There can only be one Pirate King!

Gather round ye scallywags! The Pirate King as died (again)! One month hence the citizen of the Free City of Anarchy will gather to elect the new Pirate King! (The ones that can manage to fight their way to the ballot box at least!) So gather your crew and set sail, pillage and burn as much as you can! Earn your peers respect and fear and become the new Pirate King!

The Format:

Create a legendary creature to be your captain and canidate for the Pirate King!

Create one or two legendary creatures to be your captains right and/or left hand man/woman/gender-less being!

Create two cards indicative of the sort of crew you run with. They don't necessarily have to be creatures.

Create a card representing your mighty ship!

Create two cards representing your captains tactics/prowess/magic!

Finally create a card that show cases one of your captains Daring Deeds

The good citizens of the Free City of Anarchy do not have much in the way of attention span, so keep your lore light and let the cards speak for themselves. A line or two to put your cards in context is welcome, but much over that and you risk putting people to sleep!

The Rules:

There are no flipping rules! Pirates can be of any color including green and white! People didn't come to the Free City of Anarchy to comply with other peoples expectations! Uncards are welcome, you can post your entrees in whatever order pleases you!

May the worst man win!

Comments

• That sounds really interesting! Expect my entry :)
  • Do I need to make all the cards? That's a few too many for me.
  • edited July 2019
    Leader:
    The rural areas are as full of corruption and chaos as the ports. Kella and her band comes to the city for the chance to become the queen of pirates.
    (More later)
  • Very neat, I'll start considering ideas for this!
  • edited July 2019
    (Alright, let's just get some music playing here...

There we go! Anyways, on with the Pirating!)

Ahoy! Skuleayr (pronounced Skull-E-Air, if anyone was wondering) joins the ring with his ruthless band of zombies and skeletons, and his trusty ship the Crossbones.

Other cards coming soon.
  • edited July 2019
    Crew 1:
    Right Foot Man:
    Crew 2:
  • Tactics 1:
    Hey, I've nearly finished!
  • Oh I've got a few card designs that would be sweet for this.
  • edited July 2019
    Your new Pirate King

His Ship
    image image

First Mate

Crew Members
    image image

Support Cards
    image image
  • edited July 2019
    Deed:
    Prowess 2:

• What should I do for a ship? My pirates work on land.
  • @Korandangels Some sort of base or hideout.
  • Did someone say sTeAmPuNk aIr pIrAtEs?

No..?

Well, I'm going to do it anyway!

• @HeroKP
    Oh heck yes steampunk rocks!
  • edited July 2019
    The Tempest is feared across all seven seas as a ship that appears with a huge maelstrom around it.
    Xavi, Hurricane's Force has been the captain of The Tempest since he was 9 years old. He and his best mate, Valeria, sail the seas stealing from the oppressive and giving to the least fortunate.
    imageimage

Big thanks to Arceus8523 for showing me how to link images!
  • edited July 2019
    The candidate:

Shelly was once just a tavern girl until one day she had an accident with the local government that caused the destruction of her home and the fight that ensued also left her half-blind. Had nowhere else to go, she finally decided to join a warband of pirates, until she rose into the position of a captain through unsavory methods (mostly by seductions and backstabbings), in spite towards the unjust act of the country's authorities.

But still she is never alone because her beloved pet parrot is always there to cheer her up no matter of her problems.

The right hand:

The ship:
  • edited July 2019
    The captain:

The Ship(s)

The first Mate:

The daring deed:

The crew:

• People make Grixis pirates too often.
  • @SteampunkDragon

I like those cards, but can you please YEET them back to normal size? You're scaring me
  • edited July 2019
    Alexius's right hand woman and left hand automaton!

imageimage
  • Everyone: You can't make lands with crew

Me:

Crucible was built by Alexius' grandfather, Chernibilo Cog, who also ran a pirate crew. He was so succesful that pirates, even marine ones, all seeked it out to trade with it. Eventually, Chernibilo moved away from skirmishing and further into business, allowing the ship to grow large to accomodate passengers. Some pirate crews liked it there so much that they started using Crucible as a mothership. Alexius' father did away with pirating altogether, and became a devout businessman. Alexius, however, is much more drawn to the the pirate life, and so, when he became mayor, he requested for the town's factories to start churning out smaller, nimbler ships.

He is now reaching into new territory, expanding his empire with old-fashioned pirate techniques.
  • edited July 2019

Even though Alexius is positioning Crucible to return to its pirating ways, it is primarily still a business town (even though not all of that business may be legal). And so, a treasurer was appointed by Captain Cog to handle that side of things.

Before he got the job, his claim to fame was being a tax collector for the Aerial Confederacy, and was always reported to take a just a bit more taxes than he ever gave back.
This discussion has been closed.