Rezatta, the life-matters Renaissance plane — SET DESIGN PHASE

1171819202123»

Comments

• @LordTachanka123

Actually, I just realised, we could make it an actual tragedy in the theatrical sense of the term. As-in, we know from the start Eco is supposed to die. Picture this: 

Gio is asked to smuggle this girl to a place. He doesn't need to know the details, but he understands, she's to die so he shouldn't get too attached. He thinks it shouldn't be too hard because she doesn't talk, and at first he kind of treats her like an object. But, after a few unexpected adventures, he starts to feel protective of her, maybe even have feelings. He then tries to save her though it's a losing battle since, in the end, Eco sacrifices herself for the greater good.

IzItTru

Yeah, you're not wrong in that having Gio and Lizza competing for a legendary black card is going to be an issue. It's not impossible, but we might want a red-flavoured thief to avoid that. Something à la Robin Hood maybe?

That being said, we can have some legendary creatures overlapping in colours a bit, especially if we support a legendary-matters archetype at uncommon ^^ A Dimir character for instance would probably collide a bit with Da Vinci, and it's ok in small doses.
  • Yeah, that story seems pretty good! I hate to change Gio's colors, but if we have too, Dimir splashing red would probably be our best choice. I can def see him sneaking her into wherever she needs to go, starting off pretty fine, but then slowly getting more and more attached...

"So,how's your day going Eco?Oh yeah, you can't speak."
    Later
    "Eco, I need to tell you something. I'm in love!"
    Later
    "WHY DID YOU DIE!!!!!"
  • Random idea: 

I kind of wish we had a special frame just to set a unique visual identity to the set. I figured that the Art creatures might get a little flourish in their frame, and maybe more unusual art styles. I know usually introducing a new creature type is not enough to justify a specific card frame, but what do you think of using the Spellbook frame just to set apart the Art creatures from the rest? 

• good idea
  • I'm a fan of having a unique frame for Art creatures as well
  • I like that idea as well!
  • Hey @ningyounk, I'm making a planeswalker, and would you mind if there home plane was Rezatta? 
  • edited June 2020
    @LordTachanka123

No problem ^^ If it's interesting we might even consider it for the set once we get to the point where we start designing the planeswalkers :)

___

P.S: I'm under a deadline at work so I'll be less active than usual for a little while. I'll still be brainstorming the uncommon skeleton in the meantime and I'm preparing a fresh new thread for when we start to design uncommons! ^^
  • edited June 2020
    What projects do you do for work? Your a biologist, right? What kind of stuff do you do? 
    P.S.:Thanks, I've recently wanted to design a planeswalker who believes in the beauty of all, and Rezatta seemed the best fit for her.
  • @LordTachanka123

I'm a PhD student in neurobiology yes ^^ I study the cerebral circuitry behind the stress response by taking control of specific regions in mice brains to modify their behaviour in response to stressful stimuli :) It's useful for understanding the mechanisms behind neuropsychiatric illnesses like post-traumatic stress disorders or depression.
  • edited June 2020
    That sounds like my dream job @ningyounk
    If I were a scientist
    I've always loved biology, or more specifically zoology, but only liked a specific part of it. For the longest time I didn't know what it was, till I read "My life with the Chimps", written by best scientist of all time(Don't argue, you know I'm right) Jane Goodall. I finally learned I wanted to study ethology, and really liked the idea of studying in the same place where Jane did. And then, I found magic, and my real love for game design started. Of course, this doesn't mean I've abandon it. I still love designing animals and behaviors in games(Of course, they are all theoretical, I'm yet to make a professional game), and ethology is really what lead me there.
    Side note:Chemistry is also a favorite, specifically the elements

• Note:Embellish is not a mechanic, but there was a word cap and I couldn't put everything onto it

+1: Put a +1/+1 counter on all creatures you control.
    -2: Make a 0/0 artifact golem token with "As this creature enters the battlefield, you may move any amount of counters from creatures you control to this creature."
    -4: Make an emblem with "At the beginning of each main phase, put a +1/+1 counter on all creatures you control."

Marie believes that all(White) things deserve beauty(Black), and she will steal that beauty from the rich people who have wronged her and give it to others. She is also a sculpture/architect, and works to make her creations beautiful through any means. She herself has not ever worked her magic on herself, as she believes she is naturally beautiful, and she wants to share that.
    As a child, nobles took away her brother and mother, and forced her father into the army. She grew to despise them, and would commonly steal from them just to spite. Her father died in the army, and her mother was mentally broken. She aims to find her younger brother, and rescue him from their clutches.
    She herself has done bad things, and stolen beauty from great arts. She has the magical power to store such things, and then give them out or take them in.
  • Giving all your creatures a +1/+1 counter is a minus ability on a three mana walker, and this feels rather pushed. I'd've left a comment on the card, but I'm too lazy to actually go looking for it.
  • Yeah, I agree, the whole card was made in a rush, so I will go back and remake @Lujikul. Thanks for the advice.
  • Sorry to be a bother, but can I find a recap about the plane and the current phase anywhere? I'd like to join but I'm so far behind i'm not sure if I can.
  • @Scaccogaming, I think @ningyounk might have something, and I'm sure everyone else will be willing to answer any questions. You learn a lot about the rundown of the set in the description of this thread.
  • @Scaccogaming

Hello! I'm actually working on a new thread with a new updated intro. It'll probably be the easiest jumping point ^^
  • edited June 2020
    What time is it @ningyounk?
  • Thing is, I'm italian so I might be actually quite happy to help, not gonna lie
  • Oh yeah, forgot about that @Scaccogaming.
  • Alright, the new thread with updated intro is available by clicking this link: 
    @Corwinn, if you pass by, would you mind closing this thread so it doesn't get too confusing? Thanks in advance ^^
This discussion has been closed.