user/Bowler218/sets/38767
    The Greeks have reverted to going back to the old stories, using those tactics to fight off creatures from the three dead zones (represented on map of the dead zones) the two cities are Athens, the naval group, and Sparta, the infantry group. More will be posted as I find stuff I need to be able to show more of Empireal Greece
  • edited August 2019
    Wait, this is alive now?! I am taking the Galapagos!

Let's revive this, @KJMartin!
  • Claimed areas now are: Greece, Australia, the Galapagos, Germany, Alaska and New Zealand.
  • edited August 2019
    @KJMartin can I take the Carpathian Mountains (Transylvania basically)?
    It's not a country but I'ill be focusing on Romania and i have a few good ideas, most of which involve vampires.

EDIT: I can't spell.
  • edited August 2019
    HISTORY:

When the apocalypse began, no one expected much from the Galapagos with their famously fragile ecosystem. They were left to rot in the world collapsing, but they endured, despite their reputation. The creatures lived there, adapting against all odds, slowly evolving, until they got heir chance.
    A box of chinese robotics washed up on the shore of one of the islands, and history was changed. For these were not simple crates, but vessels, carrying technology that could ascend the lifeforms it conacted to new perfection.

I will make cards for how every species was modified by the tech, but now here's a tortle

• I'll claim Ghana then :D
  • edited August 2019
    I choose the Caribbean. The coasts and Yucatán Peninsula
    Xibalbá, the underworld, was subject to displacement by strong tectonic motion, getting closer to the mortal world, the once distant underground entrances were now visible trough the limestone and sand.

The Caribbean sea, filled with sediment, bone material and plenty of spirits from former sailors, became a house for unknown horrors that traverse the sea.
  • I might not make anything, but I claim The Moon.
  • edited August 2019
    After the world was thought over, in the small area of Ghana and now known as Ghavanna, an unknown mineral of powerful properties was located in its subsoil. This particular stone could provide magic capabilities, improve body mass, morph physiology, revive the dead, and many other.

Races of around the world have tried to access it, but Ghavannian tribes have worked together defending and worshipping the mineral. Even believing that it was some sort of godlike being providing powers to its loyals.

Unfortunately, some tensions have arisen with some tribes believing that they're more deserving of the God than others. War in Ghavanna is imminent.

And a couple of cards, probably more to come:
  • https://mtgcardsmith.com/view/the-new-york-giants

Is this what you were going for? It's a bit of an inside joke cause someone legitimately thought I was from New York.
  • edited August 2019
    I'm taking Praha, the capital of Czech Republic. You english speakers probably know it as "Prague" but I'm a bit against translating city names, especially the capitals. Also I'm a proud czech, so I'm using my native language. (Maybe I'll add the whole Czech Republic later, but I'm starting with Prague.)

image image

So, here's the story. When the magic burst into the world, many strange things started happening in Praha, the city of myths and history. Ghosts of old or mythological people were now roaming around the streets and the city slowly started to change. Everything was now returning to the medieval look.

Many people who survived to the new age turned to the old arts of alchemy (which Praha is also very well known for, especially for the age of Rudolph II.).

Now several centuries of mythological or real characters meet in the medieval capital of the Czech Republic.

(Sidenote, it's acually spelled Karlův most, mtg.design just wouldn't let me write "ů". It's like a long "u".)
  • edited August 2019
    image image

The first up is the old legend himself, Rabi Löw. It's not quite clear if he was a real historical figure or not, but that's not really important here. The legend says, that he created a man out of mud, called Golem. To bring the Golem to life, he needed a special item - Šém - that was put inside the Golem's forehead. It also required some mantras and very precise magical conditions.

The Golem was extremely strong and did every task, that his master ordered - but he overdid it every time. Once he was sent to the market for apples and he brought back the whole market stand! The next time something similar happened with when he was sent fishing. The third time things went really down hill. Rabi Löw's wife found out about the Golem and decided to try it, but when the Golem finished all her tasks, she forgot to take out the Šém to put the Golem to rest. The Golem, that was not used to not having an order to fulfill and needed to use his enormous strenght somehow, ran into the streets and started rampaging and destroying everything around. He was stopped by Rabi Löw, who ordered him to stop and took out the Šém. After realising, that the Golem is too strong, Rabi Löw locked him in the attic of a synagogue.

Now they have both returned and are walking the streets of old Praha again due to the recent burst of magic into our world.

• edited August 2019
    And here come the alchemists! As I said, many have turned to the old arts of alchemy, seeking power and protection in them. Some have given themselves freely, others were convinced by the demons of old Praha. The alchemists however split into two groups - the Devil's Way and the Rudolph's Army. The Devil's Way worships the dark side of alchemy, communicates with demons and summons them. Rudolph's Army consists of more peacefull alchemists, who try to continue what thealchemists of king Rudolph II started. I think it's not nesessary to say, that those two fractions don't really like each other. And now - to the cards!

image image image image image
  • I absolutely fell in love with this contest if you couldn't tell by the ammount of cards I made :D
  • I'm interested in this contest but am not quite sure on cards yet. Can I reserve New York's Hudson Valley for when I do?
  • edited August 2019
    I'll take China please.
  • edited August 2019
    https://mtgcardsmith.com/view/tachi-peace-keeper

All right.
    After the apocalypse, China reverted to its old dynastic system. The new emperor, Yamato Tachi enforced a brutal reign in his subjects, subjugating those who dissented with mechanical soldiers and demonic samurai. Peasants were forced to labor for hours in the rice fields and mechanical shops to keep the infrastructure stable.

But there were some who resisted this rule. They fled to the west of China and established a second kindom, ruled by a Japanese Daymio named Tokugawa Hamasaki. They are culture of samurai, with many divers species in their ranks, from humans and apes, to fish and lizards. They openly reject the emperor's rule, and periodically free peasants from his grasp.
  • https://mtgcardsmith.com/view/ruthless-oni

Here is a Demon from the emperor's army.
  • edited August 2019
    @Revan You know... Samurai aren't really a China thing.
  • edited August 2019
    @ThePhantomJoker
    I know. It's meant symbolize Japanese refugees assimilating with China and bringing their culture to the main land.
This discussion has been closed.