Lakas' Desolation

Comments

• And updated my response.
  • @MonkeyPirate2002
    Both?
    And did Nahri get approved for a library card?
  • Yeah

The Infinite Aethenaeum is open to all, but it isn’t a publicly known place. If Nahri wants to learn all that this humble library can offer, they’re gonna have to find it first. ;)
    sorry i'm late. I might be out for a while.
  • @KorandAngels Erm, you've only posted 2 days after the challenge was posted. You're not late by any definition.
  • edited August 2019
    Hope y'all are enjoying this. TBH, I'm ready for my second one of these! I'll probably move over to Discord for it next time for organisation's sake, if the cardsmith gods allow that kinda stuff.
  • Well, Cardsmith Camaraderie and Ruins of Kolgreath's Keep exists and haven't been told to shut down, so you're fine!
  • Oh, the Camaraderie isn't official? Wild.
  • Doesn't surprise me that it's allowed, I mean, this site is definitely up for fun, not for business and being all serious. Probably why I love the place so much.
  • edited August 2019
    Gonna stick with my original difficulty plan for obstacles (though probably will be better to just do uniform points in the future, but we'll stick with it for this event), so @Bowler218, your 3/10 will be easy, and for the rest of you (@MonkeyPirate2002, @Tommia, @HeroKP, @ThatOneCat, @DrakeGladis), since the next difficulty above easy was just hard, that'll be for all of you. Nyoom, time to get cranking!

@Bowler218:

The Dairai, judging by the art you use, live near the Desolate itself. Being raided by monsters isn't that uncommon, but wurms are something they've certainly never had the pleasure of meeting before. Your challenge is simple. How will the Dairi defeat this (you don't need to think about it gameplay-wise, but may do so if you wish):

(Also the card is pretty underwhelming and should be uncommon TBH, probably going to change it up, but not by much.)

It took me like a half hour to finish this, so I should probably head to bed...going to make two cards unrelated to this challenge first, though. Good night y'all.
  • I felt late.
    Story for my card:
    Unsettled bu the dream, Salam asks Tin-lon to create a magical moving picture that lets him show the dream to his officers. together, they interpret the meaning:
    The denizens of the desilation are planning to invade; Inasala will lead an expedition to the rim to stop the threat at it's source.
  • Judging by how hot it was, Thanakar knew that they were in wurm territory. The Daiari never dealt with the wurms, and only saw them from long range, but the armor patrols saw some up close and a little too personal.
    "Thanakar, the wurms are getting way too hostile," That was from Irali, Thanakar's right-hand woman and closest friend, "Either we leave, or we die trying to kill them all."
    "We'll keep heading out, but if a wurm comes out, well, it'll give us a reason to try the latest prototypes."
  • edited August 2019
    Inasala's party braved a small desert and started sailing through a marsh. the stagnant water crept up the ruins of an ancient city. who had lived here?
    I would like a challenge to do with the expedition. (3/10 please)
  • Sorry y'all, been busy at work! Tomorrow I'm out in the afternoon (as opposed to going in at like 11 and being out around 7 or 8), so I'll be getting on them all then. Sorry!
  • edited August 2019
    EDIT: It'll be a few minutes...gotta run to the store.

Time to get some challenges out! You can always reply to them right here.

Otherwise, my plans for tonight are to:

- Wrap up that active challenge, then post a new one. Those will probably become weekly things.
    - Maybe setup a Discord for this for organisation's sake. I'll @ all of you if that ends up being the case.
  • Here we go kiddos
  • I cannot be on discord.
  • I'd rather not say.
  • No discord for me as well
  • Parental Units Refute Discord for Youth
    PURDY
  • @SammySammyson
    When will you post personal challenges for hard level?
  • @DrakeGladis I'm in the middle of writing them right now, probably going to be another hour or two if I'm able to focus. Longer if not.
  • Sorry. I will have to respond tomorrow then. I get shut down at 10.
  • Alrighty here we are, sooner than I had anticipated. Did my best, hope you all enjoy the challenges. Nyoom!

@MonkeyPirate2002

The Desolate won't give up on removing knowledge from those who have enough to stop. This time, it's making its first true appearance. While you may have skirted around its first attack by temporarily suspending some of the books in the library outside of reality (Dissertation Reclamation), it will stop at nothing to get what it wants—and the Infinite Athenaeum is well within reach of the wurms.

In the very far-off distance, visible as only a tiny speck, is an enormous wurm. It is slow-moving, but an unprepared faction will see their end in its wake.

Your challenge is to ready your defenses for this fight. While the wurm will take ages to reach you, the Desolate will try to foil your plans before then!

@Tommia AND @DrakeGladis (The FIRST interaction!)

As many of the Maviol abandon their home of illusion, it seems to follow them as they go, only in a corrupted form. Around them, the landscape slowly shifts and morphs into different realities. Some are simply other parts of Lakas, while others are horrors that could make even the Phyrexians shutter.

When night falls, all seems to have returned to normal until the Maviol find themselves dead in the center of what appears to be a some city in the middle of a clearing. Half the Maviol appear on one clearly defined line, and half on the other.

Your challenge: interact, and figure out what will happen now! (No destroying other factions and keep things realistic and fair. Do not claim to successfully kill or otherwise get rid of important members of a faction without consent. You can attempt to, and that faction has all right to make it so they survive in just about any realistic manner. These rules are in place to keep factions in the challenge until toward the end.)

You may interact through cards and one or more posts. Whatever the case, you are scored on your willingness to interact, accept failures should they come, and your general sportsmanship. Will an alliance form, or will two factions be pitted against one another as sworn enemies?

@HeroKP

The bugs have succeeded at creating their own wurm, although it died of unknown cause just a few days after. Afterward, each of the three highbugs has yet another nightmare, this one depicting their own demise at the hands of another highbug. (Volug sees Runa murder him, Runa sees Limac challenge her and defeat her at a duel, and Limac sees Volug enslave him.)

Your challenge is more of a flavorful one than anything: How do they react to this? Think resolution if there is a dispute among them, or just discussion among them.

This is a hard challenge because of the need to personify each of the three characters and represent them and their views. (I figured it would probably be more time-consuming than the others.)

@ThatOneCat

Diplomacy in the language of beasts is something the League will have to learn if they intend to remain sovereign. Yet another encounter has shown Reyeva that horrific wurms are a threat to her and everything around her.

What is this encounter? Well, it appears that others have had similar dreams. Strange "prophets" in dark cloaks that hide each and every feature they could have begin to appear, declaring something to anyone they pass in a language none of them can understand.

How does the League address this situation? Points for creativity here!

@KorandAngels

Braving the wastes is something very few have ever done before. And those that have, well, they did not return. White Alliance scouts find themselves ambushed by comparatively small wurms, each about six feet long. What's their defense against this ambush?
  • edited August 2019
    It’s been millennia since Vampires and Werewolves have ever seen each other. The Maviol had thought the werewolves extinct, but obviously, they were wrong. Setra, with her weapon sheathed, steps in to speak to Chaemar, although somewhat cautiously. The Maviol have heard horror stories of werewolves tearing vampire populations to pieces, but she didn’t want to let racial bias get in the way. Against the will of her highest protectors, she refuses to be defended.

As for the elves and leonin, there was a time they lived together. Elves have somewhat of an influence on Maviol society today, from their peaceful approaches to their love for nature. Normally, Sanova would be resting, but today, he stood tall as the pride of his people. After noticing that no one has attacked, he puts away his hammer and summons a barrier to protect himself and Queen Rhysmerea, just in case either side gets violent.
This discussion has been closed.