Planar Bang

Comments

• I am writing down the honorable mentions, think I'll probs finish it tomorow cause it's pretty late

sorry for taking a while, I had to babysit my nephew unexpectedly yesterday and today was kinda busy haha

but I'll have em finished by tomorow for sure!

and if time looks me well stage four will be announced tomorow too ;P
  • edited June 2020
    Honorable Mentions:

Basically all of @Hergusbergus' entries:

Kazaji Khanate

Saxor

Shi'adi Sultanate

Kippuda Federation

Maolulu

Daggen

All these entries were very well made, with lots of flavor and deep lore plus being well woven together, but non of them really fit the world of Draumdrasil except for the Daggen.

Basically all entries from @SpellPiper2213 (that didnt make it in lol):

Ilrec

Koylic

These two factions were pretty fitting and consise in their description, but they had to compete with other factions with the same themes but different color identity and I felt like those fitted more in their identity than these did.

Shakayan

Teraasa

These two factions are consice in what they're about and mirror eachother pretty well in their ideas, plus fitting well for the world, as in an everchanging world many will yern for stability while others might reject it later on.

(These honorable mentions are not cannon.)

Stage Four Will be Posted Soon!
  • edited June 2020
    Stage Four - The Conflict

Having stablished the world and it's inhabitants we have reached what is probably the middle of the contest, we have transition from creating the world, into creating it's events! But not the events of the past no, we have seen a fair share of those in the previous stages, no, you shall create cards to represent the happenings of the present!

Yes, we have transition from making the base world, into making it's current story!

What is the current policial climate of the world? Are any factions in conflict with one another? Perhaps an illness has begun to spread througth the world, or perhaps a planeswalker has arrived into the plane and plans to take over it and use it's magic and resources for some evil scheme!

Many different conflicts could be  happening at the same time, most of them will be minor while a major one will be happening, or perhaps there could even be two major conflicts at play!

Regardless, something is shaking up the world or it's people!

At least one major conflict will be required as a winning entry, but multiple major and minor conflicts may win as well.

You are allowed to create cards for new characters (including creatures and official and unofficial planeswalkers), places, whatever that you feel are nessesary for the conflict you're trying to introduce, they will be counted as part of the same entry.

You are allowed, as allways, to make multiple entires.

This is the challenge of this stage: Create cards that represent a conflict or conflicts of any kind (natural disasters count as well, this is conflict in all it's meanings), any card types work.

Deadline is the 1st of July, winners may vary.

The deadline will be moved if at least one major conflict isnt made as an entry or people need more time to make entries.

• I'll probably elaborate a bit and make cards for it later, but I'm almost certain there's going to be a conflict of one or more of the other factions trying to stop the Awakened from waking up the Dreamer.
  • possibly ;P
  • edited June 2020
    Dreaming Sky Dreaming Sea Dreaming Growth Dreaming Vista Dreaming Ruin

Major Conflict: Recently, Draumdrazil's environment has begun to rapidly change. People have different explanations for this phenomenon, with the Awakened being vocal that they see it as a sign that their efforts in waking the Dreamer are working.

Tempting Dream Awakened Radical

Minor Conflicts: One of Toikalli's projects that dealt with nightmares left a residual effect on the hexmage. Meanwhile, radicals within the Awakened are targeting her and her assistants, as they see what she's doing as part of why waking the Dreamer is so difficult.
  • ooh nice
  • wonder what entries we'll get
  • I've been waaay too busy with projects for university and life stuff, and personal stuff, plus now finals are going to be right after normal classes end for some reason so I havent had the time to really post here but needless to say:

Only one person has made an entry so far!

I dont currently have the time to judge because of all of the things going on, but I might get the chance to this sunday, so for now deadline has been extended to saturday; however:

I will extend the deadline past sunday if anyone wants!

I know I'm not the only one that's been too busy with things so I'll try to give time to everyone that wants to make entries.
  • it is saturday, if anyone wants to extend the deadline say it now!

I feel like maybe people have been quite busy and havent checked so I'll tag one person that said they wanted to make an entry before and see if they respond
    @Aggroman15
  • I'm not going to be able to make an entry until next Saturday, so if you don't want to wait that long you can just move on.
  • na I dont mind waiting, I've been super busy and wouldnt mind more entries haha
  • I'll try making my own entries, but I'm in a really tight schedule right now
  • good luck!
  • okay, I have decided on a final deadline for this stage:

Sunday 19 is the deadline for Stage 4!

I know that much like me many have been very busy, it's a shame this stage has gotten only one entry so far but we'll have to continue regardless.
  • edited July 2020
    [redacted]

this is a great contest, but I misunderstood "Dream" so I'm redacting this card I just posted!  oops!
  • edited July 2020
    This is supposed to hint at how some of the leaders of The Awakened plan to get The Dreamer to wake up.  They're not going to attack him or shock him, and they're not going to war with the other two factions. Actually, some of them are planning on teaching The Dreamer how to become aware he's dreaming and get him to start dreaming lucidly.  Some of The Awakened feel that this is the first step to waking up The Dreamer: first they must make him aware he's asleep and dreaming!  This Saga refers to planting that seed of doubt and lucidity: 

• edited July 2020
    noice

I like it
  • In the far off distance, in the resting place of the unconscious Dreamer, a being of immense power began to whisper curses into the Dreamer's ear, telling tales of savage chaos and utter destruction. The curses implanted into the Dreamer's memory, and through the subconscious awoke disturbing nightmares rivaling the already existing nightmares Draumdrasil inhabited.

These nightmares spread the gospel of whom they call the Bolas Mother.

(I'm sure you know who that may be...)

From these nightmares, the gospel of the Bolas Mother spread through assimilation and destruction. The nightmares would regularly sacrifice themselves, under the impression that their released magic energy would summon forth the Bolas Mother.

There were some nightmares that merged with the indigenous nightmares that existed in Draumdrasil first. From these merged nightmares came to be a giant stationary being, wherein nightmares would come to feed themselves to the giant and release their magic energy that way.

Hopes to summon forth the Bolas Mother were abundant within the nightmares, and they invaded Draumdrasil to spread the gospel and convert the indigenous nightmares to their side.
  • edited July 2020
    oooooh

love the art in that

wonder how nicol bolas would play a part

with him currently having lost his spark and all, at what point in time this happens seems imprtant haha
  • Today is The Last Day of Stage 4!

should have made the reminder sooner today but got kinda busy trying to solve a bothersome problem but oh well
  • Nicol visited Draumdrasil some time before War of the Spark haha
  • Stage 4 Has Ended! The results will be posted soon!
  • edited July 2020
    Stage 4 is Completed!

Due to many things only a handful of entries were made for this stage, however, those entries were very good, and in fact, they worked quite well with eachother, so I decided on something that may not be that surprising, but definetly fitting.

So lets start off with the minor conflicts!

The Winners Are!:

Minor Conflicts:

by @SpellPiper2213

Toikalli The Hexmage has accidentally cursed herself, through her experimentation with some nightmares residual effects of their magic has latched onto her and she now suffers the consequences.

Will she find a way to rid herself of this curse? Will someone else grant her this? Or will she have to live the rest of her life afflicted by it? Regardless of the answer, she has to deal with it now.

by @SpellPiper2213

A radical group among The Awakened has begun targetting Tolkalli and her aides as they believe that her research in the nature of dreams only hinders their progress in awaking The Dreamer.

How will Toikalli and her aides respond to these acts?

Major Conflicts:

by @Hergusbergus

An untold ammount of time ago a being of immense power from beyond Draumdrasil had found the resting place of The Dreamer, with his foul magic he began to whisper curses into the Dreamer's ears, tales of savage chaos and utter destruction.

These curses implated themselves onto The Dreamer's memory and through their subconcious manifested themselves into horrible nightmares that rivaled the ones The Dreamer usually spawned.

These nightmares spread the gospel of whom they call The Bolas Mother to others of their kind and anyone unforunate enough to have their mind touched by them.

For this being these nightmares would ritualistically sacrifice themselves, offering their released mana in hopes to summon their master.

Many of these nightmares and other nightmares that joined them merged into a singular gigantic and stationary being, where before nightmares would kill themselves in isolation now they'd come feed themselves to this monstorsity, in hopes that their combined mana would be enough to summon The Bolas Mother.

With Nicol Bolas having lost his spark and being trapped in his meditation realm he's now unable to planeswalk to Draumdrasil and claim the bounty his nightmare spawn have laid for him. So what will happen from this?

Are the nightmares sacrificing themselves for naught? Or perhaps their combined belief and efforts will born a nightmarish immitation of their god? That is to be seen.

by @TerryTags

Much like Nicol Bolas did a group among The Awakened seek to use magic to whisper into The Dreamer's ear, though a much tougher task for them. But unlike Bolas they are attempting to make The Dreamer aware of their dream and make them lucid, in hopes that that will get them closer to their awakening.

Will they succeed? Will they not? Will the other factions fight them in order to stop them?

We shall see!

Primary Conflict:

by @SpellPiper2213

Draumdasil's enviorment has begun to see a lot of rapid and sudden changes, tough no one knows why many have different explanations for it.

The Awakened see it as a sign that their efforts to wake the Dreamer are fruitful.

The Nightmares that follow The Bolas Mother see it as a sign that their efforts to summon their master are working.

The Dreams and the Nightmares that dont follow The Bolas Mother are either unphased or worried, their group is the most diverse in all forms.

The Zunesha see it as a hindrance to their work in some regards but also makes their aid more nessesary in traversing the plane.

And Toikalli and her aides are seeking to find the root cause of this phenomenon and see if anything can be done about it, and if something even has to be done about it.

That right! All entries for this stage are winning entries!

Meaning there will be no honorable mentions this time. But I believe the world and story we have built so far is looking pretty good!

Stage 5 will be posted soon!

And it will likelly be a much shorter and easier one so hopefully we'll see more cards for it. ;P
  • Yay! Cool!
  • I gotta give props to you man, thanks for tying up the loose ends to the end goal of the Bolas Nightmares haha, I wasn't able to come up with one myself so thank you
  • it's no prob haha
This discussion has been closed.