Worldcraft Part 1 (An Alternate Earth)

Comments

• @HeroKP , Thanks for reuploading it, thanks for the lore expansion! Also, The river valleys are based on the real ones, the Nile, Tigris/Euphrates, Indus and Huang He, if thats any help
  • @pjbear2005

The pleasure is mine. :)
  • @pjbear2005 I know my card isn't as detailed as other contestants, but is the lore fit for her faction? Being something like ancient persia I thought about some desertic zone (much like egypt), did I get it wrong? Is the card good enough?
  • edited February 2020

Once, there were three rival factions of nature: Mammals, Reptilians and Dragons. They fought each other for a long time, so merchants easily became the leading power in Hunrin. But now, Wou Djilai came. He brought peace to the animal world. And now, all ecosystems rose to take Hunrin back.
    And Uil-Jo was the charismatic leader of the Reptilians. But now, he is Wou Djilai's most favored advisor.
    Wuii was born in a far away forest in the north of Hunrin. When he was nineteen, he entered Mammal rangers. Quite fast everyone noticed his magic power. Once he saw some people hunting elks. Wuii decided to save the animals and to scare the hunters with his magic bow. When he shot, hunters didn't run away, as everyone did before. Instead, they started shooting at Wuii and the elks. That moment Wuii understood, that this time, he would have to choose between elks and hunters. That understanding woke his Planeswalker's spark.
  • @Scaccogaming yeah, it works. I like that people are adding to the world and we're already getting great stories
  • For the glory of Ehai:

The Mohha and his priesthood have long spoken of the Unfinished Tomb, the place that the Traitor-God Authis was to be laid to rest. Evil still exists in the world in the form of barbarian outlanders and dissenters against the state, they say, because the construction was halted and Authis remained free, for even the gods could not create a vessel so great as to imprison one of their own.

Kotep is a designer of structures glorious and ostentatious in equal measure. He has long challenged any who might claim to be a greater constructor than he and sent each away, disgraced and shamed, building as he did so the very reputation each looked to destroy. Now, though, he has turned his vision beyond the mortal realm - he hungers for the patronage of the gods themselves.

Kotep's dream has reached the populace in rumor and been met with a surprising neutrality of action. It is a belief - that one could outdo the gods - that might be considered blasphemous, if only he weren't so good at what he does. Whether he is good enough? It remains to be seen.
    ____________________________________________________________________________________________________

There's a chance that I'll get some lore cards done at some point. If I do, they'll probably go into a separate comment.
  • edited February 2020
    q
  • 4 to go I guess!
  • edited February 2020
    "Hmm, I've never seen carvings quite like these before. Very similar to the modern day Melonian art style but older. " The figure moved deeper into the cave. "These old pictures suggest that they were made by a nomadic society, but there are no records of any large nomadic groups living this far out from the Inos" He continued walking until he reached a dead end a large flat stone lay up against the wall it was covered in old script. "Now this is interesting, what could it be?" He pulled a book out from his robes and began writing down "It appears to be newer than the rest of the carvings, the viper along the top is Inoroian" He looked around the cave "The older carvings are from an unknown nomadic society, this must be an old Inoroni epic" He set the book down on the ground opened to a blank page then he placed his hands on the tablet. A blue flash of energy traveled across every word and carving in the cave before finally travelling into his notebook. The once blank page now had a perfect copy of the cave carvings. "Better head back to the library and translate this"

Azel was born in Hurin but since has travelled across the land in an attempt to discover the origin of The River Valley. He uses the ancient lore and relics he finds to power his magic.
  • edited February 2020
    I have made a lore card edited into my original comment. I will continue Loreing below.
  • I have a lore card but no lore:
  • Sorry for the wait folks, kind of went off the grid for a bit, hopefully by the end of the day, I will have this started
  • Hey, good to hear it. I'd kind of assumed this wasn't going to happen, but I guess I was wrong.
  • Huzzah! :)
  • I have a whole lot of homework and I've been busy all day, so postponed until tomorrow, but I won't disappear for a month.
  • I lost all ideas I wanted to do for this, so I'm going to cancel it. Something similar will come out soon.
  • @pjbear2005

That is a great pity... Would you mind of one of us takes over this? I just think we all want to see this world in action.
  • @HeroKP

If someone wants to take it over and make it their own, go for it.
  • edited April 2020
    So, does anyone want to step forth?
  • If @pjbear2005 says that it’s okay then I can.
  • Cool! So then; @KorandAngels @spookoops @Fallen_Lord_Vulganos @HeroKP @ArchieTaylor @Scaccogaming @SarkhanVig (also which character are you using?) and @MemoryHead bump this thread if you wish to continue with this.
  • Potentially, in my case. The question of how many others will also be joining will probably prove to be a major factor in my decision.
  • I would join assuming there isn't enough players.
  • edited April 2020
    @Abu_Jafar I'm relatively certain that this is still a thing that's open to anybody. If you want to join, you can probably join.
  • @Abu_Jafar yes this is still open
  • Ok I will think of a character then
This discussion has been closed.